Released NEW - Zandvoort 2020 GP

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 3, 2020.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Dipping up the hill with GPL was my first real experience of using suspension to help turn the car. LOVED that track version.

2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

It isn't the setup, trust me, I managed to get the fronts overheaten :p

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

@Christopher Elliott
    Setup in the attachment, available for everyone. Nothing special. A bit less turny under low throttle inputs, more stable, but it will still get more nervous after 2-3 laps because of the car and tyre degradation/heat (also tried to keep it under control). I hope, its not too hastily cobbled together.

My PB with this was 1:38.710 (30L Fuel) right now, i think somebody, who is faster will probably prefer a tad more turn in, but this is no hotlap competition. :D

It should compensate a bit for the crazy lose rear after mentioned lapcount and gives a bit more overall calm behaviour, especially when the tyres get a lot of punishment.

I've chosen Megane 2013 default configuration, no changes in showroom options.
    --------------
    Btw., the driving experience on this track is amazing. It screams alpha all over the place, but it's actually the better Zandvoort (in general terms) now IMO. :D

I know, it's the tyre. But i've tried a bit to counteract this over more than 3 laps :)
    EDIT:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    Remco Majoor likes this.
  4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Rear tires overheating mean its your right foot ;) when fronts is going too fast into the turn. Over driving it less gave me better lap times and tires stayed well within temperature ranges.

I'm the car in front, and I'm definitely pushing, and the car is still moving around. Yet my tires weren't overheating. It's all about finding the balance in your driving.

Of course you could change the setup so you will have less of a problem with it, but the setup isn't necessarily the problem.

5. CrimsonEminence

Thanks for the excourse, what are your laptimes?^^

6. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

1:36.6

7. CrimsonEminence

Nice.^^ On green track?
    Edit: I get to 1:37.9 consistently with saturated preset. But no chance for 1:36 range o_O

Not everyone is archieving this 1:36 time and a default shouldn't be turny as hell and nervous over bumps. It's true that the right foot has to be sensitive, but right now in a session, there was no way, hitting this time at all. (3 cars on track)

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  8. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

That was yesterday on the official server. Just set a time now, with race pace 38.0 on pretty much a green track. Did have an instance where I drifted the entire scheivlak. But that was simply half a lap driving a little bit slower (still stayed in the 38's including that drift) and tires were back in the right temps.

9. CrimsonEminence

I don't know. My PB on green track was a 1:38.710, like mentioned, surface temps were also okay, fluctuations in surface temps are normal, though. Seems, like i just don't get along with this car. It's like with open wheelers in rF2, i just can't stand them...you have to baby it in this sim. (at least to keep the tyres alive)

Remco Majoor likes this.
  10. kmw

kmw Registered

Sorry to report, I hit a bug after just a few laps in a Ferrari 458. As I approached the final banked curve, the car seemed to hit an invisible ramp on the left kerb and launched me into the air. (counting from the start of that row of kerbing, it is around the 19th red block):
    I hope that is of help to devs.

I am ok btw, got away with light scratches after the rollover that followed these pictures, but I can't say the same for the Ferrari. It was pretty badly beaten.
    Isn't it fantastic to 'own' all these cars but not have the cost of repair afterwards! ;)

Attached Files:

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Seems like the kerbs generally are prone to collision issues. With converted tracks it's usually mismatched verts.

12. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Did my first laps here on the public server in the Tatuus. Got quite lost on the club version so drove the GP circuit in a car I've been meaning to revisit, The Formula Renault 3.5.
    Great fun. It's a bit of a "scramble". Bit of motorcross. Like you put Hungaroring, Monza with banking and a touch of Monaco in a blender. It's unique.
    Today I will be back!
    Need to take the challenge of the Megane too!

13. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

Is there a challenge? Where to join? :D

14. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Had some fun yesterday including a race with 2 of us!
    Yet to get below 1:40s though.
    Personally I didn't find the set oversteery. I got heat in both ends depending on what I did.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  15. Akira Iwata

Akira Iwata Registered

I think there is a bug in the last sector.
    I drove an f1 mod and I jumped twice in two laps.

16. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

DRS on full track?? Congratulation.
    This is an Formula 1 circuit.

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Which is exactly how they run in certain sessions. Lets call it a qualifying track. We all should know this is a very early version, I assume it was rushed out to meet the timeframe of when the Dutch GP was supposed to run. It was stated they plan to update the track repeatedly as the onsite building continues. We have identified close to a half dozen issues with this current track. Add DRS to the list.

David O'Reilly likes this.
  18. Ariff

Ariff Registered

DRS everywhere was only in F1 until 2012 I think. 2013 and onwards had DRS only in DRS zones.

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I figured I was on shakey ground there. :)

20. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Laughed out loud. :p:p

ADSTA likes this.