URD T5(DTM) - this is good?

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by R.Noctua, Mar 17, 2020.

1. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

I really like the DTM 2016 from S3, but I would also like to drive this series in RF2.

Is it a good fashion? Is it worth buying?

2. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

It hasn't been updated for a while but in my opinion it is worth it, and you can download the actual season skins from Race Department. If you look at one of my old vids I share the links in the description.

atomed, zi99y, coltair and 1 other person like this.
  3. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Good video, thank you! I should buy this. :)

4. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

They can use DRS?

I can't watch your video with sound because I'm at work. :rolleyes:

5. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Yes they can mate

R.Noctua likes this.
  6. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

It turned out that there was version for AC that I hadn't played in a long time. I bought it to refresh my memory... yeah, it didn't make any logic at all. :eek::D If im like it, I'll buy for RF2.

Thank you again!

7. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Mate you need to really work on setup with these cars and you need to tweak brake balance and pressure a lot.

8. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

I'll be testing tonight. :)
    I will try to test AC-version today and write an impression - maybe it will be useful for someone. All the more so you've been positive about the RF2 version, so there will be an opinion.

t0p5ecret likes this.
  9. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Yesterday I tested AC-version - it's an absolute blast. FFB on these cars is almost perfect, they are predictable and understandable, driving "at the limit" is a pleasure, because the behavior of the car can be assumed and not hope for luck - I appreciate it. The most pleasant thing is that it is not driving on rails, but the right (in my opinion) behavior on the track.

Is it worth buying? Yes, it costs every cent.

Minuses - in RF2 version motec-display does not display all information. This is frustrating.
    Minuses - in AC version wipers dont work. Blue exhaust.

If you compare it with S3 DTM 2016, I can say that URD-version looks a bit more interesting. The sound is very similar to RRE and it feels like it's recorded from there.

UPD: also bought the RF2 version, I'll leave my impressions later.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    atomed likes this.
  10. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

365960_screenshots_20200323222515_1.jpg A small opinion about RF2-verison: in some aspects it is better than AC-version. First of all, physics - I think that the RF2 engine provides more simulation capability or more accurate FFB transmission, so the feeling is slightly different. It's nice to see the wipers working, it's hard to drive in the rain, but it's quite interesting, the exhaust conveys colors correctly. I suppose in AC-verison it should be blue at the beginning, but then yellow as implemented in RF2. I dont understood how DRS works - AI opens it on every line. I didn't notice any gross mistakes.

But i've got it right about the brakes. You have to adjust them carefully, otherwise you will lose time and errors will be critical. Also in RF2-version there is no engine error at 1st gear. In general, the feeling that the RF2-version was done with love, and the AC-version did not have enough desire to finish everything. FFB in both versions is very informative and enjoyable. I would also like to thank dev of this mod for making the default chassis settings quite adequate - you just need to adjust a bit to your driving style. All three cars are different. I can't say the differences are critical, but it can be felt. The most friendly was Mercedes, Audi - a little whimsical, BMW - the most wayward.
    On the whole, thanks @t0p5ecret for the youtube videos - I am very happy to buy all verison this mod.

DTM starter pack:):
    URD T5: https://www.unitedracingdesign.net/shop-1
    DTM 2018 skins: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1586872017
    Hockenheim: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1430926955
    Norisring: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=944366700
    Assen: http://www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=3545.0
    I haven't tested the rest of the tracks yet, but I liked the tracks mentioned above. Imola is not a DTM track, but pretty nice. Of course, S397 Nurburgring GP is blast.

I hope this information is useful to someone.

P.S. Part my mini-review can be too "fanatical" as I'm very fond of DTM. To top it all - these are the only races that take place in my country (except F1) - because of the coronavirus I'm not going to St. Petersburg (Igora-drive circuit), although I would really like to see everything in real life.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    bobbie424242, atomed and t0p5ecret like this.
  11. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

sorry to say that and to sound mean but for me like many other URD mods are dead, like the team on rf2...
    the mods are good I don't regret having bought them all (well almost) but there's no follow up for a long time...no more news...nothing
    if you ask me I'd rather say don't buy even if the mods are good.
    sad to see a good team with nice mods end up like this...:(

12. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Yes, as far as support is concerned, it's very sad. I asked a question at the racedepartment about wipers AC-T5 and I did not get any answers from them, although they were online. But what questions can be talked about - it's been two years, and the wipers are not working and exhaust have a blue color... let that remain on their conscience.

I can't say it's critical for me, I got what I wanted - a brand maximum new DTM, that currently exists in simracing games.

13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

@R.Noctua,
    This is my hands down favorite content in rf2. I prefer 2012/13, because it has skinnable rim. Much better than R3E (due to rf2 physics). Cars are also fragile, which adds to the immersion IMHO :) Hope you like it.

caveat: visuals are outdated and unlikely to get an update. But I still enjoy it a lot.

atomed, coltair and R.Noctua like this.
  14. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Thank you, I'll try later, while I to use season 2018)

15. olligreen

olligreen Registered

Does anyone knows if its possible to use DRS correctly? As R.Noctua already mentioned, the AI uses it on every straight line. Some tracks does have correct DRS sections (e.g. racefactor monza) but most tracks not. Its ridiculous to push the button on every straight... Maybe its possible to deactivate it completely??

16. atomed

atomed Member

I think they only did that in practice and quali, not in race, but I may be wrong.

olligreen likes this.
  17. olligreen

olligreen Registered

Ah ok. I will check this. Didnt had a race yet :) just a few trainings

atomed likes this.
  18. atomed

atomed Member

I remember being absolutely frustrated in practice sessions after being hours slower and then in race thinking well, not that bad :D

olligreen likes this.
  19. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Registered

I have the rFactor2 version and am unable to figure out what the assignment is for DRS activation. I have tried rear flap and nothing happens.

20. lagg

lagg Registered

If you have assingned the Rear Flap and doesn't activate the DRS can be due to a cople of things.
    • The track have deactivated the use of DRS, try another track. The RaceRfactor Monza from the workshop has activated the DRS Zones.
    • You have a problem with the brake pedal and it's a bit activated. Assign a dead zone to the pedal.