Released BOP GT3 2020 (Balance of Performance)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

See posts 17 and 18 above.

2. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

We had a race at Bathurst on Tuesday with the updates. Most cars were represented, but it was a little difficult to assess all the cars, as some drivers came in without doing much practice in certain cars. It did seem, that the Callaway may have been brought back a little too much, as some of the guys who normally are right on the pace were struggling slightly due to the power drop, though their setups may need revisiting to compensate? (the Callaway was only updated on that day). From what I saw, I would imagine there will be more people in the Mercedes & 720 in the next few races. One guy was getting fairly similar times in a variety of cars in practice, so perhaps the updates have mainly worked, in qualifying mode at least? I was in a 650s, which is unchanged, so can't comment from a personal perspective...
    Our next round is at Watkins Glen, which should be another kind of test to see how the performance changes has affected certain cars....

bwana, atomed and Patrick Schumacher like this.
  3. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

720S has always been strong to begin with so now It is even more so.
    I don't understand why you think the Merc has any chance of being competitive though, it's one lap pace is irrelevant, it is a car that can be thrown around a lot so maybe for one lap that helps but in a long stint it really suffers with tire overheating vs ,I think, all of the others.
    I drove the M6 at Sebring where I had recently raced the 720S and it was bang on pace and I know it's long run pace is on the money.
    Chris says they did both short and long runs with the cars.
    Strange considering the 911 nerf.
    Unless Rudy Van Buuren tested it and now all the community has to suffer because of his pace making the car look good or so I hear;)
    In any case, so long as they keep monitoring the situation and are willing to continue working on the BoP all is fine and this update is a step in the right direction.
    Considering the current popularity of GT3 racing it is actually a necessity.

4. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

He literally did ;)

Also the Mercedes being abandoned tells me there is a new model in the pipeline (like 2019 Audi)

Christos Segkounas likes this.
  5. Red Time

Red Time Registered

Thx for the BOP. Always felt that the Radical was drastically under-performing.

6. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

7. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

I am then,eagerly awaiting the participation of AMG in the newly announced S397 series and the results.
    In my opinion, that they left it unchanged means one thing: They didn't drive it:rolleyes:
    I stand to be corrected.
    If it does well that is, I don't want no tester coming in here "of course we drove it:mad:"
    The results you posted above are interesting but
    The highest caliber of drivers will be participating in this one, both the one-lap and race pace of the cars will be put to the test as well as on different tracks.

8. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

I just read the announcment of the GT Pro/Challanger Series. There you say the BOP will be reviewed after every 2nd race. Does this mean there is a special mod for this series or are these BOP updates for the main GT3 Pack and GT3 Challangers Pack?

9. Eduardo Henriques

Eduardo Henriques Registered

it is a very good question because the date of the second race of the GT Pro and GT Challenge occurs on different dates, 16 and 23 March, so it would be important to know when the BOP will occur and if it will affect GT3 Pack and GT3 Challangers Pack.
    My question concerns the fact that I will participate in a major endurance event in Portugal with this mod, and that event will take place on the 28th of March.

10. Eduardo Henriques

Eduardo Henriques Registered

Does anyone know any information on this issue. Any prediction of the BOP date, if it occurs?

11. BlackLord

BlackLord Registered

I don't understand why the Mercedes AMG is not changed. It is really slow, regarding the other GT3 cars.
    The AMG ist up to 5 seconds slower on the Sebring course.

12. Andregee

Andregee Registered

5 seconds are never ever BOP related

13. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

5 seconds slower than the other GT3 you mean? I really doubt sorry, yeah i agree that not receiving any BOP is a strange decision and yes, it's slower and with a huge tire wear compared to the others, but definitely not 5 seconds.

VirusGR42 likes this.
  14. BlackLord

BlackLord Registered

Well, in fact, it is very easy to test it by yourself.

Select the Sebring Full layout, select all Mercedes AMG GT3 as KI cars.
    KI on 100%, agression 50%

Then, let them run for example 10 laps training.
    My results of the best lap times:
    From 1st place 2:07.550 to 2:08.550 last place.

To compare, for example the Camaro GT3 was on 2:02.500 to 2:04.400

So, before claiming "can not be" - just try it out.
    I guess you guys all have rfactor 2 installed. :)

15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Are we maybe talking about AI pace? Because the AI of the AMG does have an overall meh pace. when i'm not absolutely wrong now...

16. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I have rF2 installed and i use it at least 4 times each week...
    I didn't know you were talking about AI, indeed AI are barely affected by BOP changes, what controll AI pace is some set of specific parameters aimed only to AI, they do not even use the same tire model (for obvious reasons). I would not insert AI pace in BOP discussions, at least not directly.

The Camaro GT3 is not mean to race against others official GT3 cars, and probably it will never be.
    According to the times you posted i see that AI are at least 6 seconds slower than what we, human, can do at Sebring, while the Camaro is a bit closer, so i see there is a potential issue with the GT3 and their AI, which is really slow.

Emery likes this.
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

AI have the same amount of power to push the same mass around the track. Often when modding a car the performance is pretty close without needing to play with parameters too much.

However, they do indeed use different tyres (which might be neglected during player-based BoP changes) and there are some parameters that can impact their laptimes. So judging the BoP on AI performance is simply invalid.

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  18. BlackLord

BlackLord Registered

Oh.
    In this case, I am very sorry for my post.
    Until now, I did race against the AI most of the time. And it is simply a bit sad to know that all the AMGs will always be the last ones to finish the race.
    That is what confused me, that all the other (regular) GT3 cars are absolutely close together in "AI mode", while only the AMG is really slow.

19. Comante

Comante Registered

Bop is a neverending process.

GeraArg likes this.
  20. Nico Barclay

Nico Barclay Registered

is this the last BOP made for the public? the one used in the 1st rounds of the GT PRO/CHALL championships? or did somethign changed? @Jimmi Allison u know? tyyyyy!