Automobilista 2 announced, using project cars 2 engine

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by torig, Jun 1, 2019.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I love this sarcasm! The heart laughs. :)

ADSTA likes this.
  2. lagg

lagg Registered

I don't know if some people realize that this is the first beta.
    Anyway i'm with @stonec
    It would be good to have some feedback (understood as information). Read things as "everything is bad" or "everything is perfect" is totally unusefull for people (as me) who are waiting to decide to buy or not (although i know that i will not be able to resist and i'll buy it :oops:)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm not gonna comment too much on the Physics at this stage as it's a Beta and things are/will change with so many factors playing their part (car physics, tires, track changes etc), I also can't compare to AMS1 as I put that down the day I got VR! I also can't/won't compare to pCars2 as I never owned that, however I am somewhat dismayed at the pathetic jibes saying this is "pCars 2.5" which is a load of crap as Renato has stated what's different under the hood, people are just not reading or simply ignoring what he says.

Best bet on those who are "on the fence" is to ignore any/all postings here & at RD until the actual First Proper release is out or perhaps nearer the release when we have the Release Candidate Builds, I'll come back then with more detailed thoughts on the Physics and overall game.

Needless to say, we've had one beta (at time of writing, next update due any minute now) and so far I'm loving, if it gets better from now on then that's a huge bonus for me and I'm sure it will!

4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

You're talking about AMS 2, and all the simulations involved in general......

But it's incredible.......

What I quoted from your post is EXACTLY, really exactly what that I feel when I think of rF2 (which is the only sim I use).

I am currently looking for another sim....

What a shame that ACC is only GT3.
    ACC with the same content as asseto corsa 1 and I stop rF2.
    (Or I reduce my use of rF2 to be precise.)

memoNo1 and Rui Santos like this.
  5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Exactly how i feel, had high hopes about AMS2 (not lost yet, but some percentage has gone), now i'm just waiting for something like "Assetto Corsa 2", probably my next big hope on the list...

memoNo1 likes this.
  6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

+1 !!!!!!

7. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

You have not tried pCars2 because you know that driving this "simulator" will not satisfy you.
    Many users feel that AMS2 and pCars 2 are similar and complain that their driving is not satisfactory as AMS1 did. Why do you think they are lying to you?

Personally I believe before the simracing community that some developers who want to sell their product.

8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

What part did you not understand where: I said that at the moment it is a beautiful shit ... we will see later ... if it was good I would say it, but it is a chestnut with a strong graphic engine and little else, ... the good thing is that It has content, but as a simulation it has a lot to wish for, we will see later if it progresses or not ... the defenders of something poor and disappointing, they remain in ridicule when you compare them with their comments on rfactor 2 VS AMS 2

Right now it is a disappointment for more than 110$, the future will be seen

Dady Cairo and R.Noctua like this.
  9. Heikki21

Heikki21 Registered

I think what many people forget or don't know, is the fact that the core of the Madness engine is based on the rF1 engine.
    Slightly mad studios was developed out of SimBin. SimBim split into Sector3 and Slightly Mad, to make it short. Both teams took the rF1 engine as their base.
    When NFS Shift was released, SM introduced their madness engine, which was developed over the years till a point when PCARS was released.
    So to sum it up,
    AMS1 - rF1 core engine + own dev.
    R3E - rF1 core engine + own dev.
    PCARS - also rF1 core engine but they added a whole new gfx engine + new tyre model
    AMS1 and I guess R3E both still use the Pajeka tyre model, Madness uses the SETA tyre model.
    I think because of the similarities in the engine, REIZA took the madness engine for AMS2. For sure it was still not easy to port all cars and tracks, but much easier then to go the ue4 way for example.

Well...What I want too say is
    ...Calm down guys ;)
    I think we are at a point, where we have too many good Sims and we are nitpicking for sooooo small details.... The only thing we achieve with that, is destroying the community feeling and also the motivation of developer's. I have to say I admire the calmness and way how REIZA and Renato are dealing with the community.
    Let's see what BETA2 brings today :)

10. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

lagg and ADSTA like this.
  11. stonec

stonec Registered

I don't think they are necessarily lying, but just because they are used to AMS 1 physics and AMS 2 now feels different, it doesn't tell us which game is more realistic. AMS uses a 15 years old rF1 engine which was built for Pentium 4 CPU's. It isn't a brilliant simulator by 2020 standards, the tire simulation is very basic. pCars 2 engine is physics-wise also much more capable simply because it's almost 15 years newer. As @Heikki21 pointed out, Madness engine is also based on rF1 engine. Whether they got all the equations right, I don't know, but pCars 2 engine has almost certainly more potential than rF1 engine.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Reiza said the engine is still similar to rf1, biggest change is tire model and live track
    PC2 is what it is more because SMS wanted it that way than any other reason so yeah you can make a good sim out of Madness, just like you can make an arcade out of rFactor 2. Ppl need to accept that and move on.
    Still think it'd be better for Reiza to keep the work they made on AMS tires and update from there, Niels would be still onboard I guess and they'd have more control over stuff. Making it deal with live track would be challenging tho, I guess they want to avoid having to do deep development so keeping it as is end up being better

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

eh? I have not tried pCars2 as I played the Demo - saw the AI was gash - so didn't buy it!

For the thousandth time - IT'S A BETA

14. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Uncle Christopher will come soon and close the "shop" for a few hours. :p:cool:

15. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Nah, he's probably thankful actually.
    "Hey, Marcel, look at this. They're finally picking on someone else".
    "Christopher, what have I told you about letting your guard down! They could just be practising for if this uneasy truce falls apart.".

16. LokiD

LokiD Registered

marc hey come on leave it, lets go and enjoy beta 2, where Ai can overtake in a draft :)
    hehe.

17. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Hmm .. if we both have to create a new account tomorrow because we can no longer log in, then you know. Hehe :D:p.

ADSTA likes this.
  18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

but only, if you miss the bacon :p

lagg likes this.
  19. romaFC

romaFC Registered

When is the release end of March?

Its not like they can drastically overhaul game in that short amount of time.

And if they do than that's not good.

You can notice the trend with rf2, ac, acc, iracing etc they all build on whats the base game. Nobody is rewriting part of physics code from scratch instead just adds new features.

I will wait on the sidelines.

So far most comments seem to lean that its evolution of pcars 2.

20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

They're not lying, they just got PTSD from SMS...
    Not at all...it's overall an evolution of AMS. It has its quirks, that are also aknowledged and will be adressed/sorted out, also many aspects have been discussed almost every day in the forums and already after one patch, things evolved, also noticeable things on the physics side. Some things are still WIP, like expected, but the progress is quite remarkable, if it keeps up its pace.

With BETA2 i can tell you right now, there is something developing in the right direction! It's not feeling like pCars2, it's feeling like an own simulation, even if it remembers sometimes of pCars2, because it's the same engine, duh :D Content quality is improving and the tracks and many cars are already a blast! AI needs some work, for sure, but also there, more is archieveable, than we think right now...remember, what they did with AMS1...

Don't believe the "FFB, sound and physics are pCars" stuff, guys, whait for release and more openhearted-/minded experiences. (No, i don't mean shilling :D )

It will not be the full fleshed out thing with 1.0 i think, but this was already communicated over and over again, so patience is required and trust of course.

Always remember: no hardcore sim developer does this job to cash-in, pump and dump and don't care any more about the product, they deliver. This is enthusiasm and passion driven, they're always improving, there is no real "bad" racesim out there anymore, regarding the known sims. It's not driven by quick money or even ripping off (i really read that somewhere). Have some trust. :)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020