SOLVED [DevMode] AI going wrong way down pit extension, then crashing.

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by FRMracing, Feb 29, 2020.

1. FRMracing

FRMracing Registered

Let me get this out of the way, I've made about 20 or-so AIWs & only once before have I used the pit extension option... trying to create a pit extension was the last AIW I worked on because of this same issue that forced me to recreate the AIW ~30 times, then I just quit rFactor 2 all-together. So I'm not new to this, but I'm new to the pit extension which seems to have jack squat in terms of online documentation & I need it for classic tracks where the pitlane & garages are seperate.

Well I'm back at it and even more frustrated now... -_-

ANYWAYS, I follow the general procedure of creating an AIW... I did the pits, garages, grid & aux points first. Save & exit. Record mainline, then find corridors. Save & exit. Record pitline (the one that connects on both ends to the mainline (ie the pits), delete extra waypoints, connect branches, find corridors. Save & exit. Record pit extension (ie the garages that are separate from the pitline), connect the end of the extension to the mainline or pitline (depending on the track (ie Belgium 66 vs Brianza)) and find corridors. Save & exit.

Now if I send out AI after doing all of this, they go backwards up the pit extension, then turn around and crash because these are the 1968 EVE cars that turn in slow corners for shit. Please help, I'm so close to giving up again because it's not worth the frustration.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Did you cap the end of the extension(the one that doesn't connect to anything)?

3. FRMracing

FRMracing Registered

How tf do you cap the end? I never read anything about being able to cap a line (or noticed an option) 0_o...

4. Coutie

Just select the last waypoint, there should be an option called cap end of extension or something like that.

5. FRMracing

FRMracing Registered

Ooooooooooooooh no way! Thank you Coutie, I'll try it now. Feel like a doof...

6. FRMracing

FRMracing Registered

It doesn't do anything...?

7. FRMracing

FRMracing Registered

8. FRMracing

FRMracing Registered

I've gotten it to work before at Brianza but I have no idea how...

9. FRMracing

FRMracing Registered

To add to this, pressing the add a cap button doesn't print out any text telling me it worked & the waypoint/waypointconnector doesn't change at all, how do I know it's working?

10. Coutie

Can you post a picture of the path from the aiw editor?

11. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Normally i would expect that the entry of that waypoint in the aiw file should change, if you cap the end.
    Have you checked that?
    Is the aiw for an existing track (which one exactly) and if yes, would you upload your aiw file here, that we can check it?

12. FRMracing

FRMracing Registered

I got it working ^-^
    I think I did the cap end wrong the first time. I redid the AIW again because I'm insane (repeating actions thought to be impossible) and after reloading the track it worked, not sure what I did wrong the first time I tried capping the end. Also not sure why I got Brianza working without an extension cap. :shrug:

13. Bernd

Bernd Registered

As far as i know, not to cap the end of the pit path extension, will cause problems in multiplayer, where drivers get "wrong way" penalties.
    And from the behaviour that you have described, it makes sense. ;)