CS-closed GT Pro Series S1

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hany Alsabti

Hany Alsabti Registered

Audi does need higher top speed but the car physics has to change. U cant give them higher top speed without taking away something in return. Higher top speed together with reduced rear grip or worse brakes, but better tires that dont fall off a cliff in just 5 laps.

Joonas Raivio likes this.
  2. NunoPinto

NunoPinto Registered

The only reason why I was able to do a good result on Nurb was basically luck, I managed to finish P10 on the first race because the drivers ahead of me had problems. On the 2nd race I finished P2 because the drivers behind got into major fights and I was able to keep the place, on a normal situation If I came out of the first 2 corners in P1 I would have won the race easily.
    The Audi is maybe fast in one lap with really low fuel, MAYBE, on specific tracks, apart from that is way slower, just check the fastest lap from race 1 and compare that to the best lap by the best Audi and I'm not even talking about the last laps of the stint... and if that isn't enough a driver that came from P26 finished 3rd on a BMW, a driver with a drive through got top 10.
    Even drivers that are racing other cars are saying the same, if that isn't enough to prove our point I honestly don't know what else to say.

3. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

So you think BOP should compensate for people driving like madmen, crashing and going of track everywhere?
    I'm not saying the BOP is perfect or whatever, but what you describe in this sentence has less to do with BOP and more with all of the carnage on track and avoiding it.

4. NunoPinto

NunoPinto Registered

So what you are saying is that both drivers got to their positions because everyone else crashed or spun because they cause carnage and are "noobs"?
    I saw the live stream and that is not what I saw but...
    In your opinion they got their final positions because they are better, and the others can't drive, so they crashed into each other and they just climbed all spots without much effort...
    Then its ok for us tho change to the BMW if we and cant drive, what do you guys have to lose?

5. Kevin van Dooren

You are putting words in my mouth, its something I would expect from a 12 year old.

6. NunoPinto

NunoPinto Registered

Your words not mine...

7. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Remember that this is not some sunday league with bulk of the drivers driving for fun.
    All 30 drivers here are top notch and motivated to win.
    This means all 30 of us cant expect a top 10 finish on a plate each round, rendering any excuse of "I cant win each round so my car is bad" is invalid.

Anyway drive the cars, send results and logs to Jimmi and he will make educated BOPs.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    AMillward and Erhan Jajovski like this.
  8. NunoPinto

NunoPinto Registered

This is exactly what I mean, Risto says its not a Sunday league, but a BMW driver came from 26th to finish 3rd.
    Another driver finished 9th after a DT, and that is a 20/25sec penalty on a 45min race with the best drivers on rF2 (I think).
    Kevin says that the reason that those results happen where because of people driving like madmen and crashing.
    What you guys are saying is what you think, I am stating facts, the BMW is a faster car, period, the BOP did nothing, period.
    If you cant admit that the BMW is a faster car that is your problem, I am not the only one saying that, other drivers think the same even non Audi drivers.
    They have the data, I honestly don't know why nothing changed.

9. Kevin van Dooren

Do you know the meaning of the word "fact"? That the BOP did nothing is not a fact.

10. NunoPinto

NunoPinto Registered

What I meant with "did nothing" was to the final results or the final outcome of the event, not saying it didn't change the cars even if it was 0.05%.

11. Rudy van Buren

Rudy van Buren Registered

Passing 5 BMW's as well. o_O

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    tafkams, McKiernan, AMillward and 5 others like this.
  12. AMillward

AMillward Registered

There's also a rather large BMW/Macca to Audi/Porsche ratio. So more numbers, more chance of those cars being in the top positions.

13. Jernej Simoncic

Jernej Simoncic Registered

With a car, over half a seconds slower per lap in a long run, it is very valid.
    It doesn't matter how many drive BMWs and how many drive Audis and Porsches. Nuno, Yuri and I aren't half a second per lap slower on average on several tracks. Yes, driver are top notch and motivated to win, but that doesn't make the race order a random draw.

Anyway, do a stint in Audi, then comment further. BOP is obviously very wrong in the highest level competition, and you guys write like it's all more or less fine.

14. Martin Dyrlund

Martin Dyrlund Registered

Just my view here. The issue is not topspeed. Audi has a bit higher topspeed than M6 with wing 1. Issue is rear tyre temps. After two laps the carcass temps on the rear tyres are 10 degrees hotter than on M6 so we have to add rear wing to survive more than 10 laps.

I can say that my RL carcass temp was 127,7 degrees and RR 117,8 degrees on the last lap of the Vir race. Peak temp mid stint is around 133 degrees. Can a friendly M6 driver share those numbers from the race? :)

15. Hany Alsabti

Hany Alsabti Registered

means jimmi cant do anyhing about this issue. we need marek to fix this mess. porsche is in need of the same treatment.

Erhan Jajovski likes this.
  16. Martin Dyrlund

Martin Dyrlund Registered

Exactly, Jimmi cannot do anything to fix this.

17. The Audi is indeed outside of what i can do with BOP, however it's do-able to help it slighty. A BOP change are coming, aim is to get this released sunday with the challenge mod.

18. Erhan Jajovski

Erhan Jajovski Registered

Will there be a new BoP after the Round 4? Because we already got one after just one round.

19. Yes and it is already in the workshop alongside with the track, the track could get a small update. Not sure yet.

Disclaimer ;) 2.5 in the rules make sure i can update in case its not sufficient, and this was a seriously needed update.

Erhan Jajovski likes this.
  20. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Regarding what? What is the plan? Track limits? If yes, then which way - looser or tighter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.