Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. RedBarchetta

RedBarchetta Registered

2. Emery

Emery Registered

I believe you're misunderstanding what AI Limiter does. At zero, the AI's laptimes won't vary except for track conditions (weather, real road, fuel load, tire compound) and having to avoid traffic and they are strictly controlled by the combination of the AI Difficulty slider and the RCD speed value. When there is no RCD skill, then they are assigned a random skill... sadly, S397 started leaving out RCDs, at least for a stretch when they initially began releasing content, so you should plan on making your own via adding skins. In older ISI titles, the Talent file is what we now call the RCD.

As you increase the AI Limiter, that increases the range of laptimes with an oscillator that is supposed to imitate a real driver surging and falling back, like getting a second wind and then tiring. At a fairly low value (10-20?), the oscillations quickly swamp the RCD speed because the 0-100 speed rating only covers a range of about 2 sec per minute in laptime.

Thus I recommend a very low AI Limiter (1 or 2) for AI play so the RCD is effective. If you're testing RCD values, you need the AI Limiter at zero. As I recall, the reason you don't want AI Limiter at zero for normal play is that it removes AI engine failures (or some similar feature) plus it's nice to have a little of the AI surge & fall back.

3. The Great Apt

The Great Apt Registered

That was incredibly informative!
    So I clearly misunderstood what the Limiter did, and no I know to start reading up on creating RCDs via skins.

Many thanks for the info.

Edit: Bugger, so in t0p5ecret's recommendations, he meant a Limiter value of precisely 0.40, an actual fraction of 1?

Not 1.0 = 100 in the player slider, with 0.40 = 40 in the player slider?

Edit 2:
    That made the world of difference. No more 20-car trains, gaps in the field to overtake into; that was fun.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    Emery, atomed and t0p5ecret like this.
  4. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Sorry mate I should probably have made that clearer.

5. The Great Apt

The Great Apt Registered

Don't be daft, no reason to apologise.
    So, in the json set it to 0.44, do I do anything with the in-game (Limiter) slider?

Wish this game was less obscure at times.

t0p5ecret likes this.
  6. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Ok so after much internal deliberation I have put up my Circuit D'Azur 1.02 AIW update in the first post, a few people have been asking about it, I haven't heard any feedback from S397 on it so I'm putting it up for people to try and give me some feedback. Corvette GT3 and I assume GTE will still graze the outside armco at hairpin, so I'd suggest simply not running that car if you are running GT3s here. Change log in first post.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    R.Noctua, Manfredk2 and atomed like this.
  7. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Updated first post with new Adelaide 1.08, please uninstall the previous if you have it installed. This fixes the AI leaving and entering pits/colliding with garage walls. Change log in first post.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    Manfredk2 and atomed like this.
  8. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

No mate the only thing you should be adjusting with the slider post applying those settings is the AI skill to suit you and the track.

9. atomed

atomed Member

Thank you so much Mark, with you AIWs and the latest graphics update rF2 is sheer joy :cool:

t0p5ecret likes this.
  10. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

All good mate :)

atomed likes this.
  11. Schumi

Schumi Registered

You can send me AIW in PM and I will update the track

memoNo1, SLK, Mydriaz and 4 others like this.
  12. Aceking

Aceking Registered

AI test teasers at Mugello Circuit showing improvements in slipstreaming passes with a good AIW and proper settings!

Prost slipstream passes Capelli

Berger slipstream passes De Cesoris but loses position into T1

Ferrari slipstream passes Vette

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    zi99y, AUSTmike, Hazi and 5 others like this.
  13. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Did some optimizations on both infield layouts of Gateway Motor Speedway: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/gateway-motor-speedway.63660/ Sent the AIWs to Leonardo. Maybe he uses it for a futher update of his track.

Did some tweaks on the corridors at the end ot the pitlane wall, preventing the AI to touch it. There were also some bucklings on the left/right/block line which caused the AI to slow down. Straightend them and now it seems fine.

14. atomed

atomed Member

With you AIW guys and this confinement thing I'll end not needing any human interaction anymore.

Aceking, Emery and t0p5ecret like this.
  15. atomed

atomed Member

Hi guys, I've been recently trying Tchachalowski's fantastic ovals. They are not playable atm because the AI suddenly brakes very hard at certain turns, though not always. When it's not the case the racing seems pretty good, so maybe correcting that issue could change the game with these great recent additions.

RJMik likes this.
  16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You will be nominated for Sainthood if you can get them to pass cars heading to the pits. i.e. Le Mans, the entire lap....

Aceking and atomed like this.
  17. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Absolutely impressive what you guys are doing here!
    Thx so much to all of you.
    Especially credit to you Mark.
    In my last Video there are some words about you and your work!
    Keep it on guys.:cool:

(Btw when is Magione ready?)

Aceking, atomed and t0p5ecret like this.
  18. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

All good mate. I have a couple more in the works at the moment, thanks for the kind words mate appreciate it :)

atomed, Corti and memoNo1 like this.
  19. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Anyone that's subscribed to the Global Endurance Cup 2019-20 it now has my updated AIW for Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, this includes a path for the LMP cars a new Fastest path for the GTEs, fixed pit exits and a working rolling start. I'll update the first post as I am going to work through all of the tracks for the team producing this mod.

gt911, atomed, memoNo1 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I only know his version of Gateway MP. The AIW is very bad (complete wrong pit lane path, some bucklings in fastest line etc.) Are all of his tracks affected? I will take a look this evening.

atomed likes this.