Low framerate at Nurburgring Garages

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by vmgn021, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Sorry but i dont accept that,AC have the same track and the frame rate is always above 120fps in silgle player all in max whit no PPF,online around 70 whit 32 players,so yes,something is not working at 100%,is the only track in RF2 that i dont enjoy driving :)

pety100 and Neawoulf like this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

One thing you will learn about rF2. It is not just like other sims. Somethings that work effortlessly in other sims will be very obstinate here. If we had 5$ for every post that included a line similar to "it works in all my other sims", then we could probably crowd fund rF3.
    I'm not defending rF2, just trying to save you some angst.

pety100 and Rastas like this.
  3. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Me neither,my favourit sim is RF2,probably was a sily coment from my part,but is what i feel :)

4. stonec

stonec Registered

It's not the same track, or fair enough, it's the same "source" representation, but one is built for 2014 hardware (GPU's with 2 GB max) and other for 2019 (GPU's up to 8 GB common). You just have to lower the details. My bet is that rF2 version uses twice or four times higher texture resolution anyway than the AC one, so even with lowering the texture detail it would still be using higher detail textures.

Rastas likes this.
  5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

S397 Nords is sufficiently optimized in comparison of the last official tracks.

I do not know in which language say, can be in Chinese, but here it says that what is particularly badly optimized is the NURBURGRING GP, especially the first 2 kilometers.

The NURBURGRING GP.

The Nordschliefe is a well optimized track, but is also IMO not graphicly a real success. It is not ugly however.

6. Ronaldoz

Ronaldoz Registered

To me the heaviest track is Serbring with 12h Layout. Most VRAM usage and 1 place at the track will gives high CPU usage always. Nothing special there, but it just happen. This track runs great over here, no weird things. But I can image some places will use more CPU (garage).. beside 8GB VRAM is a need for rFactor 2. If not lowering settings.

7. kyllin

kyllin Registered

The Nurburgring is bugged. When I exit to the monitor the frame rate is horrible in the playback. When I exit back to the track, its stays at that really bad frame rate. Also, when I start a race, the frames are around 55-60 (100 less than any other track). I'll purposely hang back and when I hit the straight again, it will be running at 100+fps with all the cars, garage, etc. visible, unless I exit to the monitor and come back in, then it goes to like 30 fps. There's a bug for sure. My quick spec, i9, rtx 2080 latest drivers.

8. franser

franser Registered

I had mentioned it earlier, my graphics card is not as powerful as yours but in Mans, Sebring or any track it looks great at more than 100 fps constant, but in nurburgring in the pits and on the straight line it is drop to 30 fps or less and the image quality difference is not that great compared to sebring or le mans. I think it could be optimized

DrivingFast likes this.
  9. franser

franser Registered

Great graphic update for nurburgring and optimization, before I got 50 fps and after this update they easily reach 120 fps

davehenrie likes this.
  10. Rallymen007

Rallymen007 Registered

latest update with PBR stuff runs fine except the performance near pit garages with track detail on max/full/whatever where it drops on my machine from 72hz vsync to 30 lol. dropped it down a notch (along with world reflections?) and it's smooth

11. Ralph_Raccoon

Ralph_Raccoon Registered

My FPS also went down with the new update and other drivers i know got the micro lags on the GP Track (S/F and backwards @ Hatzenbach kink) back, that was solved with the previous update, so for me there is no optimization for me. Maybe the update only work for Radeon users properly?^^

12. Stephan Stiel

Stephan Stiel Registered