AI Tire wear is too high!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by unrealnoise, Mar 30, 2019.

1. unrealnoise

unrealnoise Registered

I'm really enjoy rF2 when I drive the cars, but I have a big problem.

I'm use the rF2 Log Analyzer. And that is show to me the AI has a too big tyre wear. Unfortunately I feel that same too when I'm in the race. I was checking the playse.json file, but I can't find any solution about my problem.

My problem would be fixed, if I can changes these thing like that:
    AI tyre wear: 0.8
    Driver tyre wear: 1

But unfortunately I don't see anything like that. I'm talking about that I would like that these things (AI and drivers tyre wear) will be separated.

This is not a big problem when I'm running a fun and short race, but I prefer really the endurance races if this problem will be fixed somehow. And yes, this is not a specific (one or two cars) problem, It is "standard". *

Maybe you can help me any idea!

Until this will fixed I will use Raceroom for a long run, this is sad to me after I paid so many contect for rF2. And yes, this is not my fail, my driving style is enough fast, and I haven't same problem in Raceroom.

* I'm wrong. Some tyre wear of car is good, some isn't. Nevertheless I'm like to see that this options will be avaliable for us.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There is a risk of having too many options, but mod creators may not all push the same which makes it hard for this to be consistent across all content - and therefore the ability to change it would help.

On the other hand, if you made the AI faster it might even things up a bit :D

In all seriousness, if you play some specific mods and they exhibit this issue you could contact the mod maker. If confirmed it's not a difficult adjustment to make.

3. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Dear All,

Can somebody tell me where I can change the Tire wear onyl fro the AI. I have TBC and TGM files as well, but I did not really understand what value I should change in order to reduce only AIs Tire wear.

Thank you in advance,

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What probably isn't obvious from the files is that the TGM is for the player physics, the .tbc is almost entirely for the AI (the couple of parameters that need to be right for player physics to work properly, should be correct if any attention is paid to the .tbc during development).

For you, I would suggest trying WearRate in the .tbc. Change the value by a large amount (an order of magnitude should work, so e-7 becomes e-6 or e-8, for example) to confirm that it's making a difference.

The player physics has wear (abrasion) defined totally separately in the TGM so you can make .tbc wear changes with no effect on player physics.

atomed and Philip00 like this.
  5. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Thanks mate, i will try this out

6. Goncalo Costa

Goncalo Costa Registered

7. atomed

atomed Member

I guess this only works for mods, as I only saw these files on the mod dev folder. Could other way around this be touching the ai brake and corner force and grip values? I tried lowering both 0.2 in a 15 minute race with DLC GT3s and 5x fuel consumption but they changed tires anyway. Lowering more made them too slow. Maybe we could mess with other values over there?

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I suspect the simplified AI physics won't allow the wear rate to be affected by their speed in that way. If there's a positive it's that these should be easy changes for a modder to make (the data, from testing, is the harder part) and when the mod is adjusted all players benefit.

atomed likes this.
  9. atomed

atomed Member

I see, so right now I guess there is no way to make official content cars pitstop for fuel only, because their data is encripted.

10. dosequis56

dosequis56 Registered

One of the reasons using AI with encrypted content isn't really feasible.

atomed likes this.