Iracing in 2019

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Alcolo, Oct 8, 2018.

1. williang83

williang83 Registered

No doubt is far from perfect, the system should punish way more in my opinion at least anything beyond class C, probably they don't do it due to marketing reasons. That being said it is something that until today no one else offer. I'm sorry for you but i don't experience that many bad races, it happens once in a while but still nothing unacceptable, actually pretty rare for me. Anyway, i don't see how 66 bucks can be much if you have a job, c'mon that's basically one night out budget, specially when you consider that the hw running it cost like 4000+. It is like having a supercar but complaining about gas cost.

2. williang83

williang83 Registered

To add another piece of information, there will always be someone who will simply attempt to perform gamey overtakes/defense no matter how restrictive the rating system can be, this is a game after all. I see that my as responsibility to read the player, I cannot simply expect the others to be fully reliable. If i'm behind, faster and i recognize one of those players then i'll put pressure on him and wait for a mistake to overtake and leave him behind with a safe distance. If i'm in front and i see that it would not play clean, then i simply don't offer too much resistance, they will crash themselves out anyway in the near future, so i let him pass.

3. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The argument that 66 bucks isn't much if you have a job is pretty much the worst argument that you can come up with. FYI, I have a part time job next to being a student, so I am certainly not poor (actually I count as threatened by poverty according to my countries statistics :D), but I decide carefully where and how I spent my money as sim racing is just one of many hobbies. For another guy living in one of my neigbouring countries, especialy the further you go east, the relation might be even more extreme as wage levels might get lower and lower. So what seems cheap to you or me, can be very expensive for someone else. The 66 Euro is just the one year online fee for some mediocre content that wouldn't get anyone hyped if it was offered as a sim on it's own.

Regarding racecraft (poor and bad) and responsibility: I have see so many incidents with people not even being able to drive in a straight line in iRacing, that I don't buy the "It's your responsibility"-argument. I don't expect them to be fully reliable, but I atleast expect them to be able to know some basics. And from what I have seen, the iRacers aren't anything special in that reagrd.

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I paid 65 for rfactor2 at the beginning of 2013, if it were "iracing", only in membership would we be talking about € 455
    better not to talk about paid content, it's a joke for me ... I only complain when there are people here who complain about paying a dlc.but yes, then they talk about "iracing".
    Then there are those who believe that paying is the best!.
    I prefer to run in communities, where drivers respect each other infinitely more, each person must go wherever they want, but it is fun to have a post in the forum of rfactor talking about iracing.:cool:

5. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Registered

Have you heard about Nicki Thiim's comments about the new tyre model update in IR?
    Apparently he is not happy about it, does anyone have the link to this video?

6. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Is he ever positive about a simulator though?

7. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Let me put it like that: I watched the stream and the car spun in a really wierd fasion in that situation and given the fact that those pro drivers were all over the place was kind of wierd and indicate that there is indeed some kind of issue. On the other hand, he seemes to enjoy ACC and was having fun with rF2 aswell, otherwise he would have propably not turned up for a second race and he mentioned it in his last stream. And what he criticized about the different products was quite right from my perspective. I mean, now that we see so many broadcasts with rF2 it get's even more appararent that the sound is much more of an issue than graphics for example.

gabrielof, Travis, atomed and 2 others like this.
  8. Travis

Travis Registered

During his last few streams Nicki has called the GT3 & GTE rear tyres feel like tractor and NASCAR tyres and based on his real world experience, who can argue with him? Nicki stated the front tyres are fine adding the GTE cars on the older tyre model was near perfection. In his opinion iRacing has ruined the GT3 & GTE classes.

He also mentioned a special brake program people are using but won't talk about it in too much detail. He remains very happy with the online set up and tracks in iRacing.

Nicki loves ACC as he can drive the car like a racing car and not tip-toe around like he has to in iRacing. He's also been complemetary about rF2 when on track and his issues with rF2 stem from the old UI and the lack of in game information like iRacing and ACC have e.g. knowing when pitlane is open in rF2 saw Nicki receive multiple pit lane exit drive through penalties when he started the e-sports all-star races.

People here may scoff and say that's his fault however he doesn't have that issue in ACC or iRacing as the game makes you aware and it highlights some of the issues new people have when playing rF2 for the first time.

FAlonso and avenger82 like this.
  9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I got to say, a real driver not paying attention to the red light at pit exit is a pretty hilarious excuse. Next to the fact that you get an information in rF2 saying for what you get the penalty, it's much more of a problem that sims have become more and more simplified in some areas, especialy looking at the pit procedures, that it isn't necessarily the fault of rF2 for being just a bit more realsitic in that regard but people being too much used to those simplified systems. I have been playing more ACC recently now that my PC can handle it and there are some areas where I just have to ask - why???? The lack of colission in the pits in iRacing is a similar case, because it makes people believe that they have enough racecraft. Exiting the pits under red is pretty costly in real motorsports. :)

10. Travis

Travis Registered

As I said, it was Nicki's first time playing rF2 in quite a while and both iR and ACC are set up in the all-star mutliplayer races for the drivers to head out immediately for practice and qualifying.

Further, the real world drivers treat sim racing as a game (Nicki has stated this repeatedly) and want track time, not wait for pitlane to be open no matter how realistic it is for rF2's pitlane to be closed at the start of a session.

Ghosting cars in pitlane makes sense as it stops wrecks in the pits. Too many trolls deliberately crashing for the laughs as any public server racing often shows.

FAlonso likes this.
  11. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

yep rf2 needs ghosting car inside pit stop

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hey! I only did that once or twice, and it was after the race! :p

Travis likes this.
  13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Seems to me some drivers took advantage of faster pit in and pit out lines of travel. perhaps still allowing this ghosting, but add a tiny drag on performance while two cars are merged.
    Probably would then have to limit this effect to the trailing car.

14. Travis

Travis Registered

Listen to Nicki in this video.

15. williang83

williang83 Registered

I won't be watching a + 1 hour long ass video for him just saying iracing is the worst game without providing further constructive reason. By the way, i'm not here defending Iracing but if you want to play the share video game, not long time ago Lando simply said pretty and clear that for him iRacing is the best, is he right? Probably not, probably the truth is between. It is obvious that IR is the favorite platform of others drivers aswell not just Max Verstappen.

16. Travis

Travis Registered

Then don't watch it.

I posted the video to indiciate what Nicki thinks of the GT3 and GTE cars iR given he drives these cars in real life; he still believes the online aspect is the best in sim racing.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  17. JBruin

JBruin Registered

The latest tire update on iR is/was a disaster. While the grip levels seem better the overheating issue was not. Within 3-4 laps the car was undriveable as the tires were melting but having little to no wear.
    The online racing is hit or miss with each series depending on the series community and popularity. I have been a member since beta 2008 and so committed financially wise it's hard to just walk away. I don't buy content I don't/wont use and I only use it for the AI aspect now that is quite good and entertaining.
    I enjoy all the different sims and have most. I still fire up GTR2 just because it's still quite enjoyable to race.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@JBruin "sunk cost" :D

Every game offers something. Honestly I don't know how the complainers find time to so exhaustively test all their games and still launch into their informed and considered diatribes. So much driving to be done!

19. Binny

Binny Guest

v8 E series starts starts 25/8 2021 I bet the missing wing/boot and bonnet issue has still not been fixed, being shown world wide not a good look for v8 supercars or iracing. My point is do these developers not think this reflects badly on their product ? IMHO it does when they know of it and dont fix b4 holding a E series event.