Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

2. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

sophia flörsch leading ? :D:p
    I dont know, i ran 2times into the pileup, maybe its the mod ? Or i made a mistake installing the rfcmp ?

Eric Rowland likes this.
  3. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

That shouldn’t happen there I have corridors in place to restrict it to 1 car as per the real tracks permanent yellow flag. I’ll run a couple of races again tonight and see if I can replicate it. What mod is it?

Edit I see it’s the SMMG F3s, that’s really odd I specifically created the FAST_OW1 path for them and tested with that mod.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  4. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

ok, so it must be my fault , i check tonight

5. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

It might not be mate I will still check tonight and see if there is an issue, then fix.

6. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

First post updated with new Macau 1.1, if you have it installed uninstall the current 1.1 and install this new version please. Onto Adelaide now.

memoNo1 and ItsBillyFrazier like this.
  7. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Tatuus FT-60 works very well at Macau. Did some first laps yesterday without problem. Other Tatuus´s (F4, USF-17) do not so - strange. Tatuus FT-50 seems to have a big stuttering problem with the Macau track (not AIW related)

8. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Thank you so much mate! :cool:

Do the AIW files go into location/track and in some folder there?

t0p5ecret likes this.
  9. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Hey mate, what I’ll do tonight is start packaging anything that is an AIW as an rfcmp so you can just install it via package manager. I realised I left Lester as an AIW. There’s a video on my channel on how to do it if you want to have a crack though.
    How to add a new AIW file to a track in rFactor 2

atomed and Alex72 like this.
  10. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Thanks a lot for all your work mate. If i wasnt sitting looking for a job right at this very second i would have chucked a couple bucks your way. Nothing says i cant do it later though. rF2 is never leaving my SSD.

11. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Mate I hope you find something, and no worries, all good just hope people get some enjoyment out of it.

12. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Thought I’d post a quick update so you all know where I’m at.

Adelaide currently being worked on.
    Quebec Superkart RT4 (Bridge) currently being worked on.
    Patras currently being worked on for @Trev Rich
    Cote D’Azur small tweaks still being done and each update I pass through to @Rene Buttler for S397 to review
    @Corti, @philrob and I are working on 5 awesome tracks at the moment
    @Andrea1968 is working on another track I can't talk about at the moment and I started the AIW work for this last night
    Macau I keep looping back on this and tweaking it as I have time as I really want this one to be reliably usable through turns two, three and the hairpin.

So lots in the pipeline plus everything else that's on the list, I had a run at one of my all time favourite tracks last night, Road Atlanta, with my all time favourite JDM car that @Rastas send me to try out and I realised that it really needs some TLC with regards to the AIW paths so I'll fit that one in asap as well.

I'll probably do more of these updates unless people get sick of it and it just turns into a thread of me posting

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    pkelly, Alex72, Hazi and 9 others like this.
  13. ItsBillyFrazier

ItsBillyFrazier Registered

Good stuff Mark, sounds like you will be a busy boy with all that you have going on!;)

Looking forward to new aiw's and the tracks you guys are working on.

Alex72, memoNo1 and t0p5ecret like this.
  14. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I'd like to start getting back to putting some videos up as well as I finish a track.

Alex72, Vanisch, davehenrie and 5 others like this.
  15. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Quick update I expect to have Adelaide and Road Atlanta up in the next couple of days.

Also I believe I am still allowed to update the Formula ePrix circuits so I’ll start cranking those out, however the stipulation is people will need to package that themselves as I’m not allowed to provide them as a track update package.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    Manfredk2, Corti, RoboCAT10 and 4 others like this.
  16. atomed

atomed Member

Hey Mark, just discovered your work, it´s amazing. However, I´ve got a question, when the AI has to stop for refuel and takes new tires even if it doesn´t need to... is that a matter of AIW? Or just some settings to tune in the general AI behavior.

Thanks a lot for what you´re doing, it gives offline racing a whole new dimension.

17. Bernd

Bernd Registered

In case of the formula e tracks, i'm pretty sure that @Garitt Gibsn will update the tracks with your aiw, if he also thinks that it is an improvement. ;)

18. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Hey mate, yeah already have a dialogue going with Garitt just been a while since I touched a track and have asked if it’s still ok for me to update them.

19. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

To be honest mate I haven’t looked into it that much, fuel usage is track AIW dependant, however make sure you allow quals to finish and don’t skip to next session, also did you do a fast rolling start, standing or normal rolling? Which track?

20. atomed

atomed Member

Laguna Seca with the GT3s, about 105 strength and 25 agresion. The start was a normal formation rolling and I let the sessions to end. My doubt is if there is a degradation rank or time loss or whatever that can be set up in the track settings to let the AI to decide in each case. That would add some kind of strategy to mid-long range races.