Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1118 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 21, 2020.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Showing to you? You won't see 1118 in the list. Select the opt out.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Most recent content requires the newer builds.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

All those tracks use code that is not in v1109. They just wont work with older versions. dx11, new shaders, i'm sure there are more. probably v1.114 is the lowest version number that would support those tracks.(relying on my foggy memory)

4. Keeper

Keeper Registered

It only works with the new UI for in-game viewing. You have to be viewing from the monitor screen -- not driving -- and select the fullscreen button from there. Then a ticker will be available on the top of the screen if you hover the mouse there, and the overlays will display as set up in the overlay page.

I was wondering why I couldn't get it to work either, so quickly tried the new UI and it does work... though I dislike the new UI.

Hazi likes this.
  5. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Did anyone else lose all their 'saved' controller settings with the new build?

6. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yes someone in a French forum had this issue.

Mark Fuller likes this.
  7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yes, but due to the patch notes I'm now hoping they're remembered as per my earlier post I was having a slight issue with using Joy2Key with RF2.

8. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

Is there any immediate graphical improvement (visual) with older S397 content ie Le mans, sebring, lmp2, gte, gt3?

Obviously this is more foundation laying and all content will need updating to get the most benefit but just wondered if there was any instant gratification :)

9. ilgrillo

ilgrillo Registered

Why not a list of official contents improved? Why?

10. Ralffan

Ralffan Registered

Ok, thank you.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

My controller didn't work, but it's now joy1 instead of joy2 so I reassigned them all. Might not be what you meant.

They haven't changed any of the content. The lighting changes affect everything, though the results will vary because some stuff needs to be done properly and never was. For example my usual test track Mid Ohio looks better despite being old graphically - the sunlight looks better.

12. Marisa

Marisa Registered

I only tested not-Suzuka but the glare issue with pre-DX11 content seems gone.
    After reading the patch notes I was preparing for the worst in regards to old content but even the pre-DX11 things seem to look better now.
    Have to test more content though.

atomed, Balazs Magyar and Mauro like this.
  13. Ariff

Ariff Registered

It will eventually get past the verification part, it just takes a while. I have some of the dlcs tracks, Imola doesnt work after loading, havent tested azure. However I can confirm that some car dlcs dont work, they dont show up in the selection screen, the GTEs dont work except for the M8.

EDIT : maybe try loading the game first on latest build and let everything verify. Then quit the launcher and choose build 1109.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

ariff, new cars and tracks WILL NOT work with 1109. 1109 does not have the code to support those cars with PBR shaders and tracks with newer lighting parameters. You can run 1109 with older cars and tracks, generally those that were available 3 years ago. But all the DLC, both cars and tracks...not gonna happen with 1109

EDIT: I re-read your post. My answer was supposing he meant to use the cars and tracks with the old version. I see you were more on target.....

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  15. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Improvements and Fixes
    • Made a few small improvements to controller rearrangements, making sure we detect a controller regardless of what USB port it plugs into.
    FYI I lost a lot of mine too.

16. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I have now done some tests with the new build and I like the build. The UI is usable and works well in the new version. I only noticed a sporadic behavior when leaving the game, so the UI stays completely white and doesn't seem to go back to the start. The graphic changes and the colors still look a bit strange from time to time, but I can imagine where it should go and that seems to be the right direction.
    What I can't get is the overlays outside the game. I use this URL:

http://localhost:5397/overlays/controlpanel.html

But I only see a white page, I can also see that the port of RF2 is used, but I don't see any content. Has anyone been able to test this successfully?

17. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

When you say "outside the game", do you mean when it's not running. Works fine for me in game using that IP.

18. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Sorry for the Bad English. I mean the Game is Running and i start a browser on the same PC with this URL. From a Different PC are the same Issue (i use the IP in the URL from the PC that runs the Game)

19. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Strange, working for me....Need some experts in here...

20. Keeper

Keeper Registered

Make sure to refresh the page once you are spectating in full-screen view.