POTATO (Pickup & Play public server)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul McC, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Yes mate, its up, just checked!

2. atomed

atomed Member

Damn, I'm doing something wrong.

Paul McC likes this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you sort by name it's at the start of the S names.

Paul McC and atomed like this.
  4. atomed

atomed Member

Thanks, I made it. What a blast, the M23 at Silverstone, had a great time, thanks for the server

Paul McC likes this.
  5. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Well folks, its 1:45 am and ive just finally shut down the server... Its been 13:45 hrs with the odd bit of downtime to adjust settings.

I have to say, best day yet! Day no.4, reached more numbers today, infact every day we've increased by drivers on the server at one given time, from what ive seen, cause I can't be there all the time. I'm way too tired and after a couple of beers on a Saturday night, ready for bed, to reply to all your comments and explain the day, but just to say. THANKYOU! I will get back to you, It's been an amazing day! Cheers to all who joined today, and everyone i raced with when i got the time, today has been the reason i love this sim and the community. Have met people from all over on the server today and real life karting champs, the lot, and I fecking love this little beastie of a car we've all been thrashing around in.

Anyway.. Goodnight. Thankyou all!

6. Corti

Corti Registered

bravo!!

Paul McC and Karsten Hvidberg like this.
  7. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Thank you so much mate, really appreciate it! Tatuus is definitely a good idea I like the little lower powered ones. I absolutely love the M23 but would be nice to slow down a bit cause feck me they exhaust you, they are so mental! :)

atomed likes this.
  8. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

P.S. was also thinking Nissan GTR or 350z

atomed likes this.
  9. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I'd happily run one for them, did take about half a day to get this particular one set up due to most of the time you have to repack it twice cause its kinda busted, like the replay system, you gotta load every replay twice. Hopefully fixed in the next update. If I had the means I'd run a few 24/7 servers, one for practice, one for races, one for Paid DLC & one with mods

10. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Thank you very much mate! You are right about the cars, I've been thinking about using the Nissan GTR for next, U Daniel also .entio ed Tatuus, and talking of original content, has anyone tried the little Panoz Roadster? It quite lovely! And if you drive it round historic Monaco it's just the perfect match, hmmm, server combo idea brewing!

11. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

yes mate, not up yet, will post v soon when started

12. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Cheers mate!

13. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Right so, hello & happy Sunday!

Yesterday was great, we are getting busier every day, have now advertised on the RF2 Discord channel as well so hopefully we'll see even more players.

Now before I start the server today, what is people's general concenous on rain? Because I've had a couple of moments where it just started to rain I suddenly get a volley of ' oh no not rain,,' type comments in the chat and over half the field just leaves? And im talking about just a v quick light sprinkle that lasts a couple of minutes and hardly even gets the track very wet.
    I wonder sometimes if folks forget there are wet tyres available, bit I also understand that these beasties are ridiculously powerful especially in the wet. However then some folk say how fun they are on the wet.
    So what do we do, I've lowered the chance of rain alot since starting this, and there are absolutely no storm slots in the weather for any track now, like there was on Sao Paulo, cause if you set rain to a low percentage on a storm slot it may not rain, but if it does it comes down in buckets!

atomed likes this.
  14. Comante

Comante Registered

I would not bother with rain in 10 minutes races, mostly because this will usually be enough to force AI to pit.

15. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Right so before I start up today, are we scrapping rain?

16. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

So ok, there's big news! S397 have released an updated version of Zandvoort and seems they've updated the formula ISI cars aswell, but not only that, I just found out on Discord they are running they're own public open server today with this track and car combo! They are actually running they're own public server, open to all!

Anyone rememeber this post from just a few days ago from
    Karsten Hvidberg
    "I wonder how we can get word out to rf2 players to come join here.

(I also wonder why s397 did never do this with at least just 1 server, open for all...)"

Funny that in'it! I only posted the ad on their Discord channel yesterday, got flamed for spamming! The track gets released today but with no mention of the public server anywhere in the new's update, which makes me think this was not planned until today.

Now im not saying we did' but maybe, just maybe, someone from S397 has seen this thread and what we've been doing and thought it might be a good idea. Like I said maybe not, but nice thought hey!

So The question is do i bother running the server at all today? I'll have to reconfigure to include the new 2020 Zandvoort, and scrap the rain, but im thinking everyones gunna be in the S397 2020 Zandvoort server. They are running with fuel consumption off 5 Lap race's and less than 10 mins quali and practice. Very similar format to this really. Thre's like 23 people in there already.

So what do you think, I don't wanna dissapoint anyone, but then again you very well might wanna go and try that server out for yourselves, im having a look in there myself right now.

Tell me what you think?

17. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Not sure what that was about. Perhaps you needed to mention pizza more?

You've done a great service to the community already Paul, so why not give both yourself and your potato a rest for today?

18. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Love ya mate! Yeah i could do with a break, but ive re-configured the server anyway just incase folks who are not following the news can still find it, they may be wondering where it is seeing as I said i'd be running today, and not everyone reads these forum. I'll let them know about the new S397 server when im in there.

Mine still has the same server name, but is now running with no rain, and only has the new 2020 Zandvoort track on it. Also instead of 15 mins Quali & 10 mins race it is now 10 mins Practice, 5 mins Quali & 10 mins race. This is to see if i can get the user auto save real road working properly so the track wears in though out the day, which it was not doing by leaving out practice, at least thats what i think. I'll know by the end of the day.

Cheers! This s a good day!

atomed and Karsten Hvidberg like this.
  19. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Registered

If s397 only run it for one day I honestly don't understand why they would not just promote yours instead... Seems it would be win for them, win for you, win for the rest as we would get more days...

But awesome! they released the new version today, see you later!

datasting, atomed and Paul McC like this.
  20. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Yeah man, scratchy backy both ways, it could all be so positive, or if they just ran 1 permanent public server! Just love there to be at least one server you could always join for a casual race with lots of drivers. Been speaking to them on Discord, but they said its not a priority, the channel has lots of sheduled races though, im gunna check them out

atomed and Karsten Hvidberg like this.