[REL] GTPC 1984 edition

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Arnaud Plume, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

With the help of jonrarit (thanks!), an updated version (v1.03) is now on steam with more frontward possibility for the seat position.
    Engine sounds are louder based on your early feedbacks.

FFB clipping under high speed corner is under investigation, sorry guys as you'll have to wait a little for that fix... ;)

Thaichang, atomed, Duncan and 7 others like this.
  2. philman

philman Registered

I would like to be more positive than in my last post. As far as the sounds are concerned, apart from the engine sound level being too low in cockpit view, the rest is excellent, especially the tyres. The differentiation between dry and wet track is excellent, as well as the wheel locking noises (in short everything that S397 doesn't know or more exactly doesn't want to do...).
    Graphically, apart from the reported problem, it is a real success. Everything that doesn't work properly is not your fault but S397's that still didn't manage to make the artificial lights of the headlights with a real rendering.
    For the physics, I don't have much to say apart from the fact that they are quite credible, only the very oversteer character of the cars might have been diminished by another basic setup.

Eric Rowland and atomed like this.
  3. Bernd

Bernd Registered

May i ask if you use the default sound settings?
    For me, the sounds are loud enough.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  4. philman

philman Registered

I'm using the sound script written by Doddynco in which the sound level is relatively low (37). I raise this level to 50 and think it's a good level.

5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Awesome cars, thanks for didicating yourself for this awesome conversion.

I had some time to take this mod out to the track, I chose Jaguar for beginning. As expected it felt really strange at first, because I drove nothing like that for months and months. But soon it started getting familiar, and within few laps at VIR I was driving fast with that smile that happens when car feels right.

However, there is obviously things to discuss. Mirror seemed a bit too high, driver eyes position a bit off, and FFB is very high for aero car like that without using DD wheel. But I quickly adjusted to all that except mirror, so it was pretty good.

Handling is nice, but something feels disconnected, not sure what, and obviously I saw in replay that wheels are gliding above surface. Ok joking it is not because of that. But there is something about tire that seems like not giving much feel. Car felt overall easy and characteristic, but I quickly learned that it is easy to stall aero, and sometimes it seemed like front is unloading a bit, perhaps it is correct I don't know. Tire wear seemed a bit rapid, but perhaps that was also correct for that tire. Car provides feeling of being pretty light, I am interested and will go make little bit of reading about it. I was also impressed by stiffness of anti roll bars, they are quite strong, for what I suppose is a light car. Does aero cars need strong anti roll bars because of amount of G-forces ? That of course makes sense, but I also think about aerodynamic load that is probably as big as car weight with massive venturi and wing like that, and logically aerodynamic load will not get transfered as per weight transfer when cornering, so it is interesting subject to me.

Yet to take it to Lime Rock
    [​IMG]

Eric Rowland and atomed like this.
  6. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I thought that it could be something like that, because the sound was ok for me.
    Sounds should always set up in that way, that they sound good with the default sound setting of the game, because that is what the majority of users normally use.
    If someone uses special scripts like you or whatever else, the sounds should not be adapted to that, in my opinion.

7. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    Legend, Bostrom, pkelly and 10 others like this.
  8. atomed

atomed Member

9. JorgeCabrita

JorgeCabrita Registered

Great content, guys. keep up the good work. I've just released a video about it, feel free to watch :)

Highbank, Levelup1, Legend and 7 others like this.
  10. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

Great video, thank you. Is it taken from a replay? Because the rear tyres of the Jag seems like floating in the air, it's a bit strange.

You're also speaking of visual bug for the Jag, could you explain a bit? Or maybe you're talking about those rear tyres.

Next roadmap in few days but I can already tell you that the FFB clipping issue will be solved in the coming days.

Mauro likes this.
  11. philman

philman Registered

I also noticed this phenomenon on the replays but also by following a Jaguar in cockpit view.

12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

All tires does that as .tbc wheel radius doesn't match real eadius from .tgm. There are more things to notice such as overkill of reflection on Lancia rims.

13. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

Roadmap update - April 2020

Hi folks, here are some news of the project.

Today, we have made an update in steam (v1.1) which solve the FFB clipping issue. We've also made some changes to Lancia & Jaguar physics. (more understeering/less oversteering)

[​IMG]
    Same setup, same multiplier (0.8). If someone recognize the track with this graph, he'll receive an insider news.

Now that those cars are updated, we can switch back our efforts on new development. Our next conversion is a very special one for our team as it's the most awaited one for all of us. So, be sure that the job will be done with a lot of involvement. Porsche 930 is our next target!

[​IMG]

But back in those rf1 days, Porsche 930 wasn't alone if you remember well. So yes, you can expect both Porsche 934 & 934/5 to be in the same package.

[​IMG]
    Porsche 934 - Engine 930/71 3.0L 2994cc - 530hp @ 7000RPM

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Porsche 934/5 - Engine 930/73 3.0L 2994cc - 590hp @ 7500RPM

As you can see, the graphical conversion is already done. Wipers still have to be animated by Bernd & physics are still in early stage development. No release date for now but we hope something for you somewhere in summer.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  14. Corti

Corti Registered

BRAVO!! thx for this mate, regards

15. atomed

atomed Member

This is extremely awesome news.

16. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Thanks for the love. Those cars look excellent. Be safe, amigos.

17. pascom

pascom Registered

Super! :)

18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Whenever there is this shape, I get very interested, must be kool car.

And that FFB puzzle is great, perhaps some day someone will solve it. I tthink that it is some american track, they have those with very intensive chicane like high speed sections, like at Road Atlanta, or VIR. But that last long turn is very confusing.

19. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

Hint: it's only the first 50" of the track.

20. atomed

atomed Member

Damn, I was trying to figure it out right now and you just made it even harder.