Broadcast Overlay Questions

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by ravajava, Jun 10, 2020.

1. ravajava

ravajava Registered

Hey guys, so I've been messing around with the broadcast overlay for a league I'm going to be commentating on. It's pretty nifty, but I've run into three things that I'm curious about.

First is the class names. Is there a way to say "I want GTE to be displayed as GTLM", for example?

Second... replay button. No idea how that is supposed to be working. It does cause a replay, but their is a lot of behavior around it that is unpredictable.

Third question. When I turn on extended battle it only shows the current car. 1v1 works as intended, but I don't think this is how extended battle is meant to work. Not mention of it in the wiki...
    upload_2020-6-10_16-27-5.png

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  2. JulianRRVGT

JulianRRVGT Registered

3. Xplore Sim Racing

Xplore Sim Racing Registered

We do not have experience with this, but my thought is a two part solution. First, is the above from Julian, and naming the class in the json for the class you want to see. The second part is the Mod being used in the league likely has to have GTLM/GTD set as the classes in the .VEH file for the cars. That way when the overlay looks for GTLM it finds a GTLM Class. Otherwise it may default to GTE or not show anything at all. Again, we (XSR) have not tried this yet, but it is just my thought.

I tried the overlays during a live race for the first time today with our Porsche Cup series. The replay button also didn't work for me. It showed the replay intro video, then went back to live but left the replay icon in the timing tower. And the Extended Battle page worked for us today until the gap between cars got to be a few seconds apart, then it just dropped to the car I was focused on.

Spike

4. ravajava

ravajava Registered

I'll give it a look and get back to you.
    As far as your issue, glad you figured it out :D

5. knackko

knackko Registered

Is there a way to show the tower without rank for each class ?

6. JulianRRVGT

JulianRRVGT Registered

I think that is the right way to change the name of each class, because the overlay gets the name from the car file.

You can choose "all" or only the class you want in the controlpanel, where you turn off and on the tower.

7. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Just set

DisplayClassOverride="GTLM"

in the car upgrades.ini

Wanderpoole likes this.
  8. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

Do you have to be using e new UI for the broadcast to work or access it ?