Kickstarter to speed up UI, servers and ratings development t?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Registered

Re: "Day by day the things are going worst."
    - It is not necessarily day by day, but over time it feels to me like things are not keeping up any more. This after having used rfactor 2 on/off for many years & bought all content. As well as playing other sims.
    This is just me feeling. I really would like to feel otherwise.

Re: "The departments don't put effort in their work"
    - Completely contrary I think they do absolutely everything they can.

Re: "We are not well organised"
    - On the contrary I have stated directly that I never brought "Trust their dev ..." in to question.

Re: "he doesn't know if the quantity is OK"
    - No, but I stated that only in case of too little dev crew would my suggestion or any funding matter.

Re: "he doesn't now that this is not the first guy with this idea in this forum"
    - I would assume that I was not the first guy to post something like this. But why is that even important.

Re: "and he doesn't realize that it's a lack of respect to S397, to try to manage their company without knowing anything about them"
    - There is no lack of respect & there is no trying to manage anything, where did you read this?
    Only a guy that likes rfactor 2 & saying "I would join a kickstarter"/"I would back by subscription"/"I would back many things if that could help".

Re: "And furthermore, he has the solution. We need a million dollar to solve the project."
    - Never said anything about solving the project.
    Last reply to you was for $100k instead. I am not sure that would help much, though.

I am really sorry that I seem to have offended you guys. It was not my intention.
    My intention was only to (instead of doing absolutely nothing) at least check in a simple fashion if more people would raise their hands saying they too would like to back the company & product in any way.

I have never been met with such a hostile misreading of my words & putting words in my mouth before.

Despite this, I wish you both all the best & I am sure you both want the same as me, which is a shiny future for rfactor2 and some great times racing it.

Thanks for all, I'm out.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Community complained about £15 A YEAR for online subs model when ISI first released game.... Community complain about price of DLC constantly...

* Community = vocal minority

You think anyone would fund further development through the funding models you suggested?

3. lagg

lagg Registered

You should re-read your first post.

4. Karsten Hvidberg

I did a few times.
    Read it how you like.
    We want the same.
    Peace.

atomed and lagg like this.
  5. Karsten Hvidberg

I can see kickstarter prob. does not make sense. It was a quick blunder-post, based on good will mostly.

I don't know how big the core fan base is. If it was 500 then a fee of $50/year would contribute enough for one more dev in a remote location, possibly. Only worth it if that was easily achievable, maybe...

I don't want to annoy more people, so I will not post other ideas(which prob. suck too), since I do agree that the chances are slim to zero that they would lead to anything.

atomed likes this.
  6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Just to give you an idea. https://steamdb.info/
    steam.JPG

atomed and ItsBillyFrazier like this.
  7. Karsten Hvidberg

Ok, thanks, so can we assume ~1000 core, if we say that it's not the same 1k every day?
    Or is there a more precise way of saying, do you know?

8. Filip

Filip Registered

@Karsten Hvidberg
    I appreciate your enthusiasm and your intentions.
    But I also think idea will not work.
    I believe big majority of players wouldn't support it from various reasons, money being the primary one.

There is already a way to "crowdfund" development and that is to buy dlc.
    Probably even most of hardcore rf2 players from this forum don't have each of 52 steam store items available for purchase.
    If everybody buys content they already don't own then we are talking about big sum of money, I'd say measured in hundreds of thousands of EUR or even more.
    And that way devs and players would feel more satisfied than tipical crowdfunding, getting something in return.

Maybe best one can do at this point to support further development is to buy dlc.

9. Karsten Hvidberg

Thanks Filip, that makes sense.

Maybe if there were a few easily accessible official servers always playing DLC content in some officially organized fashion that could lead to more DLC adoption / more reason to get it?

Maybe the official DLC servers could be listed on some special rfactor2 page, so easy to join, not having to use the new UI until it works well enough?

(Maybe this is already in place? I have done singleplayer almost exclusively in rfactor2, but would prefer online if it was working in a simple fashion.)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    atomed likes this.
  10. williang83

williang83 Registered

Is this a joke?

11. Karsten Hvidberg

Heh, sounds like I stepped in some poop again.

Are there some easy to join official server with paid content only(maybe some non paid tracks) that are easy to join for qualification and race?

That would be great. Sorry to have suggested something if it already exists and I just did not see it.
    The nerver list that I see listed in the UI is long, not so populated and most of the times I ha e tried to join it failed me for some reason. So stopped trying some time ago.

I do understand there are all kinds of ways to participate in some more organized things, so maybe I just missed the obvious easy way that works well...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    atomed likes this.
  12. lagg

lagg Registered

13. Karsten Hvidberg

lagg likes this.
  14. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

I have bought all DLCs, except one, I consider this the best support and the most logical.

If S397 is experiencing problems - it is clearly not because of lack of funding.

15. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

[​IMG]

16. Jirka Gillig

Jirka Gillig Registered

How about fixing the bugs? How about releasing quality conent tha is actuually usable? Gte bug, gt3 bop, monaco ai?

Karsten Hvidberg likes this.
  17. Karsten Hvidberg

Exactly. Thank you.

At the same time IF the competition system is made to work really well that to me is the most important improvement and could be a game changer for Rfactor2. Accessibility/ease of use and the actually required pieces will need to work well of course too.
    If that is really happening I'm ok to live with the current state of everything else.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

scratch it, CBA!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  19. Karsten Hvidberg

?

20. Karsten Hvidberg