POTATO (Pickup & Play public server)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul McC, Apr 29, 2020.

1. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

It's a G25. It didn't look like that for too long. I would have built my first cockpit soon after that pic and ripped the pedals out of the base to mount them inverted.
    rF1 got put out to pasture many moons ago. The HistorX mod was a great thing and the V8 mod was quickly forgotten.

2. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Love the historix mod, pure joy, still go back to drive it in the RF1 install, love the Capris!

So when you joining us on the server then mate?

3. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

So I promised a video Didn't I! Well I've not slept all night, tried to but could'nt, so some time after 6am I decided to get up, have a coffee and get some footage of the server up and running from the only replay that I actually saved and named, as there are endless autosaves as you can imagine from some 20 hr's of it running for two days. Its now gone 9am, amazing how much time it takes to make a crappy 8 min video and get it on the internet!

So this is some footage (just the first lap) taken from that replay using the track camera's and captured and edited with these fun little tools that come with Window's 10. Really starting to like this opperating system! Sorry about the shaky camera and focus, not such a steady mouse hand!

Anyway there's 7 car's on track, 4 humans & 3 A.I. See if you can tell who's who, and please give us a shout if you were one of the drivers.

Cheers all, im off to bed!

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  4. Comante

Comante Registered

Nice clip, I'm M.Signorini in game.

Paul McC likes this.
  5. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Thanks mate, it was a pleasure racing with you!

6. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Oh btw! I've just booted up the server, gonna leave it running whilst I snooze at this ridiculous time of day.

I've made a couple of changes over night to spice things up a bit, weather should also be a bit less extreme but still expect it to change from time to time.
    Quali is now 15mins and Race is 10mins, so race's are even more frequent now and no one will have to wait too long for one.

Now I really am going to bed! My car will be in the server but I'll be asleep so don't be offend if you send me chat and I don't answer......
    Wonder if I'll wake up to a full server? Now there's something to dream about!

Enjoy!..... "Snooze!"

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    Karsten Hvidberg likes this.
  7. Comante

Comante Registered

I wish to thank you because your server was the reason I fired up RF2 after quite a bit. In the last months I've decided to wait for the next updates hopefully in the arrive of the comp. system. It was a good fun, the McLaren M23 is a very good and funny drive. Love it.

Paul McC and Karsten Hvidberg like this.
  8. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Registered

Is it possible to set it to allow people to join while a race is in progress?
    It is a shame to log on & see people racing, but not be able to just join the fun, knowing to be careful of course 8)

Paul McC likes this.
  9. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Man I fecking love these cars! I have now totally fallen for these insane little monsters!

10. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Mate, I am so happy you're enjoying it! Thank you so much! Exactly what it's here for, happy days mate!

11. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Funny you should ask that cause I was only just thinking about that last night, I think it might actually work because the Rfactor crowd are very respectful drivers, and yes I can do it, might make the change next time the server is empty. Nice one!

Karsten Hvidberg likes this.
  12. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Damn I just wanna race these all day, but I gotta go lay down some drums for my bro, have to be later. Have made server change btw, so be careful when joining a race from the pits!

13. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Only managed a couple of races, but thank you for setting up this server Paul. 260ms... I can handle that.

If this this server is running AND my kids are asleep AND I am awake, I'll be here!

Paul McC likes this.
  14. Stevy

Stevy Registered

Today I was so bored I had the crazy idea to check rFactor2 online severs. :D
    Found your Server but was unable to join :( Said Package not available.
    Maybe allow downloads or upload the race event here ?

Paul McC likes this.
  15. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

And you are very welcome my friend!
    That's by far the highest ping I've seen on the server so far, but I guess with connection to the UK from Japan it's not too bad, was it manageable?

16. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Sorry to hear that! It's strange because you are the only person who's experienced this so far, I'm wondering if you are not subscribed to the car or one of the tracks in the Steam workshop, the game should automatically do it for you. Try doing it manually, go into the Rfactor 2 workshop on Steam and search for the car which is: McLaren M23 and hit subscribe, then do the same for the tracks which are: Portugal, Lime Rock Park, Sao Paulo, Silverstone & Zadvoort. Make sure they are all the S397 versions.
    Hope that solves it, please let me know how you get on. Cheers!

17. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

RIGHT! Ive finished laying down that drum track (God recording takes so bloody long), and I've had me dinner! Time to hit the server and burn rubber!
    Been looking forward to this!
    Common folks let's get online and see if we can't fill the bloody thing full! See you there!

18. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Registered

I wonder how we can get word out to rf2 players to come join here.

(I also wonder why s397 did never do this with at least just 1 server, open for all...)

Alessio Feletto and Paul McC like this.
  19. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Getting busy! IMG_20200501_205941.jpg

atomed and Alessio Feletto like this.
  20. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

And now we are 9!!!