Latest Roadmap Update - April 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

2. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

Thanks.
    Why not you say the tracks you are working, at least waiting will be easier. Give a name, or hint sth?
    Before creating anynew content, make the others at the same standart i think is better, physic wise and graphic wise.
    Anyway, the first part is better to read, may be you should write more about it than rf2.

3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

When do you plan to release the next update ?

I mean 1, 2, 3 weeks ? 1 month ?

To be honest, we're starting to look forward to it :)

4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Nice read regardless.

5. atomed

atomed Member

Stefano Casillo in S397, can we dream?

Joel Fernandes likes this.
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Well...Can't give much feedback on this. It's not really a roadmap, it's more of a general blogpost.
    Improving some obvious flaws in physics, instead of still discussing it, would be advantageous.
    This is exactly, how i feel about rF2 and exactly what the problem seems to be. (Not related to the actual world situation. Related to the situation of the program)

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    Rui Santos, Ariff, Dady Cairo and 3 others like this.
  7. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

8. Lethal

Lethal Registered

I have two questions, the first is: is the content of Image Space Incorporated is from Studio397?
    Second question, add the game contents for sale, including two packages, all cars and all tracks.

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

thanks for update

can anyone tell me , is the hosting feature any easier now?
    i’ve been PC-less for about a year but building a new one on release of nvidia 3000 series
    ( last attempt i spend about 20hrs fiddling with router settings & rfactor2 but wouldn’t work)

great to read about the updates and new tracks coming great news

10. Mauro

Mauro Registered

My considerations:

-A dismissed roadmap
    -Rf2 development is dead?
    -A new sim project by casillo + s397?

In all cases bad news

dylbie, Ariff and mantasisg like this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

ISI was the original developer of rF2. They also produced rF1, SCGT, F12k, etc. S397 purchased the code of rF2 from ISI. While the content from ISI was included in the sale, S397 has not focused as closely on the ISI content as the more recent developments they have produced themselves. The general concept is that the ISI items are available, but will not be updated as most of the S397 content will be.

Lethal and atomed like this.
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

New car? the latest Koininsegg? Perhaps the Glickenhaus Hypercar?

13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Wut? I think people are misinterpreting what was written again.

Do you really think they would lisence two new tracks and cars, start with the work on them and work on an extensive update in pretty much all areas of the software if rF2 development was dead? Same goes for the people being worried about the uncertainties mentioned in the roadmap. Just shows that plans are there to be replaced by new plans.

*takes another nip of tea* :p

14. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I would like to think that you are not to blame and the problem is at least one of these: pc - router - internet provider.
    I had never set a sever up in my life yet I had no problems with my first dedi rF2 sever using Steam cmd by following the rF2 guides on Steam a few months ago.

15. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thanks for keeping in touch S397. Hope you all stay safe as well.

Woodee likes this.
  16. Paweł Andrzejewski

Paweł Andrzejewski Registered

Quite different Roadmap compared to the others, it makes it feel it's kind of "special" one, especially because of subtle emotional elements at the beggining.

Generally speaking, thank you for letting us know nearly every part of rFactor 2 is evolving. Unfortunately slowly, but that's how coding and modelling works. Three new tracks and two new cars coming, let's hope to race them in a reasonable future.

"Next car [...] it's an unique opportunity for our Studio." I keep my fingers crossed this car is a top tier racing series. And some incredible competition will come along with it.

17. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Thanks for the update, I was wondering if the delayed car was the delayed NextGen Nascar, that would tie in with a unique opportunity piece and would open the US market up as well.

Leonardo Nogueira likes this.
  18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks for the more personal roadmap, you can read a million things into what Marcel wrote but in these times when the World is in the throws of shock I just hope everyone at S397 is safe and well, a Roadmap is merely something nice to read and nothing more.

Unfortunately it will get ripped apart (common theme it seems), so it's best to just let the haters hate whilst those with a better grasp on reality can carry on enjoying RF2 and every other Sim for what they offer us in these dark times.

On that note Sim Racing becomes something new, a way to escape the world's problems and act as a Mental Health Wellbeing item like any other gaming genre or a simple walk in a park. But above everything it has always and will always be just a hobby - something we shouldn't get too personal about.

Stay Safe one and all x

muz_j, RaceNut, JimmyT and 6 others like this.
  19. TJones

TJones Registered

Well at least about physics engine related development, it's pretty much dead. Someone remember the last improvement in this area?
    For those like me, where main interest is to get the most realistic driving experience, and in addition uses single player mainly, it's not really satisfactory. ;)
    Just hope S397 find any solution to speed up development, to further compete with other race sims in the future.

Quite unusual monthly roadmap to be honest, no screenshots this time.:) Good to read the is-state of different sections of develpment, which is always the most interesting part for me.

DrivingFast and Ariff like this.
  20. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Interesting roadmap, with a different tone but giving some perspective.