CS-closed GT Challenge Series S1

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Jimmi, where did i say i didn't have the setup for the race? I said we had 30 seconds to change the setup and doing other stuff, like deciding which tires to use and doing the needed changes, go to the bathroom, get a drink or whatever thing one can do before a race. And yes there is also fuel calculation since the difference in consumption between full wet and a drying track is huge, at least on the Aston Martin.
    I was just wondering if it was possible to extend the time to go on the grid by 1 minute, or 30 seconds, that's it.

2. Diego Barjollo

Diego Barjollo Registered

Ok, I was asking because in the Pro Race it was announced on the morning, and yesterday only a few minutes before the Practice started. I think is better to have more time to prepare the race, but anyway, its ok, I Will always be at the back because I am a turttle :D
    I think for me it's enough to participate and gain experience. ;)

Alejandro Diaz Reina likes this.
  3. Paul Holt

Paul Holt Registered

lol yeah i went to the bathroom before race 1 and was almost too late, didn't had time left to clean my vr lenses and put on my gloves haha but that i could do in formation lap :p

Daniele Vidimari likes this.
  4. But here it does state that sprint race starts just after qualifying.
    You need to stay ready once its close to 20:15, it was at 20:17 yesterday iirc, so its not like it was too soon. Just sayin´

Remco Majoor and Paul Holt like this.
  5. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

I agree you don't want dead air on a live broadcast. I wonder if you could fill it with a commercial from one of your sponsors and/or commentators going over qualifying results. Though, maybe you already had that and I don't remember.

6. I don't know, i am not doing the broadcast - i just relay what's been decided ;)
    I was very much focused on directoring, not seen the stream yet.

Bill Worrel likes this.
  7. Vladislav Tokarev

Vladislav Tokarev Registered

It would be cool to know the exact track configurations on the calendar, even considering the fact that now you can figure out the pictures in the classification table:)

8. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

@Jimmi Allison hi jimmi, for reasons of the coronavirus my work has changed the shifts of the staff to divide people into groups and shifts, I have touched the week of afternoons the day of the second race of the Gtchallenge in nurburgring, I doubt very much that I can run it for the reason explained above.

9. Georgi Nedev

Georgi Nedev Registered

Nurburgring GP layout I presume?

10. Yes

Georgi Nedev likes this.
  11. Ok, most people will hopefully be safe and have some more time to simrace these days.
    Stay safe guys, stay inside and game (not even a joke).

12. I Morales

I Morales Registered

Hi Jimmi, is there still any chance of getting registred for the 23th March Nurburgring race?

13. Split 1
    Race 1:

312 - M Vindis runs into the back of D Cannistraci
    Penalty - M Vindis - AC; DT

554 - V Polesny slides and is about to be overtaken by L D Amelio and closes the door, causing contact
    Also reviewed live - Racing incident

815 - T Hakkinen snap oversteer and leaves track and rejoins 2 corners later, with a second of an advantage
    Warning - T Hakkinen - TC

930 - M Krus spins and rams into the old pit wall, does a 360, but fails to lock brakes and car goes out to mid track and causes S Weijer to retire
    Penalty - M Krus - AC; SnH 60

Race 2:
    535 - S Weijer goes outside of D Cannistraci, Weijer turns in and spins off Cannistraci
    Penalty - S Weijer - AC; DT

745 - N Barclay reported to FTLB
    NFA, don't run into a stationary car and keep pushing it

907 - S Glatter fails to brake in time to avoid A Siebel
    Penalty - S Glatter - AC; DT

945 - Incident reported, not found

1067 - A Pinczes spins and fails to lock brakes
    Warning - A Pinczes - FTLB
    Please reivew our rules

1288 - A Lopez goes up the inside with plenty of space into T3, K Rotting fails to leave space and Lopez spins out
    Penalty - K Rotting - AC; DT

1442 - S Glatter runs spins A Siebel into T3
    Live penalty was already added for this

2938 - V Polesny blocks (please review blocking rules) and A Lopez goes for a gap which is not there, both drivers spins off
    We will leave it as a strong warning for both of you, blocking and trying to overtake outside track wont work. Please clean up the driving

Split 2
    Race 2:

P Holt overtakes A Appolloni, at the next turn Holt turns into the apex and Appolloni is not in a position to claim the apex, Holt spins
    Penalty - A Appolloni - AC; DT

Split 3
    None

Paul Holt likes this.
  14. Nico Barclay

Nico Barclay Registered

FTLB imposbile on ABS cars just sayin
    i think relalizing ur having a crash is hard, and u work out u dont have to come to a full stop to salvage everyone and ur own race sometimes u have to reverse into the grass :p even better would be having not to get crashed and spun but thats simracing today XD see ya on mondayyyyy

15. David Reed

David Reed Registered

Ok so when I sign into the Competition page it is Blank sing out sign in blank ????

16. Kane Halliburton

Kane Halliburton Registered

I'm not going to make this one

17. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

@Jimmi Allison When will penalties be applied, in race 1 or race 2?

18. 2

19. Mod updated (slight livery issue with a certain team submitting a car number they did not have).
    Aston / BMW
    Email sent out

Weather forecast looks bright and sunny
    upload_2020-3-23_9-22-37.png

Remco Majoor likes this.
  20. Stijn Handgraaf

Stijn Handgraaf Registered

Last race I had enormous fps drops, raced the whole race with 15 fps. I have encountered these issues before and I know its going to happen again tonight, so in order to not get in the way of anyone else, I have decided to skip tonights race. I hope I can fix these pc-related issues in the upcoming weeks.

Let me know if someone has a solution for these huge fps drop. Practice was all fine, Qualifying was all fine, but then the race (even with only 10 cars visible) was a hell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.