Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Patrick Ligman

Patrick Ligman Registered

Hey...Another track that has some insane AI is Belgium 1966 (Spa from Steam Workshop V2.0). I was trying the F1 Legends cars with aggression at around 20% and they were flying off the track into the trees and into me. It was very spectacular, but incredibly stupid.
    Something to look at in your spare time.

2. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Yeah I've been asked about this a couple of times now, I'll have to get stuck into it.

3. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

atomed and Mauro like this.
  4. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I think this is a mod related problem. Noticed the same at Sergio Loro´s excellent Sandvoerde. Old formula cars from S397 did a clean race there, the F1 Legends drove sometimes like mad.

5. Patrick Ligman

Ok . I will try other mods and see what happens. I don't have a deep understanding of how the AI is controlled in rFactor2. I thought the track set the AI parameters, or is that only partially true? Does the mod also contribute to the AI characteristics?

6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I dont know exactly. I think the biggest impact is the talent file/.rcd file of skins. There are some values that have impact on the ai characteristics.

Aggression = 97.0
    Composure = 99.0
    Speed = 97.0
    QualifySpeed = 94.0
    WetSpeed = 93.0
    StartSkill = 100.0
    Crash = 0.0
    Recovery = 100.0
    CompletedLaps = 100.0
    MinRacingSkill = 94.0

atomed likes this.
  7. Patrick Ligman

You are right about the Fi Legends mod. I ran a few laps of Spa 1966 with the 1954 Endurance Mod and the AI drivers were absolute gentlemen. They braked correctly, stayed on the track and didn't drive like maniacs but they were still as fast or faster than me, and passed without ramming into me. So probably the track AIW is ok?
    Those settings that you mention that are attached to the skin file, are they editable?
    I am actually learning something here. Thanks for your help.

8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I am no expert but if its a talent file for the complete mod then things go complicate. You have to look for and edit the .rcd file in one of the xxx.mas files. Edits in .mas files make them and the complete mod unusable because of synchonizing with Steam Workshop. So you have to repack them and the complete mod. Mark´s video could be helpful:

atomed likes this.
  9. Patrick Ligman

Thanks. I will have a look for these files and see what happens. It cannot make the mod AI any worse than they already are.

10. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Hm, i quick tried the Legends mod again at Historic Spa (they dont like the hayballs at Eau Rouge), Silverstone 1975 and Sandvoerde 1965. Could not say it was much worse than with Brabham BT20...

11. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

atomed likes this.
  12. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Hi mate, on my list currently being worked on:
    Lienz new layout
    Ahvenisto
    Kyalami
    That I can talk about currently, couple I can't. I also have confirmation that Nibiru is working on adding my AIW to his Bathurst V3.
    I'll add Sentul and see if I can make contact with the author once I have something decent.

buzz hornet and atomed like this.
  13. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

oh, which mod is this? The Historic?

14. MarkJames

MarkJames Registered

Hi, sorry for the slow reply. I thought I was using your latest version, but I reinstalled it and played around with a range of vehicles and I think the problem I identified was overstated. I ran races with the AI at around 105% and Aggression at 30% using the EVE F3, F2 and F1, and the Brabham BT44 and Mclaren M23. Good clean racing with all cars with the exception of the EVE F3 that would occasionally bounce off the chicane curbs (but not often enough to ruin the race). All in all, the new AIW file you have built provides a great racing experience with the older low-aero cars. Sincere apologies for having cast doubt on the quality of your work in my earlier post.
    Now if only someone could work the same AIW magic on the Castle Combe Classic track (EVE F3s drifting off track during a race)...

15. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Thanks for your reply. It´s not my work. The AIW is from Senormen, i did only a few adjustments.

I will have a look at Castle Combe and Eve F3. Did some days ago a race with the Megane, no problems.

Mauro likes this.
  16. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2020
  17. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Seems to affect only the Eve´s (tried F2 and F3), other cars work well (Spark F3, TCR, March 761)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Mauro

Mauro Registered

i think you have to ask to the modder @DA-DIGGA for that hole problem

Manfredk2 likes this.
  19. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Hi everyone, just a quick update, @Heikki21 has a new version from me for Ahvenisto that he is testing, there will be more tweaks for this soon. I have a new version of Bathurst back from @Nibiru that needs further work so I will be looking at this tonight.

bears likes this.
  20. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Not ignoring you mate, I am starting work on this tonight so I'll let you know as soon as I do.

Manfredk2 and buzz hornet like this.