Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

If the new UI isn't working for you just Opt out of all beta and use the default UI.
    Select and Accept All Cars and Tracks.
    Not very weird.

2. Miguel Soares

Miguel Soares Registered

Good afternoon I am having problems with the beta installation of the error says that this is trying to access the steam work shop and does not start. someone already had this problem and solved it. i need help to solve thank you
    Ps: I'm sorry for my bad English

3. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Defects of the new interface, the replay is not complete (gearbox ratio, speed etc...) incomplete choice of cars, shaky image, incomplete loading of circuits at 78%, erroneous loading of the set-up for the cars.

Emery likes this.
  4. Patrick Craenmehr

Patrick Craenmehr Registered

I don't like the last updates to the new beta UI. Starting up rF2 has become very slow. After the logo disappears I see a white screens for more than a minute and then the UI finally appears. Also updating packages takes forever now and when that is done a restart is necessary and the waiting starts again. I did not have these issues on the first release of the new beta UI, so what changed? This way it has become unworkable for me and I will switch back to the old UI soon if this is not fixed.

5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

When opting into the new menu does it install the whole sim again or just the UI?

6. lagg

lagg Registered

Only the UI. It's very quick.

Alex72 likes this.
  7. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Thanks mate. :)

lagg likes this.
  8. sman

sman Registered

i have the same Can only select Pace car And NO OPTION for All CARS and TRacks

mixer61 likes this.
  9. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Is it possible in the weather section, to set the first tab (Humidity, temperature, wind, etçª) and paste it to the others so we don't need to set one by one, which is pretty annoying? Thanks!

DrivingFast likes this.
  10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Rui Santos likes this.
  11. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I always thought Humidity, temperature, wind have no affect.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

AFAIK you're correct, they don't do anything.

13. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Temperature, at least, influences the engine, or the radiator setting... problem is that in rF2 we only "guess", nobody knows what does what or what works or not. Anyway i would like to have a way to configure a session without changing every tab...

14. myself9

myself9 Registered

I tested out the new UI yesterday. As a graphic designer, my opinion is that it looks kind of amateur-ish. Not particularly "modern" design, not much consistency in layout between screens, fonts too huge, unclear what's a button and what isn't. Not being negative, just my professional constructive opinion. :)

The flow seems a little convoluted and unintuitive at first. I found it a bit easier to navigate if I used "list" view. I would prefer that list view be the default rather than the graphic interface - it doesn't provide enough information on a single page.

Most of the vehicle icons appear as question marks which I would imagine is due to the beta status. I fear that modders will not jump through the hoops required to create icons for their vehicles and we'll all be looking at a screen full of question marks, which stresses me the hell out for some reason :)

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yes the question marks WIIL be the responsibility of the mod creators or private users. Which means some will never be updated. Also mod makers are Leary of further changes to the UI that may break the car icons, so some of those people are holding off creating the required images til further development occurs.

16. Travis

Travis Registered

I have an odd bug with the new UI.

I've elected not to install cars and tracks from the Reiza DLC; with the old UI there is no issue with these selections being recognised. With the new UI all of the Reiza cars and tracks are downloaded.

I've set the Launcher.config to read only and with Disable Workshop Auto-Subscribe:True

Any ideas how to fix this?

17. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

@Travis I am going on a thought here :eek: with no actual testing as I am on the default UI.
    The Launcher config won't work with the beta UI because there is no Launcher in the beta UI.
    Or is that too logical.:oops:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    R.Noctua likes this.
  18. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

I have formulae_2018 updated every time (trying to download). And it cannot be undone in any way.

I bought only FE Gen2.

19. CIP060

CIP060 Registered

In the next update can we put 2 buttons to open a dedicated server?

20. CIP060

CIP060 Registered

Possible to change the name of the dedicated server when using the new interface
    If I open a dedicated server and try to open the game with the new interface it tells me that the game is already launched