Hello, I need advice

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by LakeshaTurner, May 23, 2020.

1. LakeshaTurner

LakeshaTurner Registered

Hello

Hi, I'm new, and I have no knowledge of computer hardware, so can someone help me to build a computer ? buget is ~$3k, can use second hand.

And one morething, i see many Logitech G25 racing wheel sellers on ebay, so are they reliable or not? Anyone with experience on this can advise me.

Thanks for support.

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

To give advices to build a new computer is too much responsibility for me. :)
    But i would suggest to NOT to buy a used wheel from somebody that you don't know.
    And the G25 is old and not the best choice anyway.

LakeshaTurner likes this.
  3. Binny

Binny Guest

i7, 16 gig good ram min, 1080 ti, SSD, cooling............. as for logitech nothing wrong with them, just that most ppl now go to fanatec, thrustmaster to get a load cell brake which in sim racing is a must as it helps more than most other upgrades in sim racing. good luck see you on track soon.

LakeshaTurner and Mark Lloyd like this.
  4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I would look for a G27. Its much better as the G25.

LakeshaTurner and Mark Lloyd like this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@LakeshaTurner part of any question like this is, is your budget a one-off or is that what you're willing to spend now and you can upgrade later?

Because right now you don't need an i7, a recent i5 is plenty unless you're going to go VR (and I doubt you are, at this point), 16GB ram is all you need, an 8 or 11GB video card definitely recommended and 1080 equivalent level will suffice for a single screen. A G27 equivalent (which might be G29/920) is plenty good enough for now and you definitely don't need a loadcell, as nice as they are.

The point is you can get a PC to race with right now for relatively cheap and have more left over for later when you may need to upgrade (VR or just game progression, new wheel/pedals) once you're actually hooked and are going to keep going. It's easy to spend a lot now for good level performance and equipment and then 6 months later you hardly play it and sell it off for a massive loss.

If you get 6-12 months in and you're crazy about it and near the front of fields and wanting to enhance your experience or maximise your competitiveness then you can spring for VR or triple screens, PC upgrade to run it, good belt or DD wheel and loadcell/hall sensor pedals and keep going.

So it really depends when you're at (are you new to simracing, have you tried at friend's houses and are hooked, etc) and where you want to start.

I wouldn't really recommend a second hand logitech wheel unless you're into pulling stuff apart when needed.

6. Emery

Emery Registered

The wheel will likely still work, but the pedals and shifter are going to be worn out. Same for used G27 and G29, which are only 8-11 years old instead of being as much as 13 years old. All of the Logitech G-series wheels are going to feel not so good in rF2 compared to a belt-drive wheel that you'd get with Thrustmaster.

7. likes_simracing

likes_simracing Registered

$3k should get you to a very good start. I bought an off-the-shelf more than good enough PC from a common retailer a year ago. Ryzen7, 16Mb, 2070RTX, SSD+HD, for ~$1.5k. I bought a T300RS for ~$300. I have a 27' 1080p monitor, so you can maybe add $200 to that total. I had a headphone lying around, nothing fancy.

I can run good sim games (rF2, AC) at ultra levels with very high FPS. I can see this machine extending for a good 2-3 more years at least. Very happy with my setup. Fanatec is out of my budget reach. The Thrustmaster is more than satisfactory for me.

8. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

At 3K USD you'll do very well.

I think the challenge right now is availability. Lots of "out of stock" on Newegg right now for components. I don't recommend always purchasing from Newegg but it's a great place to see what is out there. It's been almost 10 years since my last build so I'm relearning as well.

Edit: I'm finding Jayztwocents and Newegg on YouTube to be great learning resources.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  9. LakeshaTurner

LakeshaTurner Registered

6 Reasons to Buy a Must-Have Handheld Vacuum Cleaner

In the current modern lifestyle, bulky and heavy vacuum cleaners are no longer ideal for many cleaning tasks. Now there are many technology improvements and innovative advantages that make a handheld vacuum cleaner the perfect option to have in your cleaning arsenal. Let’s go over the 6 reasons why users say handheld vacuum cleaners are one of the best vacuum cleaners today!

Find More Info: Best vacuum cleaner for home

1. Perfect compact size

Most handy vacuum cleaners are smaller than normal vacuums. Some models are designed to mostly fit in your storage space like a shelf or corner of a wall or a laundry room. The compact size not only makes them easy to clean difficult-to-reach spaces but also flexible in conveniently cleaning any random places you want to keep free from dust and dirt.

2. Easy to carry

[​IMG]

While some traditional vacuum cleaner models weight more than ten pounds, many handheld vacuum cleaner models weigh less than a half. It obviously shows that the handheld models are so lightweight that we can carry the machine around the house for some quick vacuuming with less risk injury. This is particularly convenient for elderly or young users. The type of handle is suitable for holding whether you are a left-handed or right-handed user.

3. Easy to use

A handheld vacuum is a great way to help your kids develop their cleaning skills from an early age. It’s perfectly compact and lightweight and incredibly easy to use around the living spaces. Its control panel is simple to use. Now that people of all ages use many different electric devices, everyone in your household will be able to use the handheld vacuum with ease.

Read More: Best vacuum cleaners on the market

4. Ideal for quick cleanups

There are many kinds of messes but if you just need to clean a small area, using a handheld vacuum cleaner is a perfect choice, especially for pet hair. It only takes a few minutes to complete with a good vacuum cleaner .

5. Certainly helpful

[​IMG]

Have you ever dropped a tiny item in a place you can’t reach? You just need a handheld vacuum and a pantyhose to resolve this common problem. Test the technique by putting an earring on the corner side of the couch. You need to stretch the pantyhose over the nozzle, turn the vacuum on, and run it over the area where you dropped the earring. The vacuum will pick it up, the pantyhose keeps it from being sucked into the machine. So, you will easily find it, that’s good life hack, right? Also, besides rescuing lost items, handheld vacuum cleaners can clean pet hair up and reduce the chance of infection from asthma and allergies. It can also remove dust or dirt easily from carpets, pillows, hard floors, and even clean the car seats and carpet with ease.

6. Affordable

Despite the high-tech and its value, handheld vacuum cleaners are generally affordable. The price will depend on brand, features and quality, they cost approximately $50-$75 on average. Most pet owners want to purchase one of the handy models to help keep their pet’s favorite areas clean.

For anyone who spends much time on house chores, a handheld vacuum cleaner is a must have to save time in cleaning and reduce stress by removing messes quickly. It’s considered one of the best essential appliances in most homes. Let’s hunt for Best Rated Vacuum Cleaner so you can make your choice immediately!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024