[REL] DAMPlugin for rF2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jul 18, 2015.

1. M Lynn

M Lynn Registered

Ah thanks Lazza, well at least you know what it might be. Yeah it's the latest version.

2. Jamilton

Jamilton Registered

Hi,

Been having some trouble trying to install this. I click "add" on the automatic installer, it tells me it has detected my installation path, I say yes for adding the folder and it tells me rFactor 2 Installation folder invalid". Manual install doesn't go any better, producing no beeps (only a generic windows error noise and no logs). Any ideas on what to do?

3. M Lynn

M Lynn Registered

Have you put the sounds in the right place, PluginData\DAMPlugin? Has it created a .ini file in your "\UserData\player" folder? Does it produce any log files?

4. Jamilton

Jamilton Registered

Where is the PluginData/DAMPlugin meant to go in the RF2 directory? No .ini was created and no log files produced.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Jamilton the entire archive should be extracted to your main rF2 folder. That puts the PluginData folder (which isn't part of the original game folders) in the main folder, and DAMPlugin within it.

By extracting the (manual) archive to the main folder, the plugin itself should also end up in the right place.

I'm not sure why the handler is giving you that folder error, from memory I think it checks the Core\data.path file for the 'data folder' (back in the early days rF2 was, or could be, split into 2 folders) and makes sure it finds the right files underneath it. So that error would suggest it's not pointing at the correct folder.

atomed likes this.
  6. hstevefrancis

hstevefrancis Registered

@Lazza I have some issue with the GPS, I got the channel about GPS Latitude and logitude
    but not able to convert it into track map correctly. is there anything go wrong? I data show on value table but show N/A at any added graphy as shown

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@hstevefrancis that's a strange one, not sure I've seen that message before. You don't have any custom maths for GPS channels? The list on the right shows the logged data, and has values, but it's possible some maths or alias is set up and overriding the channel names with invalid values.

Does it normally work for you? Also, what are the (Japanese?) characters about in the session name? I can't remember what normally goes there, perhaps a slight possibility some extended characters are confusing i2Pro.

8. hstevefrancis

hstevefrancis Registered

@Lazza this is my first test lap on rF2 plugins connect to i2pro (track: silverstone national about 2km). I tried ACTi(also connect to i2pro) on assetto corsa and it is OK.
    but not the same situation on DAMplugin here.
    I used default channel only and made no customization
    also the characters was 上午 (means AM 下午 for PM), not refer to any important data

I found the logged GPS information do get numbers, but there's another category of "Math:user" record GPS information in blank.
    and the track generator actually require data from "Math:user" rather than "logged data", so it came with nothing

and It was unable to change the GPS source type from "Math" to "Logged"

Attached Files:

• log1.png
      log1.png
      File size:
      103.6 KB
      Views:
    • log2.png
      log2.png
      File size:
      163.1 KB
      Views:
  9. hstevefrancis

hstevefrancis Registered

@Lazza I think I got it worked.... a silly problem
    I was thinking everything will be the same as ACTi plugin on AC, so I just copied the project and sent data to it.
    Sorry for my fault.... I should figured out there were a lot more stuff going on each project.
    Now it is working on adequate workbook and math, thank you

Lazza likes this.
  10. atomed

atomed Member

I just want to say thanks Lazza for your work here.

Paolo Pennimpede likes this.
  11. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Excellent work, thanks Lazza.
    Are the Optional Channels like Aero_1 data channels or math channels?

I added the line to the config following the Active Extra Channels line:
    Aero_1: 3
    After a run it was replaced with
    Log Build Finished

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You're editing the output file instead of the .ini file :)

(or, you're editing it wrong; there's already a line in the .ini with Aero_1 = 1, just make that Aero_1 = 3. They're right down the bottom of the .ini file)

13. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Doh.....
    That was it, thanks!

14. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

check tire ride height, not front / rear

15. Peter Kasbergen

Peter Kasbergen Registered

I have a question... I am using Motec i2 Pro (latest version) and the latest version of the DAMPlugin, but I am only getting gears in Motec. Nothing else. I have not changed anything in the config/ini file. Am I doing something wrong?

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

When viewing the graphs and stuff press V on your keyboard to bring up the channel list on the right, and scroll down to the Logged section. You should see a list of channels that were logged, and their current values (if you drag the current time point across the graphs, those values will change).

If you see a number of channels there with changing values then the issue is just the graphs you have displayed (and the channel names they're configured with), otherwise it would indicate an issue. I'm soon to revisit this plugin with some errorchecking so will check the latest i2Pro then as well.

17. Peter Kasbergen

Peter Kasbergen Registered

Thanks for the reply, Lazza. I created a new workspace in MoTeC and got most of the data. It does seem like the suspension data is still missing, though.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The default graphs may have some invalid channel names, check against that list of logged channels to confirm.

But also some cars, especially DLC, have some groups of channels blocked, so best to test with some older or third party content to confirm the graphs are working, and then if no values show up for a particular car you know it's just that car and not something you've missed.

Peter Kasbergen likes this.
  19. lagg

lagg Registered

Hi Lazza
    A guy in our champ is having problems with the v0.921
    The logs take a lot of time to be recorded (sometimes minutes).
    With the v0.810 it works ok, it's instantaneous.
    He has sent me his DAMPlugin.ini and DAMPlugin_Output.txt
    https://mega.nz/file/X9NgUChD#t5E9P_N0pTx-DUMdHWF_2GVBlw4vT8l3IdGpChoeha4
    Do you know what can be the cause?
    Do you need more info?

Corti likes this.
  20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I know someone with the latest windows 10 update had an issue, and it went away when rolling back to the previous version. I haven't had a chance yet to try and work out what might be causing it. Thanks for the files, I'll see what I can work out.

Corti likes this.