[DevMode] Holding clutch button while in garage menu causes car to freak out & go flying.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by FRMracing, Feb 29, 2020.

1. FRMracing

FRMracing Registered

Title: [DevMode] Holding clutch button while in garage menu causes car to freak out & go flying.
    1. Where do I report this or is this site optimal?
    2. Should I provide a trace log?

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I just tried it with the stock car and track, Skip Barber @ Joesville holding down the Q button and had no issue.
    Were you using the stock content?
    Any traces, screenshots, video, information is always helpful.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There are some keys that do special things in devmode. What do you use for clutch?

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I found that out. Don't use the default Enter for cycling through the LCD screen. o_O
    No flying cars though, only caused an Adsta to freak out (not really freak, but another f word was used).
    Is there any known list of the possessed keys Lazza?

5. FRMracing

FRMracing Registered

-=EDITED POST=-
    So it was a symptom of the car not having it's .tgm's referenced properly, I had overlooked editing the .tbc file while mass-renaming files... Whoopsie
    -=OLD POST=-
    It was bound to control (I used default AZ controller then setup my T300RS from there, no clutch, so it was set to control by default.)
    Also I haven't tested yet but I fixed a big bug in the car I was driving (modded EVE F1 '68 car @ modded ISI Belgium '66) so this issue might just be a symptom of the car bug (.tgm's weren't referenced properly).

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    Lazza likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@ADSTA The only one that comes immediately to mind is either just Ctrl, or Ctrl-Shift (I think it's both, but might be wrong). By itself the car tends to slide by itself, then you can use arrows to move it in certain directions. I don't know if there's a list somewhere, I guess I've thought a couple of times I should compile one for myself (because after a while it's easy to forget, and there have been changes since the early rF2 days) but I haven't got there yet.

@FRMracing tbc/tgm mismatches are mentioned in the documentation somewhere, I think I haven't had enough of a discrepancy when testing to have the car flying (lol) but I do fairly quickly check the correct radius by switching between the two (Ctrl-T?) so the strange effect is I guess somewhat expected. Glad you found it :)