CS-closed GT Challenge Series S1

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

good morning, we are going to stop today with sebring gentlemen;)

2. Alejandro López Arjona

Alejandro López Arjona Registered

Oh Jimmy... come on, DT for braking late and having a minor contact in T1 and racing incident for someone who pushed me off the track with throttle at 100% position?

Ok, today I will leave 100 metters of distance to the other cars before braking. No show from me today. And next time, if someone pushes me off the track, with my deepest sorrow I won't lift off.

Happy racing today.

Regards.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  3. It's Jimmi, but sure lets go down that route Lopes.
    Just read the rules and follow them, then there wont be these issues, you had NO chance of pulling that off.

Adrian Blasco likes this.
  4. Alejandro López Arjona

Alejandro López Arjona Registered

My mistake, I thought it was with an "y", sorry.
    I respect the stewards decission as always but I have a different opinion because I had my car at the side of the other and I just braked more late than expected, but because we were side by side, I think the other car could also avoid it as it was not a divebomb.

Well, anyway I won't change any opinion so I will just focus on driving.

Regards.

5. Heiko Kolvenbach

Heiko Kolvenbach Registered

i will not race today.

Pauli Ahonen likes this.
  6. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

Count me out for Le Mans on the 18th.

7. Tonnie Jansen

Tonnie Jansen Registered

what are we gonna do the last race, because there where only 10 drivers in S3. Now yoeri stops. it will be 9!!

8. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

It was 11. ;) Still not even remotely a respectable amount of participants. To be sure, we were already down to nearly 20 by round 2. Round 4 had 16 men. Round 5 11. Do the math. :D

9. Tonnie Jansen

Tonnie Jansen Registered

is that the reason to stop also? commitment, when you start at something, then finish it!!

10. Tonnie Jansen

Tonnie Jansen Registered

this concerns also other drivers, by the way

11. Yeah it's a shame that people drop out, it's understandable when things happens. But I doubt its that many. participation is noted. We can't really join 2 splits, because of points etc. So you just have to live with this last race.

12. Alejandro Diaz Reina

Alejandro Diaz Reina Registered

Its a shame to see that grid so lonely... responsability and commitment guys, this is not a fun race of three friends, this is the FIRST official champ of rF2, and we act like this??
    Please, consider this for next season, only 1 drop race for every one, if you cant fit that, please, dont sign up...
    As Jimmy said, I doubt that many people having problems to participate at the same time....

13. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

Well, if you must know, the prospect of driving with like 6 opponents on a track like Le Mans is merely the last drop for me. I've definitely lacked commitment to this series, practicing too litte and driving too many other series and cars as well. Pair that with questionable driving standards (I've being quite careless since from VIR on myself as well, to be fair) less participants every round, deteriorating rFactor 2 performance on my PC and a lack of enjoyable on-track experiences: not a pretty perspective.

To be sure, I stomached those and showed up at VIR, Imola and Sebring despite them, seeing the possibility of fun in each of the events and having had a preparation of some kind, but neither I nor the events delivered. I enjoyed the sprintrace at Silverstone and the feature race at Nürburgring and the rest was just disappointing for one reason or the other.

I might show up anyway, just to finish it, but right now I'm just not feeling it. We'll see.

By the way, I believe making 4 or 5 rounds was a participation requirement, though I can't remember where I read that.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Remco Majoor likes this.
  14. Alejandro Diaz Reina

Alejandro Diaz Reina Registered

One question. The results have been updated after today's race, no?
    I think the maths on total column on Split2 is not right.
    In my case I think it should be 406 points.
    50+50+50+50+75+14+14+18+20+12+23+7+23.
    Am I missing something?

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You could open the field up to us normal folks, on a first come first served basis. That way the field would grow and these ALIENS would have to deal with land-lubbers like me-self. muhahhahhhah.

ADSTA likes this.
  16. Nico Barclay

Nico Barclay Registered

17. Tonnie Jansen

Tonnie Jansen Registered

i can live with that, but what is see is that people from a higher split, who fall down to the third split, don;t race anymore. Mayby that's why there are so little drivers left on the end of the season in split 3.
    mayby another system in next season?

18. Georgi Nedev

Georgi Nedev Registered

Thanks for yesterday, was enjoyable to race in Split 1.
    @Miguel de los Rios nice battle mate.
    See you at LeMans

Miguel de los Rios likes this.
  19. That's just how people behave, you can't really force drivers to stay racing - when they perhaps realize they dont have the speed over a race distance etc. Only thing we can do is note it down and perhaps not allow them in if this becomes a trend of theirs. They wont get invited into something else thats for sure.

Adrian Blasco and lagg like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.