Released New!!!! Two Strong Pack (McLaren Senna GTR / The Aston Vantage GTE)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Mate, it is how hard I’ve worked thankyou very much, I’ve put an absolute feck load of hours into tweaking to get my FPS to what it is, and it may not be running like it’s on an R9 280, I’d have to be fecking stupid to think i could achieve that! What I’ve done has not helped a little, it’s helped a lot for what I’ve got.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Tweaking or not, when the content exceeds your VRAM, it's toast.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You have a system that frankly shouldn't work, kudos to you to get results, but to hijack a thread complaining about poor performance, out of the ordinary poor performance is just mind boggling. There are quite a few screenshots mixing GTE with the GTR and incar fps is avg 140ish?(already forgot ) Yes they may run slower on your system, they SHOULD run slower, Added textures and detail cost. Again, amazing you get any results, well done on that.

4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

@Paul McC

You probably have a major VRAM problem.

We must try to optimize the use of VRAM.

I think we should lower these parameters :

Texture filtering, detail circuit, detail car, detail texture, visible AI = 6, auto FPS limit enabled.

5. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

Only opponent detail, donot max it, high is enough

6. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Well thanks for the kudos! I ain’t hijacking a thread though, my first post on this was in relation to the subject matter of this thread, since then the conversation has just gone that way but if you feel like that then maybe I’ll start a new thread more in relation to where it’s ended up. And yes I know there’s videos of 140fps plus but that’s for folks who don’t live on less than £80 a week and can afford a 1080ti! If anyone wants to giveme a couple of grand then I will happily update the whole machine!
    Also yes! Everything will run slower on my machine but that’s not the point! The Senna GTR and the GT3 cars are both modern S397 creations, yet on the same machine a field of 18 GT3’s will run at 60fps in a lot of scenarios where as 18 GTR,s will run at less than 20 FPS

7. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Yeah I know, on my machine it’s low mate, low, low, low, low, low! I’m not expecting any more from a 750ti with this program

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's what happens when you run out of VRAM. Other people don't drop from 120 to 40 with those cars. Whenever you run out of memory (video or system) performance takes a huge dive. This is why 2GB of system ram doesn't cut it now (although in theory everything will still run via the swapdisk) and why 2GB video cards are becoming outdated. All those textures and stuff have to go somewhere, and "Low" detail doesn't do 64 pixel textures.

Paul McC likes this.
  9. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

That’s fair enough but you would have thought the GTR’s and GT3’s would be of the same graphics performance standard, that’s all I’m saying!

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just as an example, one car using 5% more memory could be enough to push it over your limit, and fps will plummet. On a machine with adequate memory the performance would indeed be identical, or near enough to make no difference. That's how it works. It's like 10 guys carrying 2 heavy buckets of water each and someone says hey, you're taking 20 buckets already, just take this 1 more.

Paul McC likes this.
  11. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Anway, for those who've said they're interested in the performance on my machine, ive made you a video that I will post in a new thread which i'll post a link to here. Do read the discription, do bere in mind nthat with the screen capture running it performs even worse than and with lower FPS than when just playing it normally, and dont expect R9 280 graphics performance as someone suggested, I never, ever claimed that! I just said "drivable FPS". Oh and its with 16 cars, not 18, when it finally loaded i realsied id only got the amount of cars from the last race but sod it, im not going through the "yawn" load process again just to make a fecking video. Anyway, all you need to know is in the description, theres even an FPS counter in the top right of the vid for your scrutiny. I'll try making a GTR video, but it wont be so many cars of course.

12. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Ah ok I get you, so it's like the staw that broke the cammels back kinda senario. Thanks thats best explaination yet. For now though im stuck with getting what i can out of my potato!

Emery likes this.
  13. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

14. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

I don't know if anyone has reported it and if it's the right place, but I think there is something wrong with the radiator tape. It has 5 positions but the first 2 have the same value: 99%, and the next 3 have the same value: 100%, which I don't know if they make a big difference...; I haven't ridden much to check the water and oil temperatures either and I can't see it in Motec either. If there are only the 2 options of 99 and 100%, if that is correct and makes any difference in cooling, why use 5 registers for it??, or are the percentages wrong??