What S397 car content for rF2 for the not far future ?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by DrivingFast, Apr 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Regarding the car content of rF2, I would like two "strategies" to be implemented in parallel :

1) Build a truly exhaustive list of cars in the same category, and do the same with a more or less fast category which can "logically" drive during the same race.

I think of GT3 (we already have 10 !!!) and GT4.

Imagine.....

Grids composed of a maximum of different GT3 + GT4, something like 30 AI GT3 and 30 AI GT4 on the Nordschleife, very variable and partly rainy weather, 1 hour of racing, start at 4:00 AM and end at 19:00 PM (timescale X15) .... With quality and debugged AI, damage activated at 100%, racing rules debugged etc...

That would be SO great !!

2) In parallel with these "exhaustive" categories, I very much wish, as an offline user, that S397 actually makes the most different cars possible, in particular so that the physics are as different as possible and that the cars all have very different characters.

Finally, I hope that the physics of the S397 cars continue to be as good (in my opinion the best in simracing).

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    Korva7 and atomed like this.
  2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think with the current focus of rF2 and it's focus on endurance racing and the allready available car roster/manufacturers aswell as tracks from the devs and the community there are quite a few interesting options on the table:
    • obviously a GT4 DLC to enhance relationship with the allready available manufacturers, while offering possible options for the community to expand the experience with various skinpacks for IMSA, VLN, British GT and the likes (the first two are important as British GT will be covered by ACC)
    • building historic GT DLCs with 911s RSRs, BMW 3.0 CLS, Corvettes, Mustangs and Camaros (let's call it the GT '75 DLC and it would sell like sliced bread), maybe a Group 5 DLC while introducing a proper drive train model
    • possible Group C DLCs
    • phase out "old" content like the historic phantasy F1 cars to produce company for the allready lisenced cars in cooperation with allready available manufacturers (a Honda or McLaren from '66 or '67 to go with the BT20 for example)
    • getting a lisence for the historic F2 mod and phase out the old mod
    • maybe getting a proper lisence for Lola cars, including the fantastic T70 Spyder to add an M1B in addition
    • cooperation with Dallara and Ligier to produce the remaining LMP3 and LMP2 cars (ELMS would be allmost complete), while opening the door for some funky looking historic blue F1 and Le Mans cars
    • maybe get in touch with Ferrari or Lambo to include historic and modern GT cars or prototypes, maybe F1 cars to give the historic McLaren and Brabham cars some company
    • why not some spec series like M1 ProCar (wich would be freaking great for the legends trophy)
    I think all in all there are many nice options that could please fans of historic and modern racing, while keeping focus on the endurance features. Having a good focus and keeping everything up to spec is the key. :)

3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I had also thought about this.

4. atomed

atomed Member

GT4 is one of the funniest categories out there, the Nissan needs some new Friends. I think Ferrari is out of reach, as EA has their videogames rights. Would love to see some GT3 and GT4 multiclass.

R.Noctua likes this.
  5. lagg

lagg Registered

@hitm4k3r you want to phase out some cars? English is not my native language, could be a barrier language?
    Sorry but i can't understand why someone want to eliminate content.
    Don't use it if you don't like it.
    I don't use GT3, but don't want to eliminate them from the inventory.

R.Noctua and atomed like this.
  6. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

@Marcel Offermans

Which would be extremely relevant in my opinion :

1) Leave the old ISI content not taken over by S397 at "Image Space Incorporated" on steam, and not make it official content (as it is).

2) The ISI content officially taken over by S397 and slightly updated MUST be no longer installed when the game is installed, and above all DO NOT appear under the "S397" banner, because this content is lower than the real S397 content (in particular the level of physics). This content must be distinct from the real S397 content which is much more qualitative.

3) The S397 content for the past 3 years MUST be installed during installation and obviously must be under the "Studio 397" banner.

But do not delete content :
    Possibly update it, PRIORITIALLY on the physics level.

Adam Helyes likes this.
  7. David Wright

David Wright Registered

No. EA had an exclusive license with Porsche which has expired. Ferrari cars have appeared in AC, ACC, iRacing, PC2, Forza, GT Sport, Codies F1 series and Grid for example. They just have the reputation of being an expensive license.

atomed likes this.
  8. Pales

Pales Registered

Probably haven't got the playerbase yet for those sorts of licenses. I imagine once the competition system is up and running and the numbers are increasing, this is when you're likely to see newer packs

atomed likes this.
  9. lagg

lagg Registered

Yes, i know.
    I read somewhere that they made a private update of the Formula ISI 2012 for The Race’s All-Star Esports Battle.
    Why should we want to eliminate this great car.

atomed likes this.
  10. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

I agree that ISI content has a completely different quality and should be installed only from Steam Workshop.

11. atomed

atomed Member

I didn't know, at least there is a chance, even if it is small :cool:

12. Tommy2Fingers

Tommy2Fingers Registered

BTCC cars for me....

Haris1977 likes this.
  13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

My idea is not to erase content content from the game but replace it with similar, but more up to spec content and maybe get some lisences for it, only if possible ofcourse. Some of the content is so outdated, especialy in terms of visual and sound quality that it doesn't make much sense to update the content. The 67 F2 mod, the Mclaren M4B or the Lola T70 spyder by Crossply and the rest of the involved guys are a perfect example with proper car models, driver models and stuff like that. Why not get that stuff in the game and reach out to the community, when the fantasy F2 and F3 mods feel as if they didn't belong into this sim. ISI allready did something similar when they replaced the Megane trophy mod with the RMT version. I would even go as far as to say to replace the Howsten T70 lookalike with the nice carset from Woochoo in the workshop, because that one feels alot more authentic and complete than the attempt of ISI to get a historic GT car in the game. There are areas, where this isn't possible, like the FR3.5, the Clio and the likes, but the huge quality gap of the different content is getting an issue if you want to sell a product. Afterall, that content should be a teaser for the DLC stuff and lets be honest: only a fraction of that content is really where it should be.

lagg and atomed like this.
  14. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

Of the Ferraris; I think the 488 Challenge could be likely as is the Ferrari 312T, FXX-K could be possible but I prefer to see the FXX.

I like to see the F355 Challenge (which PC2 has) considering it is one of the most popular Ferrari Challenge cars

Because it is in the same year as the McLarens; Ferrari F300, Ferrari F93A (okay, neither were the highlight of their careers)

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

GT4: so many good cars - Cayman, 570S, Mustang etc
    GT3: With the news of the 488 GT3 coming, we are SO CLOSE to filling some real life grids. Huracan GT3, Nissan GTR etc and we are at GT3 perfection. If they got Porsche, Ferrari etc at this point nothing seems off the table

16. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

If we can't persuade Dallara and Ligier on board, couldn't we ask the AC modders, the Rollovers, to do us a mod for both cars

17. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

I would absolutely love to see lots & lots of Can-Am cars . . . at the time, they were the Edge of Innovation . . . . . . and they look so cool !

traind and davehenrie like this.
  18. AlanK

AlanK Registered

Ginettas.

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Ligier exists in the EnduroRacers mod, and the Dallara exists in the form of a Caddilac DPI in the IMSA mod. but bringing them into balance with the S397 fleet is a crapshoot.

20. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered