Unable to start rF2, can't get past launcher

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by a1gpmatty, Feb 22, 2020.

1. a1gpmatty

a1gpmatty Registered

Since the update during the week, I haven't been able to get past the rF2 logo screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and this doesn't solve the problem. I have attached the trace file which is showing tons of issues for many things but unsure what to do next, any ideas? I can access Dev mode but not SP. My system specs are:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
    NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal)
    16 GB RAM

Attached Files:

2. simonk1809

simonk1809 Registered

Hi, I have the same problem. Worked fine on Thursday evening, come to start today and it will load as normal in both multi and single player, then will go back to launcher as start up should commence.

Have tried to find a cure but nothing, emptied cbash and shaders folder, checked integretty and even uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing.

The only thing I have noticed is that there is only the opt out of all betas in steam property menu.

Please help, thank you:(

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

That is a nasty looking trace file @a1gpmatty. Yours took 233 seconds to get to the sorting out your plugins, where mine took just under 3 seconds. One non vital thing about your trace file, we have been told that the highest the trace needs to be set is trace=2. Higher numbers does nothing.

When you un-installed rf2 from steam did you then clean out the remains of the rFactor 2 folder.
    Steam leaves a whole lot of things there, Steam only removes the core and leaves all the user data.
    Like all the little server files and downloaded skins etc.
    When you reinstall with all that still in the rFactor 2 folder the game tries to match it all up and sort it out, rather unsuccessfully.

Also what is the IRG_Plugin_x64.dll
    It's not on the do not use list but I couldn't find much about it.

4. a1gpmatty

a1gpmatty Registered

Not sure what it is either lol, but I think I've found a solution! I renamed the UserData folder and let the game create a new one and that seems to have solved the problem so I guess something corrupted in the old UserData folder. @simonk1809 Try this

ADSTA likes this.
  5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

6. simonk1809

simonk1809 Registered

Thank you but found the issue. I was trying out a used thrust master steering servo for a mate. The issue was with the software update, went on to their website and downloaded the driver from there and hey presto all working. Don’t you just love pc’s

7. Connor

Connor Registered

Head Melted With RF2 Once again It Refuses to Start what is with the the SIM ?? Will it do this with every New Up Date ?? If So Should I enroll in Computer Studies ;) Little Help Please

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Do what a1gpmatty did. If that doesn't help, try giving more info. Maybe even start a new thread.

9. Connor

Connor Registered

Cheers Lazza ,
    I have tried that and also did a Full Reset/reinstall of rf2 But same result .. Steam VR seems not to respond automatically on start up ?
    But will try again even if Pro cars is sitting there with its hand in the air and a smug look on its face :confused::(:eek::rolleyes:

10. Connor

Connor Registered

Nope still no joy

11. Connor

Connor Registered

Uninstalled and it can stay like that till they fix it if they fix it

Marisa likes this.
  12. lagg

lagg Registered

You could start a new thread explaining your problem, because it seems to be different to the a1gpmatty's problem.

Connor likes this.
  13. Connor

Connor Registered

How & Where .. the last time I tried to start one I inadvertently posted in the middle of some other chat subject and some muppet clearly felt offended by the change of topic LOL

OK OK Found It ( I know yea's are all jumping to help ;):cool::p) Cheers

lagg likes this.
  14. Connor

Connor Registered

Cheers lagg :):D did that & it's sorted happy dayz :D

lagg likes this.