Super TC2000

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by memoNo1, Oct 20, 2019.

1. PlanchePotrillo

PlanchePotrillo Registered

Hello, I am writing to you from Argentina, that is how he explains it. The problem started when they made the first ACTC simulator, the manager was a former pilot of the national categories, I do not remember the name (he was not very talented) .. but the company was called 2Pez.
    The question is that they "gave away" the rights, here in Argentina everything is stained ... this boy or the company at the same time sold the rights to Bundle Games that continues to sell and resell the original game (2005/6) based on RF1 , the business is that the license expires every once in a while, you buy it, validate it and at the same time ask for a license again! This is how you do business here in Argentina dear friends ...
    Obviously they never did a single update of seasons, that was done by several modding teams like RFM and some more that I can't remember the name ...
    And now the same thing happens with STC2000, I have no idea who made the mod, I suppose from what little I understood (my English is not good) that the VCR guys were, here the question that STC2000 is not from a person or a company, It is a society of automotive terminals that present their equipment ... that is, I do not understand how it can benefit someone other than the organizers of these tournaments ... what's more, the RF2 platform in Argentina has something of $ 400 accessible within everything ... and the STC2000 mod (registration) costs $ 2500.
    Draw your conclusions .. a shame. Regards.

Raven_ARG, Churrinche and zxd1997 like this.
  2. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

If some modding group wants to make a mod of the Turesmio Carretura ;) I have no problem advising them regarding the legal aspect. I work in the software industry (mostly open source proyects), so I know how to lidiate with this parasites here in Argentina.

Ohh the old 3DGames, what happen Martin S. and Chardon? get a real job if read this. :rolleyes:

Raven_ARG, Raintyre, memoNo1 and 2 others like this.
  3. Alex V.

Alex V. Registered

So, are the rights confined to Argentina/South America or is it a global deal? That could be a way to explore or maybe try to obtain other licenses first and work the way up the food chain. I'd be very interested in joining that adventure!

4. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

It is a shame because I really enjoyed SimuTC, but it is true that it is already too outdated. It would be great to have those cars and some tracks like Rafaela or Paraná and above all the incredible roar of those cars in Rfactor2 ...

Raven_ARG likes this.
  5. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

If you make a mod/track from scratch (don't use a single piece from 2Pez/Bundle Games or other authors without authorization) and use a free license like GPL or CC (specially this) there is no problem to publish the mod which is an artistic expression, that is equat to the free speech, is a constitucional right and is above any law here in Argentina. Now if you want to sell it, it is another deal, you need the contracts, licenses, etc.

6. franser

franser Registered

Yes, you can make a mod without using any file that belongs to them (budle games) and using a fictitious name for the category. There are examples such as reiza that uses fictitious names for their f1 cars, or the guys from modding enduracers who when they built the porsche gt3 cup had to call it Flat 6 for legal issues with the brand

7. Raven_ARG

Raven_ARG Registered

I think that it is not only legal issues, it's something more. I remember back in 2010ish when you could download Argentine car/track mods from sites like rfcentral that were made by independent users.. now they are all taken down by this company which prevents uploading Argentinean content.. forcing you to buy SimuTC or STC2000 in the future if you want to play with those tracks/cars.
    It is not reasonable, and I think they are demotivating local modding to rFactor. Such a shame

Raintyre and Corti like this.
  8. franser

franser Registered

I am also Argentine and I would like to have categories here but it is an abuse, an official studio 397 car with the help of real teams costs $ 350 Argentines and a Super TC2000 car $ 2500 Argentines and we do not compare the quality

9. MHS

MHS Registered

What you're saying is mostly wrong. Mod is not being charged, what is being charged is the subscription to the championship, a championship that has really expensive prizes.

Then, Steam has special prices in Argentina, for example a car that costs 373ARG being bought in Argentina, costs 5USD if you buy it in any other country (that's around 630ARG).
    Now, you're saying each car from S397 costs $350, so ok, let's take that value. The STC2000 mod contains six cars (yes, also made with data and collaboration of the real teams too) and four tracks... 350ARG x 6 + 590ARG x 4 = 4460ARG. Where do you find the STC2000 eSports championship an abuse? I unfortunately think that your problem is paying for Argentinian content, as if it should have to be cheaper for some reason.

I usually try not to answer this kind of messages, but you're probable that same kind of guy that pays 1000USD for a ticket to see Roger Waters, but when an Argentinian band sells their tickets at 200ARG you think they are too expensive... So I had to asnwer this one.

10. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

What about the tracks? Wich track is in the championship?

