[REL] 1991 Group C v1.1 Released

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Dec 24, 2015.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Strong mod!
    But very difficult to master. Even with an AI strength of just 84% I'm just behind it (Red Bull Ring). I had believed until this mod to have learned something slowly. Well I try again ...

2. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Thanks again to Petros & MAK Corp for producing this fabulous mod.

It takes some work both on the track and in the garage to compete at the 85% AI level (most tracks), thats OK by me.

All the cars respond to tuning really well, nearly everywhere after tuning I turn laps within a second in each for the 962, C11, 787B. Each car needs different fine tuning strategies as you would expect for each of the cars.

My favorite is the 962, despite the true to form flexible flyer torsional rigidity - noticeable to some after driving the 787B & C11.

Having these races racing during my peak years I may be biased, but I think the Group C concept was the pinnacle of Prototype racing. The cars were utterly fabulous beats to drive back then and again now thanks to Petros!

3. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

I just want to give a little feedback about what I've experienced during our 6h online race on Road America.

I was racing with Mazda 787 and was able to make double stint with "sprint" tires. That means more than 1h30 of autonomy, I don't think it was expected by the modders so that why I repport it.

PS: You can look detailed data in http://game.old-drivers-spirit.fr:8000/championships/championship?cid=17

4. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

I jumped on your server a while back to run a few laps and just noticed a second instance of Group C. I've been running V1.1 although truth be told I preferred the V1.0 has a more competitive C11 engine.ini IMO.

Combining 3 different sets of physics to derive a somewhat equal set of cars for endurance racing is quite a challenge. The 787B has a ton of torque at low end and theoretically a lower engine inertia so on tracks with close ratios it would make sense that most shifts would be at high enough RPM to avoid wheelspin; perhaps thats why.

All 3 tend to have varying performance levels depending on the track, with the 962 always seeming to be the safest choice for me at least in sprints. I rarely race online so I generally set the AI to 85% and it usually takes 4-5 hours of practice and tuning to reach a competitive point to race solo (+AI) for 30 minutes or so, but not long enough to make a pit stop. And by then tires are shot on the C11 or 962. Haven't spent enough time with the 787B to know.

5. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit Registered

I’m looking for the Jaguar ”Silk Cut” Group C, is that available?
    upload_2020-3-26_17-59-45.jpeg

6. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

7. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Lars, Rogger, GPNeville and 5 others like this.
  8. ThomasJohansen

9. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

10. ThomasJohansen

11. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

Since there are new Le Mans layouts available, i recall that you can force this mod's AI drivers to use low downforce settings, so that they can reach more realistic speeds at long straights.
    Just go to Tuning menu, select low downforce packages and press 'Force setup'. It's easy, but you have to do it for every car class. There are 2 classes for Mazda 787, 3 classes for Porsche 962, 1 class for Sauber C11.

The aero packages don't change physics, but they do set different default setup.

12. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

MAK Corp mods are still my favorite all time although I've cheated a bit and made my own personal version with six-speed gearboxes and some slight tweaks to aero & weight to enable them to be a little more equal at nearly all the tracks I drive on. Also added Cockpit Adjustable Antiswaybars as most of these cars had them retrofit to them. These updates enabled eliminating the AI advantages that make them a bit too fast at 100% AI, now at 100% they typically run close to the actual lap times. Out of respect to MAK Corp the updated version won't be shared.

I've been using the Forced Setups as well at a few different tracks and with my custom mod that includes gear ratios for Short, Medium, Long tracks rather than just the Aero settings.

13. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

Thanks for your words, John.
    After the results of different races and championships we can say there is still a certain advantage for the C11 because of its downforce (it is faster on high speed corners). However, many people find it more difficult to drive on the limit, so that's something which acts as compensation.
    In overall, the result depends a lot on the driver's skill and strategies to obtain the maximum of his car.
    That applies especially for very long races, for example this nice race at RGPL. 3 different cars were still fighting for first position after half of the 6 hours race... (go to 3:42:18 )

However, I hope we can find an even better balance of performance for the next, in case it comes...

Also, let me add that the original aerodynamic upgrades also include longer gear ratios.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    rand777, John R Denman and atomed like this.
  14. Benn

Benn Registered

Hi guys,

I've created about 40 AI with existing and homemade skins, in a WSC 1990-1991 way, and set a good BOP for Spa and other fast tracks. I've let the game run a quali session + a 3 hour race, and the results were realistic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I haven't made a proper package, but if some of you are interested, I can upload my UserData/Player/Settings/Mak-Corp folder.

Cheers,
    Ben

15. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Yes pls.
    Thx mate.

16. Full Right

Full Right Registered

Anything on this is most welcome. Thanks in advance.

17. vava74

vava74 Registered

@Storm Gang Simulation with the authorisation of MAK and their own in-house work, made a 1991 WSC mod, which BOPed the cars for league use, but preserving their own different characteristics to what was achievable within a BOP exercise. Their in-house work added the Peugeot 905, the Jaguar XJR 14 and the Nissan RK90 or 91 (can't remember exactly).
    This mod will be released in the Steamworkshop "soonish" - ie. before the end of the year.

JoeP1, davehenrie, doddynco and 9 others like this.
  18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

This guys are incredible!
    The new star in rF2 Universum.
    Very awesome.

Corti likes this.
  19. Benn

Benn Registered

Well, let's wait for this :) This will be way better than my stuff

20. chappielike2009

chappielike2009 Registered