GTE cars handling issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KCW, May 22, 2020.

1. KCW

KCW Registered

Oh ok,

no idea, but it likely has something to do with the fact it was played on one PC, then the replay file was copied over to another PC, played and recorded from there.

i have noticed some odd things occur doing that, even totally different cars being in place of what was really there.

so in short it likely was nothing like that while i was playing it, but has played back that way after running it on a different machine.

initially i had no idea what you meant.

2. KCW

KCW Registered

There is no doubt this car is one of the better ones in the GTEs, but i wouldnt expect it to roast the tyres so quick as it does, although they all do it.

seems to be the only cars that do this, and it even happens if i set track temp down to 15°, which it certainly shouldnt.

Not at that sort of lap time anyway, fair as it was, it is not where id expect a GTE to be, given the Porsche in real life was almost 8 seconds faster.

3. KCW

KCW Registered

I just had a look through the cars, and that first one appears to be the actual livery that is on the car.

ive got a bunch of other GTE cars, like the URD packs, and some livery packs etc, because i often do races with 59 Ai drivers in there.

the yellow Corvette i cant explain, i didnt look for that one.

4. williang83

williang83 Registered

In rf2, wet aside, environment settings has ZERO impact on tires

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You sure you don't just mean track temp?

6. KCW

KCW Registered

That makes some sense then, as to why it occurs, if nothing else.

7. franser

franser Registered

After testing different cars and setups the gte with the le mans pack feel good in the le mans in times close to reality, with the standard pack the cars feel a few seconds slower than the real time

8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

You can drive times close to 3:47.507 (2018 LMGTE Pole) with the Porsche RSR in rF2? If so, respect!! I have quite some doubts.^^

Of course, the default aero&transmission kit is not the one for use at Le Mans.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  9. franser

franser Registered

Not me but the aliens may mark those times in le mans, with the standard pack I meant circuits like sebring where a gtlm or real gte car marks times of 1.55 or 1.56 and in rfactor2 it is almost impossible to mark that time my best lap is 2.01. The times marked with gt3 cars are closer to reality. Gte cars need an adjustment soon

10. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Check qualifying results for VEC.

11. Martin Dyrlund

Martin Dyrlund Registered

RSR is able to do about 3:48.1 and M8 about 3:47.1 in qualy trim on LeMans.

12. CrimsonEminence

From which date? (April?) Fully saturated track, night?
    EDIT:
    Seen it.
    It baffles me a bit...well i asked for fully saturated situation though, because i always experience slower times in single player situations in rF2. I was archieving 3:55 times with the porsche, even after making it "drivable". Sub 3:50' is more believeable with the M8, though...seems waay faster.
    Is VEC using stock BoP by S397 or own adjustments?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  13. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Pretty sure its stock, it is after all the official RF2 Series.
    They probably have input into official BOP.
    BTW two Porsche in the top 4 in standings.

14. CrimsonEminence

Okay, good to know...there is definetly a shift in cars performance (without evaluating its meaning), when Aliens reach times 5 tenths slower than the original ones, instead of about 2 seconds under that, like normally for rF2.

I have no clue, how good the track was, because, like stated, the fastest times are archieveable in multiplayer with decent fields and real road rubbering and i have not driven the RSR online on Le Mans yet...an example for me experiencing this increase in laptime was F-Vee on Imola. I was about 2-3 seconds faster in qualy and race in an online event, than offline, similar grid size, saturated track (seems, saturated can be even more saturated). I have no clue, why this happens, it was definetly not learning curve, due to enough practice with this car and track combo before...the same seems to apply to all the series in rF2.
    2:01 is a pretty normal time for GT3 cars in rF2 (perfectly archieveable with something like the 720S without being alien, just put tyre pressure to minimum), GTE should get under 2 minutes on decent track grip, or something is suspicious.

15. JuanP006

JuanP006 Registered

VEC has its own BOP guys. Different from the official one from S397.

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  16. CrimsonEminence

Surprise, surprise :D

17. franser

franser Registered

Can anyone confirm if the GTE are made based on the IMSA or WEC regulation? I personally believe that they are based on the IMSA

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

WEC, clearly. S397 is based on the Continent and 'most' of their contacts seem to be there. However, I would be surprised if they were completely married to one rule book.

19. KCW

KCW Registered

Video of this? Recent one?

20. CrimsonEminence

Look for the VEC Le Mans qualifying from April on YT, you can see the time gaps in the tower.
    But VEC apparently uses different BoP.

Even with the M8, i can't get sub 3:50 (singleplayer). I'm not a full Alien and i suck at Le Mans, but i'm not a Slowpoke either, 3:48 are still f***ing crazy with the RSR and i have high doubts about archieving this time with stock RSR/BoP/behaviour, Le Mans kit and fully saturated track.