Latest news - 24 hours of Le Mans Virtual

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Deleted member 24698, May 15, 2020.

1. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Why isn't anyone racing the BMW GTE in the 24hrs?
    Is it because BMW don't want it in the race, or is it not race worthy?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

BMW aren't racing.

3. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

good stream, I'm thrilled!

4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

We have a problem with the server - raced stoped Red Flag!
    So...3rd time.

Mauro likes this.
  5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

because they do not stop failing, they have been making a fool of themselves there for years

6. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

OMG the next red flag, 1 year of development and still the same problems, no glory sheet for studio 397...

Ariff and Mauro like this.
  7. Comante

Comante Registered

I don't see those red flags as a failure. They would be if they were unable to restart the race as it was stopped, but shit happens, red flags are part of that.

8. Stevy

Stevy Registered

Thats good for you, but everyone outside of the rF2 Forum and Discord does.

Ariff, Mauro, Clemenca and 1 other person like this.
  9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

There's been 2 Red Flags

Ariff and Mauro like this.
  10. Comante

Comante Registered

Bitching is world official people's sport, this doesn't make them right.
    I'm not a fan of 24h , but I'm really enjoying THIS 24 h , yes I've seen there have been some issues with connection and server, but until you can gather all the people in the same building, you can't get rid of connectivity problem. For the other unexpected problem, is not much different than when a tire fly off the car in the real world.. this should not happen, but does anyway.

11. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

You mean trustable people like Austin Ogonoski and die-hard iRacing fans? Who is "everyone" btw? I've seen enough onling racing in the different sims to tell you that so few DNFs for such a race with so many entries from all over the world is actually pretty decent and that you would have zero chance of rejoining after a connection loss in other platforms. And what's so bad about two redflags, with rather short interruptions when you have similar or far longer interruption time spans in the real race due to SC or crashes. And I am still amazed to see people claiming that iRacing would have been the much better choice. Who really knows this? I've seen cars warping and and being on the roof in iRacing aswell, especialy with high pings so I would be carefull to put a lag spike like the one that happened to Verstappen on the games fault alone. Sure there can be issues and I think most people will agree on that rF2 still has some way to go, but all in all it went pretty smooth with most cars still going. The fact that it hit Team Redling with Lando and Max really exaggerates all of this just because Lando uninstalled the game on his stream. But who cares if he can't deal with failure. Sometimes you are unlucky in racing and they should be mature enough to know it. :)

andrea_274, Emery, pkelly and 8 others like this.
  12. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

Landos uninstall show is only childish, has he already formatted his PC and canceled his internet provider or uninstalled F1 2019? What he pulled off at the F1 2019 Arcaderacer was also more than embarrassing for a parade esport athlete like him ...

atomed, Adam Helyes and TJones like this.
  13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Would be interested to know how he acts if his real car breaks down. Does he cancel his contract in that case? :D

14. Stevy

Stevy Registered

I get it. We are on the official rF2 Forum.
    Of course some of you don't see the problem. And I won't argue with you guys because its just wasted time.
    There is a reason why rF2 has the smallest playbase of all the current sims and public online is non existing.
    I will continue playing rF2.
    But I also will stop supporting S397 for not fixing shit which is known for years now.

Mauro and Ariff like this.
  15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Oh yeah, we're on the official forum so we don't see problems. rF2 is perfect.

Clemenca and atomed like this.
  16. Comante

Comante Registered

I'm a brainwashed bot too.

17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Maybe they try to fix shit that is known for years but it isn't as straight forward as you make sound it like? I mean, every god damn platform has this shit going on, yet problems persist. Comparing the last LM24 and this one it should give you a clear indication that things are moving forward. How about that? Last year discos and freezes were the rule and led to a premature race end. This year, they are the exception and the race will most likely go to the end.

What I also don't understand is you complaining about rF2 having the smallest player base - something that I question btw - while S397 is trying to show this sim to the world to expand the exposure and advertise the product using such an event and drive development further. Would it really have been better to for S397 to sit back in the dark basement and let iRacing snatch this opportunity? I am not sure if I can follow your logic. Next week iRacing will run their LM24 and I am sure that we will issues aswell. Mark my words. :)

18. atomed

atomed Member

I attended the 2018 LeMans at LaSarthe. After 4 hours hypnotized at Arnage at night I slept too much and woke up around 10. The sound of the engines was relatively low, and I woke up alarmed thinking the race was already over. It was a full track safety car that lasted for a lot of time. Nobody was bitching about it. It just happened, so? Shit happens, inside, outside, everywhere, get over it and enjoy it. rFactor 2 doesn't have the hundreds of thousands of online hours experience the leading online sim has, and even with that disadvantage I wouldn't change one hour of the sheer joy rF2 gives me for ten anywhere else. You would? Go ahead.

19. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

Well, these have two readings fom my point of view:
    1. A lot of drivers never raced rFactor 2, they join this event and as they have problems they uninstall rFactor live and state it's a **** of a game, etc, their fans see that and now lot of people think the game is totally broken... which maybe is mostly true for long races but not for other races.
    2. Hopefully studio-397 will see again that freezings and other problems are more general than they usually like to think and make big fixes like last year.

The event has positive and negative things... the stream was amazing, the day-night transition was awesome... a considerable number of drivers had problems... So I don't think it can be considered a success, but if they are able to fix the freezings and drivers swap issues it will be a success for us, the players.

Mauro, Ariff, atomed and 4 others like this.
  20. FrC

FrC Registered

Good Job S397

pkelly, Juan Hevia, GT_ONE and 4 others like this.