Automobilista 2 announced, using project cars 2 engine

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by torig, Jun 1, 2019.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I bought the Sim this morning.
    At the price, that's super fair.
    And I'm really impressed. And that's just the EA! The FFB feels very pleasant.
    Sure, there is still a lot of work to be done, but as I said, this current condition is very good.

Tested Cadwell Park with Copa Classic and the MRC2000.
    I started 3 races in a row!

mesfigas and Magus like this.
  2. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

instant bought, instant refunded.
    AI is like in Project cars 2, a single file.
    Big big suspensions oscillations, bouncy supsension.
    No FFB at brake.
    Gaphics from 2017.
    Poor low cost content.
    the EA is an excuse, it's the 1.0 version planned, it's more a lie to not admit the game is bad.

3. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

As someone sitting on the fence at the moment I find the opposites of the last 2 posts fascinating.

At the end of the day I suppose I’ll just have to try it for myself.
    Not sure about complaining about 2017 graphics on this forum ;)

Gonna let it mature for a bit longer Before jumping in.

Appreciate feedback from rf2 drivers as for me is the benchmark for overall driving feel.

gabrielof, memoNo1 and Magus like this.
  4. Magus

Magus Registered

Tbh I am a little miffed as I would have thought if rF2 was your sim of choice you would not be disappointed by the feel of AMS2. But as you said, people need to try it for themselves. I personally disagree with points 2,4 & 5 and I'm not sure what is meant by point 2. AI definitely needed work last time I played but it has already come a very long way, so I guess I can appreciate the progress over someone who has only just jumped in.

I'm not sure what wheel people are using but definitely go out your way to calibrate the wheel & look on the Reiza forums for suggested settings.

5. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

even from rF2 drivers it's a hit or miss. I like it, lots like it, but there are quite a few that really dislike it as well.

Also
    this just shows that you want to bad mouth this sim no matter what. Complaining about the graphics hahah. That's the one part you can't really complain tbh

memoNo1, sherpa25 and gabrielof like this.
  6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Everyone should test it themselves (at this price).
    Graphics are ok.
    FFB is very good (very subtle).
    Physics are already good and give an idea of where it will go (to very good).
    The other studios do not sleep and learn as well (and develop themselves and their Sim continuously).
    You can definitely rely on Reiza!
    The AI, Reiza knows this himself and will bring it to a good level.
    Offline drivers are still valued as customers there. In the forum there is an exchange with the developers.

I like AMS2 very much.
    Clearly, "STILL" cannot keep up with rF2, or even RRE.
    But the guys from Reiza don't sleep (literally). I definitely see a potential sim here that will soon be at the forefront.

I am convinced of the potential even though I was initially suspicious of the SMS engine.

So, enough of that. I keep driving..:)

7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

ACC from 2019/2020 is far far better, the rain and night are amazing, the evolution is fast, using the 2017 Project cars 2 tech graphics is a little bit outdated. AMS 2 rain and night are mediocre compared to ACC, even Project cars 2 were more beautifull if I remember well.
    You don't care about the graphics, but I care about the graphics, I want the best graphics.

If you dont care about the graphics, go play :

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  8. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

And... ignored again (once in RD, once here) !

sherpa25, billyblaze and mantasisg like this.
  9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I will definitely gonne gwet into it despite I don't think it is good to my taste. I think Reiza did outstanding job with AMS1, then Reiza pack for rF2 is something that I use a lot, because it is just great. I don't think I'll like AMS2, because it seems like there is too much of PC2, however some stuff I watch looks quite good (such as just seen caterham video), but there is also some stuff that I seen that does look very much easier than it should. But gonna get it soon, so will have much better idea, overall I think Reiza is awesome studio anyway.

10. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Weel,i need to buy another HDD,but this is a hard time for me\all,very few money to spend in a sim right now,but is is the top of my list,thats for shure,that been said,thank you Reiza for all your hard work :)

memoNo1 likes this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Sorry, old fart here who hasn't kept up to date on acronyms. what does EA refer to?

12. DracoTorre

DracoTorre Registered

EA - Early Access; pre-release.

memoNo1 likes this.
  13. Mark Lloyd

Mark Lloyd Registered

I always felt that AMS was second only to rf2 in terms of physics and FFB, though I seldom used it, as I always had to turn the AI down significantly below 100% to be competitive, where as with rf2 I can often compete at 100% with official content.
    I've been wondering whether to pick up AMS2 or ACC and from what I've read here and reviews I've seen elsewhere I'll give AMS2 a big miss for the moment.
    I've avoided ACC so far because I feel the physics and FFB in AC are poor compared to rf2 and figured ACC would be similar.
    I've bought content for R3E but rarely use it.

I know "feel" is incredibly subjective, but does anyone have an opinion on whether the physics and FFB in ACC are better than those in AC?

Many thanks.

14. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

A lot. Tires and physics.

Mark Lloyd likes this.
  15. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

I try it yesterday, everybody says graphics are good, i play on everyting max except shadows on high, and i did not impressed by the graphics, acc move the bar very high and also even rf2 graphics seems better than this, at least looks more realistic to me.
    I will try further for the physics and ffb, but first impressions are not better than ams1

16. Emery

Emery Registered

Happy to see the progress Reiza have made, but since I'm limited to offline-only these days, AMS2 is not yet to a point where I'll buy. Plus I've sworn off early access titles.

billyblaze likes this.
  17. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Does anyone know if they have a technical support forum? I'm trying to find out why my PC reboots after every session.

18. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I have said the same, ACC gives a hard punch in the face to AMS2. Even Project cars 2 is more beauty for me. And rF2, has a better render, crisp picture, good color, AMS 2 is like a cartoon with these contrast and colors...
    I max everything with 2080ti i9 9900k with both games....

19. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

20200222025128_1.jpg
    rFactor 2 at 1440p ultra.....I prefer this, far far more beauty than AMS2 and the cartoon color and the awfull car modelization. And look at the prestigious track and cars, it's not the Fiat uno on a brazilian track....One car on the screenshot is more prestigious than all the content from AMS2.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    The Iron Wolf and FAlonso like this.
  20. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

20200312005736_1.jpg
    Assetto Corsa (1) at 1440p ultra, full modded, of course, second Highest standard after ACC, more beauty than rF2 i think, but only with heavy mods (I use reshade, sol, CSP)

edit: and I use personal PPfilter.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Tommy2Fingers and FAlonso like this.