45-AI limit on dedicated server

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by BeefyPeeg, May 7, 2020.

1. BeefyPeeg

BeefyPeeg Registered

Is there any way to allow more than 45 AI when hosting a dedicated server? I found a thread instructing to change the "lessen restrictions" line in the multiplayer.json file to "true," ad changed the line accordingly. The race config screen allows me to adjust the slider to well beyond 45. However, when entering the server, I still have only 44 AI drivers.

Attached Files:

2. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

I've always wondered why have any AI on a server, it pretty much defeats the purpose of Multiplayer.

3. BeefyPeeg

BeefyPeeg Registered

I would imagine it would be a solution to races with fewer participants, in order to have a more full field.

I'm not actually setting up a dedicated for multiplayer purposes though. My intent is to alleviate some of the strain on my CPU when running larger fields of cars (30 and up) at tracks like Le Sarthe and Nurburgring. I've already noticed an enormous improvement with the official version of the Nurburgring and a grid of 44 AI. Without using the dedicated server, I couldn't run more than 23 or so AI without massive stuttering from a pegged CPU.

I'm as happy as ever that I can run 44 this well, but really would like to fill the grid at Nurburgring (I guess you could say I'm being a tad greedy). :)

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

To get more AI into a dedicated server or race event / series, in the rfm file, edit the line
    Max Opponents = 44
    which is the default entry in the default.rfm, to, for example,
    Max Opponents = 103
    (i guess 103 is the max senseful number)
    before you package the rfmod file.