CS-closed GT Challenge Series S1

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Intro:
    Drivers get ready! Our first big 2020 competition is coming your way.
    Welcome to the first GT Challenge Series. The challenge series will support multiple splits.
    Based on the hotlap qualifier, the remaining drivers that didn´t made it into the GT Pro Series yet, will be sorted into (up to) our 4 splits with 30 drivers each.
    While the Challenge Series has an overall ranking which determines who goes up to Pro Series or Relegation after the Season (which is 6 Rounds long), after every 2nd race we are looking at the points accumulated in just those 2 races to determine the promotion/demotion between splits. Means, if you are Top 5 of split 2 in terms of scoring in those 2 races, you will start in split 1 for the next races, if you are (as another example) bottom 5 of split one in terms of scoring in the last 2 races, you will start in split 2 in the next races. As you can see, the grids in Challenge are more fluid and with this we try to always match you with a great group to race. Promotion/Demotion between split 1 and Pro Series only happens once a season tho, after all rounds have been finished, based on Overall Points.
    Read more on our website

Required content:
    We will be using our 2 GT3 packs and also Nurburgring, VIR, Imola, Sebring and Le Mans

Splits:
    We will support several splits.

Broadcast:
    There will be a stream for our top split

Livery submission:
    As per rules, we require a custom made livery, the deadline is 27. February at 20.00

Name vs nickname:
    We require every participants to use their real name in game, in our competition system and on our forum. We need to be able to recognize you. If you have a nickname and need to change it - contact our staff.

Season schedule:
    9 March: Silverstone - Replay Split 1 | Replay Split 2 | Replay Split 3 | Incident reviews
    23 March: Nurburgring - Replay Split 1 | Replay Split 2 | Replay Split 3 | Incident reviews
    6 April: VIR - Replay Split 1 | Replay Split 2 | Replay Split 3 | Incident reviews
    20 April: Imola - Replay Split 1 | Replay Split 2 | Replay Split 3 | Incident reviews
    4 May: Sebring - Replay Split 1 | Replay Split 2 | Replay Split 3 | Incident reviews
    18 May: Le Mans - Replay Split 1 | Replay Split 2 | Replay Split 3 | Incident reviews

Race day details:
    Race length:
    15/45 minutes
    Pro Race day: every other Monday

Schedule:
    19:00 - Open practice
    20:00-20:15 - Qualifying
    20:15 - Race start sprint
    20:30 - Race ends
    20:30 - Break
    20:40 - Race start main

Rules:
    Code of conduct
    For this series we will use the following exceptions to the standard rulebook.
    Races will have:
    • Up until livery submission you may choose car
    • Weather scripted on raceday (announced in a forum post)
    • Points system: (+ participation points)
      Sprint race: 20-18-16-14-12-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
      Main race: 35-30-28-27-26-25-24-23-22-21-20-19-18-17-16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
    • Participation (per round) points: Split 1: 100 Split 2: 75 Split 3: 50, Split 4: 25

After the season - overall standings
    Position 1-5 to go directly into Pro Series
    Position 6-10 to go into relegation

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2020
    Rifqy Afiyat and D Nichols like this.
  2. Steward notes
    In case you failed to submit a valid livery, you are not on the list. Please review our rules again, we outlined how it should be done in this thread.

Entry list

For now expect the splits to stay like this - however its pending reviews (most have been done, but the new laps that is done on the 26th has not been reviewed.
    Challenge Split 1
    upload_2020-5-19_9-34-3.png
    Challenge Split 2
    upload_2020-5-19_9-34-29.png
    Challenge Split 3
    upload_2020-5-19_9-34-56.png

New BOP (replaces the old meaning the old has been deleted and the numbers here are based off of the base again).
    Aston: None
    Audi: None
    Bentley: -12kg, -3% bodydrag -3% Power and Torque
    BMW M6: +7kg
    Callaway: None
    McLaren 650: +5kg
    McLaren 720: +7kg
    Mercedes AMG: -10kg
    Porsche 991: -15kg

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2020
  3. Akira Iwata

Akira Iwata Registered

Where do I have to post my livery?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This is mentioned in the rules.

5. Rules state that you also need to use your full name on the forum please contact Chris or me in a PM.

Since you have not been assigned a number yet, there is no livery to submit.

6. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

Splits:
    We will support several splits.

Exactly how many splits are there in GT challange? to tell my little community if they have a chance or not ^^

7. 4 splits in challenge

8. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

Ok thanks Jimmi :)

9. Templates posted, note Aston will be added tomorrow

10. Aston is now added

11. Diego Barjollo

Diego Barjollo Registered

First of all, thanks Studio397 for keeping you pushing to improve this wonderful simulator, adding content, improvements and competitions.

These series looks very similar to a private championship we can find out there, with the exceptions that in this case there are important prizes, 150 participants and a particular system of promotions, demotions and scores.
    At the moment we are around 150 people that we cannot participate. Isn't it possible to add more splits so we can do it? Will this be a closed competition for the privileged who are faster or will there be a possibility of "entering" in the future?

And the most important question for me if all the previous answers are negative, Will there be any option in the future for those of us who are not so fast and simply want to compete for fun? Something like daily races at a certain time, or something similar. It would be wonderful.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  12. While we wait for the competition system we are doing these things manually, having 8-10 splits is really not an option with the workload. The competition system will ofcourse be able to offer splits and automatic sortings and so on. But for this exact series it will be limited. There is nothing i would want more than to have everyone racing, but its just not do-able right now.

13. Diego Barjollo

Diego Barjollo Registered

Thanks for the clear answer, Jimmi.

It is a pleasure to hear that you are still working on it, and I encourage you to keep pushing. You guys have my support, my love and that of many others.

(Right now I am 0.375 :eek: over the cutting position
    and I see myself unable to improve after many tries :()

14. kashif

kashif Registered

Whenever i join the competition server for the "GT Challenge," I can't see everybody in the server (only one person in spectate,), the cars don't load and I'm unable to click the race button as it's grayed out.

This only started happening since the last update, I was able to join fine before it.

15. Any trace files or anything that can show anything?
    The last update, which do you mean?

17. Qualifying is over, meaning there is a few things that needs to be checked.
    However I am going to send you an email out with your starting number (or a list of them) sometime within the next hours (early morning included).
    I´ll add some reserves as there is obviously always someone that does not want to race. So prepare :)
    I´ll post here when emails are sent out

18. Entry list in 2nd post

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2020
    Daniele Vidimari likes this.
  19. @ Max Scholten if only i could tag you, you would get up in Challenge 4.

20. Dean Hummerstone

Dean Hummerstone Registered

Didn't realise there was a time limit to qualify for the splits as it states top 15 are pro and the rest are splits of 30, what was the cut off?

Found it
    Needs to be more obvious, for me.......

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.