SHOCKING CONTENT**Pro racer compares iR with AC,**SHOCKING CONTENT

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by mantasisg, Apr 20, 2020.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

This is super interesting video. Personally I don't think AC is more realistic, but it likely is for driving over the limit. If I would guess AC is a bit too forgiving for overdriving, but iR certainly too punishing. And AC is probably way closer to the center of these realism scales, where REAL is on the center.

SHOCKING CONTENT !!1

PS. This could be rF2

Korva7, Paulfield and Hazi like this.
  2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

If the guy in the video drives as fast as he speaks, then WOW! :D

Sparks and Dady Cairo like this.
  3. Marisa

Marisa Registered

That was pretty good, hope he makes a video about rF2 in the future.

4. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Could it BE more clickbaity ??

5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

@Bernd He surely does, check out "learning willow" in his channel.
    @Marisa Hopefuly, it seems to me he would approve it.
    @WiZPER Thanks, it was very intentional, glad you noticed.

6. Filip

Filip Registered

Excellent video.
    Presentation, editing, humor.

7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

0.75 speed is much more friendly to the ear and brain.
    0.5 speed and he turns into a happy drunk. :D

Emery and mantasisg like this.
  8. Filip

Filip Registered

His points in iR vs AC are what most already feel but if anybody has doubts then watch his "Learning Big Willow" which mantasisg already pointed out.
    Intense video.
    After that it's clear he knows what he's talking about.

9. David Wright

David Wright Registered

A number of racing drivers have been saying this for years including Rene Rast. Although a big iRacer, Nicki Thiim also has also been making this point recently. Another is Joseph Newgarden.

bwana, t0p5ecret and Spyro like this.
  10. stonec

stonec Registered

It depends on the car though. Modern F1 for example is very unforgiving, you just have to check one of those Sebastian Vettel spin compilations to see that there's almost no room for wheel spin in F1. Having said that, it is more fun to drive with a gentler slip curve, but I think equally we have some sim cars that allow too much slip now.

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

@Filip Yes, definitely, to me it is one of the best onboard videos I have seen. Initially I thought that he is just crazy good amateur, but actually he is pro racer.

@stonec sure, thats F1 aero and F1 tire, no doubt it is rails type of stuff. As for slip angles and slip curves, I think they might not be much of an issue over how fast in time it could happen. It could be aero stall effects, it could be very fast sliding friction drop as tire slides and heats up at contact super rapidly, sliiding friction itself might be very low in first place.

12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Another example: Austin Ogonoski was talking about this for literally years even before all your named drivers and was called troll for it, having a "personal vendetta" against iRacing, in thank for that getting a witchhunt and accusation of being negative for negativities sake and so on instead of already fixing the issues...(This guy has also driven stock cars fo quite a time).

This is what the sim racing community is, when it comes to fanboying: Improvement is stagnating. Critizism is seen equal to hate.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  13. CrimsonEminence

Mate...just drive a Fomula car in F1-Challenge 99-02 and then try it in rF2 or AMS1...you will notice the huge difference in allowable slip. Slicks don't have so much working degrees of grippyness, but grip just doesn't fall off completely, how often Vettel has spun, doesn't matter.

14. caravan_driver

caravan_driver Registered

15. CrimsonEminence

"The best one is the one we have in Milton Keanes". "iRacing is good with a better Setup" (No Sh**? :D ) This man knows absolutely, what he is talking about, yeah.^^

16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

@CrimsonEminence IMO Austin Ogonoski is right rather often, but also he is quite wrong pretty often as well.

17. CrimsonEminence

Yeah, for sure. It was just coming into my mind, because, he was stating it so often, that iRacing has some "issues" in tyre behaviour and now more and more drivers are noticing this and NOW iRacing has to do something, because the fancrowd can't pretend, everything is fine, anymore.
    Dang, iRenting would be a KILLER sim, if they would actually listen to drivers, instead of simdads with their expensive DD in the basement (no offense :D )

18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

It is a wonder why they keep it at that state rather than making just tiny bit of adjustment towards easy side. Perhaps it correlates with their income somehow, but it makes no sense. But it is interesting how in iR it is obviously too hard, while most stuff in other sims are arguably more or less too easy (in my opinion).