[REL] Next Gen Mod Team - BTCC NGTC Touring

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by WSVR, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

Nice work guys!! (the feeling of the ffb of traction is too pronounced feeling of lightness on acceleration I find!)

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    MaitreGonzo likes this.
  2. Ralph_Raccoon

Ralph_Raccoon Registered

Thanks for updating the cars to the PBR system. looks really nice. Otherwise i´d like to ask if there will maybe a possibility to do 2 upgradeversions in the tuning menu, so there will be the choice between the old physics and ffb and the new ones?

MaitreGonzo likes this.
  3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thank you, appreciate your hard work but for some strange reasonI have the same issue as always, all car engine sounds are the ones from the Clio :( Have uninstallled many times (both mods) and always same clio sounds. Any ideas how I can fix this?

4. svictor

svictor Registered

Maybe check if there is any .MAS files in any of the following root folders:
    rFactor 2\Bin64
    rFactor 2\Bin32
    rFactor 2\Core
    rFactor 2\Launcher

If found any, remove them should fix the problem. Sometimes if a mod package was installed or packaged in a wrong way, .MAS files can end up in wrong folder, and causing weird problems.

B1K3R and Corti like this.
  5. Desesseints

Desesseints Registered

I think so. FWD cars have a strange FFB feeling. That feeling was also in previous version of the mod. I'm using a G27. I don't know if that happens with any other wheels.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I have checked and there are no mas files in these root folders..

7. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

@WSVR Hi, this mod has been my prefered one in rFactor2 for almost 4 years now, some things are wierd on this new version, hope you consider my feedback...

I prefer the FWD cars, raced a lot with the Chevrolet Cruze, now i'm using de Vauxhall Astra, in general the car is more unstable now ...

- Initially i felt the wing settings almost useless, cause the cars spins on corner entry in fast corners, the only usable wings are +5 e +6. So i changed everything in the setup to make more understeer on corner entry, in the end i found that you need to use maximum coast and preload plus a lot of rear toe in (2.0+) to be driveable with wing +4. So, why all these wing options if we can't use?

- Soft tires overheating: Oulton park island, one fast lap is ok, in the second, the car seems to have no grip, too much understeer in corner exit, was it designed to be like this? I know that in real life some drivers do the race with soft tires, these tires are wearing less but overheating more, making undriveable for more than 2 laps, what's the intention here?

- Too easy to flip over: Oulton park again, car is kicking a lot more on kerbs, i managed to flip over in the first kerb of druids, my friend fliped 2 times in hislop's, we had to use the lowest values in fast dampers to avoid this kind of problem, making no sense at all to me.

- FFB is over exaggerated in my opinion, for G27 wheel, all cars needs around 0.70 and 0.80 of FFB and 5% of minimal force to not saturate, but i had to use 0.60 and minimum force to 2%, it's cool to have more details of the road surface, but the force is too brute now easily saturating the FFB in my opinion.

- Rear ARB values, another detail that's stranger, we always use higher values one the rear than the front, to make the car turn better in mid corner, now with these new values we can't make any logical relation beetween front and rear.

- Grille tape always was useless in this mod, a long time ago was changeable too, but the water temperature never gets higher than 80 Celsius, can you fix this?

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Corti and Sebastien Sestacq like this.
  8. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

This awesome mod with the new Berlin track for the Formula E, an awesome combo. :cool:

WSVR likes this.
  9. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Thanks for your feedback ebeninca. Taken the time to read over what you've said, as it's a fair amount of info/questions.

· The rear wing has more options because the series allows a range settings to suit the demands of different tracks. If you to Thruxton, the BTCC teams tend to trim the cars out as much as possible. If you look at these videos, the FWD are setup to be loose so they don’t have understeer and can slide the car into the corners. We’ve still got high range downforce options, so if you’re struggling to race at a low setting then we’d advise upping the downforce. Even at 4 deg, you have a lot more options to go up so it's still pretty lean. It’s much like running and Indy 500 aero package for a road course. These videos below show how loose they can be at high speed and how much they fight the cars into the corners. They're not perfectly balanced or planted, the drivers clearly have to work to exact all the performance out of it.

· The intention was the BTCC teams do not wrap their tyres in blankets, so they are very, very cold out of the pits. The lap or situation you’ve described sounds like you’ve pushed super hard on them straight away without building any core temps, so the tyre structure has maybe worn through and given up. If you ease the temps into the tyres, they will react more positively and last better. In real life, the teams go out for two laps, then box and switch the fronts to the rears and the other way for quali. This allows them to have more grip on the rear quicker than doing lap after lap, but also shows the struggle they have in gaining rear grip straight away. We’ve also found these new tyres being much more controlling in tyre wear and temps, the last version we had did not control the heat well at all. The aim was to have tyres that worked better over a race distance and simulated better qualities to real life, with one issue being the old tyres wore too quickly and they also gained too much temperature too fast. We believe these ones, while being a challenge, provide realism in the sense they don't wear as fast but require steady input to gain the temperature in the tyres.

