Automobilista 2 announced, using project cars 2 engine

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by torig, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

This!

memoNo1 and DrivingFast like this.
  2. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

"AMS Remastered"

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

at the moment except graphics,... it's half shit:confused:

Rui Santos likes this.
  4. billyblaze

billyblaze Registered

No.

kimbo likes this.
  5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

- About the AI, I'm very worried, even SMS has announced they will update the AI, they have done the update, but they have only succeed to raise the aggression setting, the pCars 2 AI only fight each others well in the first lap, and after it's the train/snake with the same gap between each AI....
    I very doubt Reiza can change the pCars 2 AI they use.

- About the FFB and physics, after playing 2 hours in ACC and 2 hours in rF2, it's really hard to play with AMS2....I think they can update, but I (really) doubt they will reach ACC or rF2 level.

If it's good we all win, if not, ACC and rF2 will always be there.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    FAlonso and Rui Santos like this.
  6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

it's really not half shit ... it's a whole shit ... for now, we'll see later:(:confused::confused::mad:

7. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

So without sparking this off, is it worth me jumping in on this?
    I own AMS but really never got into it at all, and I really don't know why, it just didn't grab me like I thought it would.
    I own PC2 as well, I've had a few enjoyable races and hotlaps but I always gravitate back to rF2.
    I don't have a huge amount of time and the time I have outside of working on AIWs etc. I want to enjoy my racing.

8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I truly do not want to spark anything either. I fired it up, checked what's available, started Monaco (yes, it looks good visually), but I have no desire or interest to turn it back again, primarily because I found no content resembling real life series there. And as there's no modding - this is it. I'd say if you do not care about grids resembling real life events, you might find it enjoyable. I might fire it up again one day for superkarts, but I am not sure...

And I know the feeling about rF2 - there are nice games out there, but I just keep coming back to rF2 and can't escape it :D

9. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Thanks for the feedback mate appreciate it.

memoNo1 and The Iron Wolf like this.
  10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Yes, as far as our hobby is concerned, we have become sheep of the rF2 herd. You are what you are. The grass in our own meadow still tastes best. :)

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Just to pick up on this there's plenty of Real Life Series content already in the beta (with more to come before full release), I don't have the exact list though.
    That's the beauty of this sim for me, it doesn't follow the trend of every other Racing sim in that it has some obscure and unheard of (outside of Brazil!) content, some of the tracks for example are amazing fun.:)

For sure it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but for me personally I'm loving it already. The VR performance is incredibly good, the immersion of the weather changes is very good, directional sound, AI improvements to come in Beta 2 (much needed), plus a while host of other features.

Personally I'm not fussed about lack of modding support, that's what i have AC and RF2 for, ACC/RaceRoom/AMS2 can live without it.

LokiD and CrimsonEminence like this.
  12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I'm with Marc here. For people that don't want to care about ams2 I would keep an eye out for it at least.
    . It will have a lot to offer and for me it's already one of the top sims.

Trust me just keep an eye out and try some thing new. Ams had some of the best designed cars in sim racing. And from a physics ffb pov too, 2 will only improve on that with time.

So be stubborn and miss out, just like people who don't play Rf2 for being a buggy product with unfinished dlc they're missing out on a great driving experience.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

^ I agree with, don't miss modding in r3e/ACC. Miss it in AMS2 though, but it is simply not my cup of tea then :) which is fine, ain't it?

That said, I am curious how 90s DTM and GT3/GT4 will look like there. Boring, I know :D

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    MarcG likes this.
  14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I understand, but right now i need to make choices, and i don't want to be wasting money on a "Project Cars 2.5" to leave it on the shelve, that money is more useful to buy content for rF2 for example...

When it comes out, if they fix the "driving an historic F1 with slicks on rain with ease" behaviour maybe i'll buy it, until then i'll wait for more feedback from trusted simracers...

Emery and DrivingFast like this.
  15. ItsBillyFrazier

ItsBillyFrazier Registered

I've decided to bide my time with AMS2 and watch from the sidelines, I hope it works out, but with ACC taking almost 1.5-2 years to "git gud", i reckon it might take Reiza a similar time frame or probably longer to get where it needs to be.

Also the whole experience of long and extensive Beta/EA periods in games is becoming too much of a grind for me personally.

While ACC is a solid sim now, that ~2 year wait for it to reach its potential sort of left me a bit deflated. I kind of regret jumping in early as I reckon I would have a far greater opinion of ACC now had I picked it up more recently.

While AMS2 looks great visually from some of the vids posted about the place, the sound and feedback on AI are of concern to me.

I mostly race offline so the AI needs to be on point if I'm to enjoy a sim. Anyway, i think it's far too early to write the sim off given its still in beta but I just don't have the patience to wait for update after update anymore.

romaFC, Emery, DrivingFast and 3 others like this.
  16. stonec

stonec Registered

You've stated that twice now. I'd be interested in hearing actual feedback of the game. For me to say that something is crap, that means the game must have massive flaws. What are they exactly? I keep reading the same stuff on RaceDepartment: "oh, it's pCars 2 again, not worth buying". But very few people actually go into detail what is wrong. If it's just a thing like some people don't like pizza with pineapple, then ok, it's a matter of taste then.

17. lagg

lagg Registered

Pizza with pineaple is a whole shit multiplied by two!!!
    :p

18. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

2 years, pffft. Deflated, ha!
    We've been crushed and tortured by rF2 for 8 years and 2 months (on Tuesday) and they were the happy times.
    ;)

R.Noctua, JimmyT, Emery and 3 others like this.
  19. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

The problem is simple, AMS was a simulator with brilliant physics and a mediocre visual. AMS2 is a mediocre simulator with a bright visual. If physics was your best weapon and do without it to use the physics of a vulgar simulator. Nothing will work.

juanchioooo and Rui Santos like this.
  20. ItsBillyFrazier

ItsBillyFrazier Registered

Lol - well I'm still an rF2 blow in... only playing about 2 years but if I was here from the start, I'm sure I'd feel the same as you. But the moments of greatness in rF2 go a long way for making me overlook some if it's shortcomings.

ADSTA and The Iron Wolf like this.