Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Who uses it? Is pretty useless, at least is not worth to have it in the UI as it cause a huge confusions with Max Framerate which is what people think is it. Is a kind of option that is good to have only in the player.json. Our GPUs ar fast enough to not need it anymore, at least not in the UI, as there is no Garage Details, as it should be.

2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I use it and it helps me to have stable FPS and do not have an east too high between the minimum and maximum fps, while keeping satisfactory graphics settings (especially with AI race).

I play in VR.

But this debate is sterile.

3. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Why do you cut my phrases lol.
    Is pretty sterile as long you cut my phrase where it accomodate your opinion to support your tesis, missing also the point of the discussion.

4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Oups
    Ok sorry

5. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

I have to disagree. The cars are facing to the left so it makes sense that the leftmost car is the leading car.
    [​IMG]

And if you check F1 they also have the leading car to the left
    [​IMG]

Filip and pkelly like this.
  6. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

So cars should face to the right :D
    F1 was never famous for spectator friendly overlays...

7. lagg

lagg Registered

The overlay of Indy and Nascar moves from right to left, too

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

As do tickers. Because you read left to right.

9. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Okay, so last VEC race I took over from my team mate for the first time in this new UI. Not sure if this was reported already, but I couldn't select him when clicking "drive". this probably has to do with the amount of cars in the server, as in practice on the same server I could

Here from the live stream

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  10. Lethal

Lethal Registered

1° All servers that have workshop items will be registered and downloaded automatically (option applicable to the server owner).
    2° (SOLVED) Memorize sampling options of maps, cars, replays.
    3° Change the driver side choice of Radical SR3-RSX car in customization for better viewing.
    3.png
    4° Press ESC in the main menu to exit the game (with confirmation).
    5° Change the hud.
    6° Realistic rearview mirrors showing the car like in real life.
    7° Remove the (_) in the name of the Tatuus F4-T014 and Tatuus FT-50 within the game.
    8° Eve F1 1968 bug
    8.JPG

Mirror quality options.
    Mirror resolution options.
    Mirror distance options.
    Adjusting the mirrors in the menu options.
    10° Game texture changing when changing mirrors.
    10.gif
    11° Improve the balance of force feedback on the Logitech G27 on all cars.
    12° Add a general force feedback option on all FFB-compatible steering wheels.
    NEWS*
    13° Automatically limit the maximum number of cars on the track considering the track's capacity and not the player.
    14° Add the player.JSON file settings in the game menu as much as possible (Example: Game Options, Graphic Options, Sound Options).

*****Guys, if something is missing to add or if something is corrected, help me*****
    *****:)Sorry for english, i did the translation using google translate!:)*****

Prodigy and Emery like this.
  11. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Add keyboard/controller shortcut to Race button

Lethal likes this.
  12. U. Daniel

U. Daniel Registered

We need information on servers:
    1. Which track is being used
    2. What cars are being used
    3. What session and the lengths of sessions
    4. A filter for mods ( I don't want to join servers using mods and have to download something I don't want)

It is very strange that I can't compare laptimes in a simulator, the LogAnalyzer should be in the game and not a third party program outside the game. This make this game incomplete.

Take away the RACE tab and replace it with a SinglePlayer and a MultiPlayer tab

Emery, Juergen-BY and Lethal like this.
  13. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

So I started using the new UI and joined an on line server, when I come back to the UI I can't find "all cars and tracks" only multiplayer selections that I've made in the past. Is there a way to get the all cars and tracks back up without opting out to the old UI? Remember that I'm an old geezer and you'll probably need pictures and crayons to explain it to me.
    Thanks in advance.

pkelly, Emery, davehenrie and 2 others like this.
  14. U. Daniel

U. Daniel Registered

Hi Jimmy, go to the multiplayer/singleplayer screen, on the singleplayer section to the right where you choose the cars and tracks, highlight the first line and click, this will take you to the page where you choose all cars and tracks.

JimmyT likes this.
  15. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

yea, that doesn't work in the new UI. My game even crashes when I have it selected in the old UI. I have to load the old UI, select a mod there, then I can open the new UI

16. U. Daniel

U. Daniel Registered

Another option would be, go to either the car or track selection page, the second option on the top bar lets you choose "All Cars and Tracks"
    Sometimes the game crashes with me when I go to the showroom, this happens after cleaning cbash and shaders, but if I restart the game after the crash the showroom works, so maybe try it a second time

JimmyT likes this.
  17. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thanks gents will have another look. When I tried before I had to opt out and go all cars and track in old ui.

Edit: thank you @U. Daniel that was my problem,
    I was going to the second one down and that doesn't work so when I went to first in list it came up.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  18. AnonymousFU

AnonymousFU Registered

Hello, i'm a new member, i had purschase the game 4 days ago.

I was able to install and test the new interface. By this message i wish give my feedback about my first impression in order to help the developers at improve the game.

In my opinion, it's a good progression compared to the old UI because there are lot of good ideas, however there are some negativ points :

- I dislike the emplacement of "exit game" buton because he's just accessible by the "Start" menu. It's not ergonomic. It would be better to have a cross on the top right menu like others applications.
    - I have a 27 inch screen in 2560*1440 and the interface is fuzzy
    - The interface is slow, especially in the transitions
    - It miss some capital letters, especially on the differents buttons and titles
    - In the "Calibrate" menu, the indicators are read only, it could be great to put the value directly
    - When i click on the "Race" button on top menu for the first time, the game load the favorite servers even if i want to play to the single player, it's take lot of time
    - It miss some thumbnails on the car selection
    - The descriptions cars are all "2017" & "485cv", same for the tracks "20.832" & "2019"
    - The scroll bars are buggy. In fact, when i click on one of the scroll bars and if i release the click, the scroll bar remains active
    - There are question marks pretty much everywhere, especially in "Community", "Replay" & "Watch" menus
    - During the race loading, some informations are missing, by exemple : the length of the circuit, the number of turns, the fastest lap...
    - In the menu "Watch" the "Replay" button is buggy & in the menu "Community" the button "Forum" is buggy too

If i see other issues i will make other feedbacks. I encourage you to continu your work.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope the message is clear and useful.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    Marisa likes this.
  19. elbo

elbo Registered

Please consider releasing a hotfix to allow escaping out of downloads when joining a server...the current way of handling it (i.e. forcing people to alt-crl-delete out or sit there waiting on downloads that you more often than not don't want, makes a mockery out of joining public servers.

20. Lethal

Lethal Registered

10° This bug happens when you select the option "None" in "Post Effects" in the settings.
    *10° This bug happens when you select the option "None" in "Post Effects" in the settings.
    POSSIBLE SOLUTION:
    SELECT ANY LEVEL OF POST EFFECTS.