· Too easy to flip over.
    Flipping is and can be an issue at certain tracks, and we're trying to improve this. It's not escaped our team, but we've noticed improves at tyres we go too. We're aware rF2 is not as found of FWD physics as it is RWD. Equally worth noting that other games outside of rF2, and even other FWD rF2 mods, show signs/tendency to flip on certain kerbs, so may be a gaming physics issue.

· FFB.
    From reading, it sounds like a preference on FFB rather than a lack of FFB? We’ll have a look, but the option to tune/detune FFB is provided by the game. If the FFB is too strong for your equipment or liking, then yes, we’d recommend using the settings provided by the game. The opinion on FFB is one we cannot make everyone happy with. We’ve forever getting people liking it or disliking it, saying it’s too light or too heavy. It’s definitely got more detail now, but we can’t edit everyone’s profile settings to set it up perfectly for their liking. I think we’d be more worried if there wasn’t enough detail. If there’s too much then we'd argue it’s up to the end user to dial it down to their personal preference.

· Rear ARB values, another detail that's stranger, we always use higher values one the rear than the front, to make the car turn better in mid corner, now with these new values we can't make any logical relation beetween front and rear.
    Not sure why you can't continue with higher rear ARB values than front since you still can in v0.99? Are you more upset that the ARB have changed slightly? The rear ARB can still be higher than the front, so not sure the meaning behind this message.
    We're still looking at suspension stuff, as we believe we can perhaps fix the flipping along with improving driving feels/realism aspect.

· Grill tape
    Are you running in traffic or clean air? How many laps? A bit of detail would help here. We notice a rise in traffic, but in general overheating isn't a massive issue in BTCC due to the mileage the engines do. The engines fail but the failure being down to overheating is quite rare.

Happy to take any further questions if you'd like :)

Emery, The Iron Wolf, pkelly and 3 others like this.
  10. Ralph_Raccoon

Ralph_Raccoon Registered

I don´t know, if this would work, But is it possible, to offer the old and the new physics and ffb as upgrades in the tuning menu? Or at least the old FFB parameters?

11. Alan.RJ.Smith92

Alan.RJ.Smith92 Registered

upload_2020-5-25_15-59-27.png
    Mild onboard camera issue is the only problem I've seen with the ford so far. Never noticed it until now

12. Trebor901

Trebor901 Registered

I think people under estimate BTCC's NGTC cars. They are VERY lively things. Laps of thruxton are perfect to prove this they move around constantly out the back of the circuit.

GeraArg likes this.
  13. Desesseints

Desesseints Registered

The main problem with the FFB is not that it's heavy or not. Setting a 0,60 - 0'65 FFB ingame force for FWD gives a better result. The main problem i have is as i have said before a strange feeling. I don't know how to explain it, in mid turn the FFB becomes light but then the cars get some traction and then comes a huge amount of FFB, i don't know how to tell it in english words. :D

For example, the Honda Civic, with same ingame FFB values, has the same effect but much less pronounced.

14. 006

006 Registered

Thanks for your continued work, had a VERY brief test (less than 10 laps) but it felt great.

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Why all cars have the Same sound?
    They sound like the Clio or Civic...strange..

16. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Oh, I thought it was a sound bug in my side...o_O

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

How to fix it?
    I like the mod( it takes some laps adapt to driving FWD ) but thisbug killing it completely!

18. Trebor901

Trebor901 Registered

Its not a bug. Its just the sounds the mod uses and always has. The Subaru uses BMW sounds. Dont see how it bothers people so much. I never noticed until i read it on here as the Astra, Mercedes and MG all sound like touring cars.

19. Alan.RJ.Smith92

Alan.RJ.Smith92 Registered

The thing is all those cars, the MG, Mercedes, Vauxhall, they all use the TOCA Swindon engine, and tbf they sound pretty much all the same. The Civics use a Neil Brown engine and the sound files for that are spread through almost all the cars, so technically the sounds are "wrong" but the old civic really didn't sound that different to every other car. The Subaru is the only other car that has a different engine using a Subaru Boxer Swindon engine rather than the TOCA i4 base. Overall the sound design is pretty good.

WSVR likes this.
  20. WSVR

WSVR Registered

Nailed it on the head, thanks ;)

Subaru has boxer effects because it's engine is different configuration, so it sounds dramatically different to others in real life too. But we've made small changes to the FWD sounds to improve the experience. Nothing major, but felt it improved on the basic of the Civic.

Churrinche, VirusGR42 and pkelly like this.