CS-closed BMW SIM M2 CS Racing Cup 2020

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikodem Wisniewski

Nikodem Wisniewski Registered

It wasn't the best race from my side. Sorry for a mess I did.

Risto Kappet likes this.
  2. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

I appreciate that all the critical infromation is now distributed, but a functioning system of results and archives would add a lot of value to the competition, both for the competitors themselves and all the fans and spectators.
    Couldnt we change your mind that its better to use unofficial functionalities rather than no functionalities at all? rf2loganalyzer systems are perfect, maybe S397 could approach them instead of ignoring them and become an official partner and use their services?
    I bet the competition system wont be coming any time soon and living in the stone age until then isnt the best option.
    Considering all the GT Challenge divisions you have to deal with too, im sure it would save your time in the end as well. They would all come asking for you for the same questions later anyway.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  3. rf2loganalyzer wont make it, I understand what you are saying, but that was never part of an option. I´ll see what can be done. But not today

Risto Kappet likes this.
  4. Jakub Brzeziński

Jakub Brzeziński Registered

Is there going to be a formation lap before the start? 15min formation lap doesnt sound like a good plan ;)
    Also, what is qualifying going to look like? If the format is the standard 15 min unlimited laps then obv that's enough time for one timed lap but how much time will we get before the server automatically switches to the next session? I mean if I start my timed lap with 10 sec left in the session will the server wait 7min for me to finish it?

5. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

From the round 2 gridmail:

"We suggest you bring a spotter for this round, so they can get in touch with race control and stewards. We might have to review a specific incident after the race, all this is explained in the forum post and the rules."

Does this mean there is some problem specific to the track that is likely to occour?
    Or I misunderstand and you simply mean that we should be better prepared to communicate penalties and driving incidents that always happen?

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It means that incident review might have to wait till after the race, that's all. A spotter can bring an incident to the stewards' attention, but it might be looked at after the race rather than acted on immediately - depends on the incident.

I'm assuming there's been some communication regarding IRR, or it's still just contact Jimmi via return email.

7. As a spotter i suggest you give lap count and both driver names and numbers, so we can review quick.
    But it simply means that sometimes stewards/me can´t make a call without having to check server replay. So no it does not mean anything cryptic ;)
    Exactly, for now yes. Unfortunately the only way to do it right now.

Risto Kappet likes this.
  8. Jakub Brzeziński

Also, I found today that there's not starting lights at this version of the track. How are we supposed to know when to start without SimHub?

9. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

sound is how I always did

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Timing page on the HUD. The laptime starts counting when the lights go green (or out). That's always been the backup in rFactor, it should be a habit to have it showing.

ADSTA likes this.
  11. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

This race was awesome to watch, again. Nice broadcast and awesome racing. Feel bad for Peev though, he did great, such a shame.

Risto Kappet likes this.
  12. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

That's the only way I do it, has been for years. It's always in the exact same place on the monitor no mater what track, unless you change your HUD.

13. DaveStunter

DaveStunter Registered

Are we allowed to run on Clubsport specs?

14. No, if you join it will boot you. However i´ve seen one driver that is actually capable of joining with it. So this is easy for us to test after the q, so dont do it.

15. Kristian Kwietniewski

Kristian Kwietniewski Registered

Hi!
    I didn't know anything about the Cup and Clubsport versions rules.
    I found it very strange that in 2 laps I was 1st against these aliens. ^. ^
    Remove my lap when you can and sorry for that, but I didn't know anything.

Regards!

Risto Kappet likes this.
  16. Marko

Marko Registered

When i drive single player, my time difference scale in official hud in second lap is not working well, it goes -9.999 after pit exit, so i have to make another lap ( better then first one) to get him working from start line. I see in official competition that is not a case. It works there as intended. Can you please share the way to set it up correctly?

17. Jakub Brzeziński

That's a bug I have as well. Wouldnt expect any solution for it but maybe someone figured it out?

18. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

The bug is a bit random, short story is that there is nothing you can do about it.
    I've found some correlation between where across the track you cross the line, but not sure.
    Anyway it's unrelated to the competition.

19. lagg

lagg Registered

The bug appears the next lap to your first lap with time (ussualy is the second lap).
    And disappears when you beat this lap time.

20. Marko

Marko Registered

That bug is not present in official qualification server. Second lap works normal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.