PrestoGP Season 23 - FSONE 2009

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by David Turnbull, Mar 1, 2020.

1. David Turnbull

David Turnbull Registered

[​IMG]

Hello and Welcome to the Official PrestoGP Season 23 Sign up

PrestoGP has a long standing history of fun and fair racing, and we are now going into our 23rd Season, we are always on the look out for like minded racers who value community spirit as well as the fun that close racing can bring. The new season will start on the 18th March 2020 this season we will be using the FSONE 2009 and following the F1 calendar as closely as we can.

Firstly please read our guidelines/rule's to make sure we are the league for you.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/new-prestogp-rules-guidelines.103290/

If we sound like the league you'd be interested in participating in then please read our General Info and Calendar thread's to make sure you are available on the date and time's shown.
    https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/s21-calendar-thread.157189/

23rd Season Race Calendar

Melbourne - 18th March
    Bahrain - 1st April
    China - 15th April
    Zandvoort - 29th April
    Barcelona - 13th May
    Azerbiajan - 27th May
    Canada - 10th June

Red Bull Ring - 24th June

19:00pm Practise - 1hr

20:00pm Qualifying - 10 mins
    20:10pm Warmup - 5 mins
    20:15pm Practise start 3 mins
    20:18pm Race1 - 20 mins, Reverse Grid from Qualifying
    20:38pm Warmup - 5 mins
    20:42pm Race2 - 50 mins, Qualifying order

21:32pm Post race discussion

All Times UK

We thank you for taking interest in PrestoGP and we hope to see you all on track.

Please head over to RaceDepartment to sign up to the new season CLICK

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  2. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

FSOne 2009 was one of best ever F1 mods for rF1, used it for a league in 2011. The rF2 conversion seems like the cockpit cam is pointed up a bit, otherwise still a great mod. Just wish I had time for league racing. If the server is open for practice I might join just to take laps.

David Turnbull likes this.
  3. David Turnbull

David Turnbull Registered

Hi John, yes we have a server up for practice :) I also used to love the mod in RF1

4. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I thought it was only me. I had the camera way up. What do you think about the physics?

5. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Physics are pretty good. Back in the rF1 version the suspension geometry was pretty similar to the geometries used in those days and the single player version even had subtle differences; but I can't say they were copied from the actual cars and its highly unlikely they were.

Tire grip and behavior was modeled to respond very similar to the real cars based on wear, grip, and even flat spotting.

Engine power was pretty close regarding power curves, although the KERS systems weren't enabled, mostly limited by the software of the day.

Love the 7 speed gearboxes of the era, I still enjoy the 2005/6 Champcar mod partly for that reason.

The real cars had on-board Anti-Rollbar adjustments although for the most part they were an on-off function or at least not very linear, and mostly used to correct handling when tracks cycled between dry & wet.

Excepting the ASR2019 F1 mod I like the physics better than any of the modern F1 mods although the Formula Sim mods come pretty close.

Graphics need a major rework as they haven't been updated to recent standards.

avenger82 likes this.
  6. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Today China race. I didn’t have much time to practice, but I hope I’ll make it today.