Automobilista 2 announced, using project cars 2 engine

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by torig, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

This looks interesting
    I’ll purchase around Christmas when more development done

Really never want to get involved in early access after doing so in past many times

DrivingFast likes this.
  2. Emery

Emery Registered

Certainly getting in at the EA launch would not have been good for me. Getting in before the discount decreased (a bit over one week ago?) was just about right... still stuff for Reiza to do, but it's good enough to enjoy at this point without being annoyed by the shortcomings. Took me an hour to get it configured, which left me most of an hour to evaluate the game to decide if I should bail out... I've logged 9 hours so far, about half of which was testing fps, weather, and AI.

As an rF2 user, the fps are slightly better in AMS2, particularly when you add rain or night (my GTX 1080 with triple 1080p is not powerful enough to do rain during the night in either title!). Weather is better looking and otherwise about the same driving experience (definitely no killer puddles like PCARS2). The AI has a different set of problems, but at least you don't have to listen to binary throttles and watch herky-jerky driving. I'm not in a position to try multiplayer these days. Users definitely have a schism about the FFB; for me, it is as natural as rF2 and I can seamlessly switch from AMS2 to rF2, but other people hate AMS2 FFB.

Obbzy_XR_ likes this.
  3. Christy

Christy Registered

the purchase with early access is over for a month.
    now the game is 26 € or 30 € to check.
    version 1 will be released at the end of May. but it will be much more expensive. so now is the time to save a little. :)

4. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Its fantastic what Reiza is doing here.
    A lil vid with the MCR2000 @ VIR.

TJones, Emery and psone like this.
  5. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

My experience so far is that many of the cars has pretty enjoyable physics behaviour. Controlling the cars and oversteer feels nice. The ffb feels pretty nice, but is a bit soft and numb compared to rf2. It's good fit with the softer cars, but on stiff formula cars i would expect the steering to feel more tight and detailed, which kind of breaks the immersion of realism for me.
    Anyway, driving the cars i like, i'm getting good amount of enjoyment from the game and don't regret the purchase.

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

At the moment it continues to disappoint, it has improved, but the physics are not very good, let's hope it continues to improve, the content is better and it looks great, but the physics are still disappointing:(:confused::confused::confused::confused:

7. Emery

Emery Registered

Can you be more specific about what disappoints you about the physics? Which cars have you tried and what are you comparing them to?

memoNo1 likes this.
  8. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

memoNo1 likes this.
  9. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Now with 85% AI aggression. That takes this Sim to another level! Absolutely awesome Reiza !.

10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

to comment on physics you must compare with another game ?, with other cars ?, they are very arcades and very disappointing physics, if you want to compare, do it with driver 1, I have tried all the cars and it is disappointing, I hope they improve it, for now, half chestnut that looks great

11. williang83

williang83 Registered

lol, at this point you completely lost of any seriousness

12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

true, surely your criteria is good ...:D:D:D but it is disappointing ..., I am amused by his criticism of rfactor 2 ... and the compliments to the one who at the moment is a chestnut, the "motorist", but a chestnut that looks pretty ... as is proyect cars:D:D:D:D

Sergitroon likes this.
  13. williang83

williang83 Registered

Two wrongs don't make a right.

14. Emery

Emery Registered

I'm trying to get something more useful than "it's arcade" out of you. You've been around long enough to know "physics" incorporates so many aspects that "it's arcade" is a totally useless response. Try to narrow it down man!
    Engine power?
    Car weight?
    Suspension dynamics?
    Body inertia?
    Wheel inertia?
    Aerodynamics?
    Tire grip?
    Tire slip?
    Forcefeedback?

15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

You are funny, who would see you talking about it, about codemaster f1 2012, for example, ...
    It is easier to say that it is very easy, that it hardly has any difficulty and that it is very arcade, with that enough to spare, there is no need to explain more ...
    as to put a toston on physics here, for me it is disappointing, not for you because I'm happy for you:D:D:D:D:D

16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Exactly, you have erred twice.........the worst thing is that you're on your way to the third:D:D

17. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

For me, the FFB is excellent. I think the feel I get through the wheel is maybe 25% better than rF2.

The downside for me are the tyres. I get no sense of connectivity to the road, in comparison with rF2 . I've possibly been lucky being able to drive the rF2 tyre model which is streets ahead of any other sim, so comparing an early access game to one that has been around for many a year is perhaps a little unfair. Sure, the FFB picks up the bumps and road particles, but on turning there isn't that knowing the grip level you have. The tyres almost feel as though they are slightly above the road in some cornering instances. Again, to be fair, the latest AMS2 build has moderately improved the tyre cornering feel, though I think there is still much to be done...

The physics are getting better. Driving their V8Supercar, the rear end is now far more settled, the front has more predictable turn, and the car isn't floating around on the straights like a stock 1960s Holden on the highway!!! The brakes also don't send the car into a spin at the slightest touch (it was random too). A massive improvement IMHO.

Yes, certainly much more for Reiza to get right, but they're the kind of organisation that will continue to improve the game until it is a good as they can get it. Looking forward to seeing what improvements are in the next lot of updates....

Atsuki likes this.
  18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

19. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

The FFB is not really good, the cars bounce too much (since early access, and nothing has changed, even a Formula car bounces), particulary the Sprint cars, no feeling at braking, no feeling in a turn, good feeling at stop, when the car doesn't move....AI is like the pCars 2 one, with the same long gap between each others, with ACC or RF2 they can race very close from each others....
    Oscilations in the FFB, no tyre load feeling like rF2......rolf it's a pCars 2.5, not a giant improvement....With the new FFB from pCars 2 released in June I don't really need AMS2, the content from Pcars 2 destroys it, the RX content in pCars 2 is awesome, so much fun with my friends everytime.
    AMS 2 is boring for me (after 2 years of pCars 2 gameplay), NO NORDSCHLEIFE, the track that EVERY sims have, no gorgeous content like RX (11 RX tracks in pcars 2) can't wait for pCars 3 with the GRID AI.
    It has all the (bad) features from pCars 2 : random weather is a loop (so not a surprising race, compared to the gorgeous variablity setting from ACC), time acceleration has not a good multiplier (only x25 so your 24h simulated in 1h race is 25 hours....) and so many other things that if you have played with pCars 2 you find them in AMS2, like aliasing like hell....AI inconstant, particulary with rain condition cause they are not affected by the puddles, small grid race...
    AND WORST the nice features from AMS1 are no anymore present, no possibilty to race at night with many cars like the Stock cars.....what a deception, they add a best engine to have the night (more optimised) and the rain, but they've removed the headlights ! hahaah, this game is a bad joke... money grab....but for 25$ it's not godd, for 5$ in 2 years, with all DLC included it's a good price.

Good point is the trees are better in AMS2, the trees from PCars 2 were annoying and poped everywhere. In AMS, let's say it, the trees are beautyfull, compated to pCars 2 or even the Codemasters trees....

I will pay Pcars 3 day one at full price, I prefer :), it seems far more funny.
    The Pcars 3 AI looks like the GRID 2019 one, which is a very very good new.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    Mibrandt and FAlonso like this.
  20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

In AMS1 they added lights to cars that originaly don't have them so now they removed it ;)
    The night in this engine is ridiculous anyway