3377 likes this.
  11. 3377

3377 Registered

From the videos of the YouTube channel "Carburando" which shows a replay of the races, I've seen the following tracks :

Buenos Aires n°8
    Buenos Aires n°9
    San Juan (also called "El Zonda")
    Rosario
    Neuquén
    San Nicolas

And on the AutomodroVirtual channel there is many more!!! :

Alta Gracia
    La Perdrera
    La Plata
    Buenos Aires n°12
    Buenos Aires n°15
    Bahia Blanca
    Viedma
    Conceptión del Uruguay
    Concordia
    9 de Julio
    Termas de Rio Hondo
    ...... and certainly more that I didn't wrote

I'm not sure we will be able to get the tracks.

[Edit : I was wrong for this part concerning the Buenos Aires track, sorry]

The best option we had for the moment for Argentinese tracks is one track modder starting a project on those from scratch. The esport group won't be able to say anything about it if it's from scratch. I doubt they own the tracks present in their competition. Why not start with Buenos Aires (all versions) and Termas de Rio Hondo? I would like to do myself but i don't know how to 3d model.....

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    Raven_ARG and Leonardo Nogueira like this.
  12. MHS

MHS Registered

Why would you think the tracks are ripped? How or why would you think a big company like Carburando/Autosports would publish ripped content? There are contracts nad licenses over all the content they are provided.
    We started negotiations with Reiza back in the day, but then it was decided to create everything from scratch:

I don't really know why I need to be showing proofs to everyone here, but there you go.
    I personally, would like to laser scan all the tracks and create some extreme nice quality assets. Main problem is budget. Argentina is under a deep crisis and all this things need to be paid in american dollars, a currency that's almost impossible to get nowadays in Argentina.
    Trust me that if there's someone willing to create some really high quality content for all Argentinian series, that one is me. But all this processes take a lot of time, negotiations and money. And unfortunately there are more people critisizing than backing us up, as you can probably read in this very forum.

Javier Sandez, pkelly and 3377 like this.
  13. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Did you try to convince those responsible for the TC2000 that there is great interest in this mod? I would be willing to pay for this content. Greetings from Germany mate .

Leonardo Nogueira and MHS like this.
  14. 3377

3377 Registered

First: I was clearly wrong (as you can see I edited my previous comment).
    Second: if you compare automobilista's Adelaide 1988 and Carrera's 1988 tracks, you can see quickly that the 3d models are completely different after a few seconds. I found AutomodroVirtual's version and Automobilista's version very close close. The worse is that the Assetto Corsa version converted/ripped by Labestia85 (and removed for good reasons from RaceDepartment) is more or less the same as AutomodroVirtual's version, and is also looking like Automobilista's version

You clearly proven me wrong here.
    Maybe you didn't have to show proof to everybody... It's my fault and I'm really sorry.... My mistake

Then do your best it is looking very promising.

No matter what you do criticize will be here, in a form or another

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    pkelly and MHS like this.
  15. MHS

MHS Registered

I have been trying to do so for a while. Now we are working on the new 2020 models, so I'm trying to get a better deal for the whole comunity on this 2020 models.

Again showing proofs everything is scratch made, here you have some wip pics of the 2020 cars where you can see our models in quads.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Again please have in mind this is all wip.

I can't really speak for all Autodromo Virtual's content, I can just speak for the job VRC has done. In some tracks' cases we were just hired to port them over to rF2, and in those cases Autodromo Virtual signed documents ensuring they had the rights over that content, then in those cases it's not our concern to check where the content they sent us came from since they assumed full responsability for it.

All that said, I can undertand your concerns since for many years all the content surrounding this series has had a shady background.

16. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Thats awesome mate!
    With feedback from the RL Teams again?:D

zxd1997 likes this.
  17. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

Me too! The argentinian tracks and series are amazing and unique!

zxd1997, Raven_ARG and memoNo1 like this.
  18. Raven_ARG

Raven_ARG Registered

That made the things a bit clearer: the track and the cars my are restricted to that league and you have to pay for it, OK.

But my question about Argentine content in rf1 is still open for all:
    Why and how did Bundlegames had the ability to remove 3rd party mods in the Internet? I think they are not in a league to restrict that kind of content: Like old tc2000 by quitran67, Autódromo Ciudad de Neuquen by ChyvaDesigns track, Autodromo de la pampa by Asterix1, Autodromo general roca by Pigue3D, Autodromo de Rio cuarto by Marcelo Sartori... in rfactorcentral, and I can keep going..

Do they bought all the rights to take down the links to all those creators? Do they know? They made the mods from scratch?

19. Javier Sandez

Javier Sandez Registered

Now the mod and inscription to the tournament has a 50% of discount, the price is $1500 pesos argentinos with the discount.

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

making a mod from scratch does not protect anyone from copyright enforcement. If some organization has purchased the rights to any of the series and tracks mentioned, then they can sweep the internet clean of any image or mod that even remotely resembles the product.