Historic GT & Touring Cars

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Paul McC, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Historic GT & Touring Car. God I miss this! Top quality mod from the original Rfactor, would love to see S937 get these guys on and release the whole thing in RF2, great sounds, great handling, great variety of cars, proper damage, the whole fricking package, I’d happily pay for that, think a lot of folks would!
    Sorry was watching old Top Gear and they reviewed a v cool classic car that just reminded me of this. So damn good!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Brent, philrob, Duncan and 3 others like this.
  2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

At least there is @dazzer great Datsun 510 mod.
    I have as much sideways fun in that as I used to in the HistorX Lotus Cortina.

dazzer and Mauro like this.
  3. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Hmm' now downloading it to give a try. Seriously though would you happily pay for HGT&T if modders got together with 397 and made it official content, I would!

4. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

From the days of rF1 I still have somewhere over 120 individual car mods including HistoriX, ZIMSA GT, and dozens of very rare cars such as Ferrari 333SP, Spice GTP, Mazda Furai, Porsche 914-4&6, Fiero GT, and more.

rF1 was relatively easy to update, good thing as so many of the originals often had rather hacked physics underneath exceptional quality graphics, as suspension geometry and tire physics were seemingly beyond the comprehension of most of the graphic artists who compiled many of these mods.

A decade back some of our WSC, IMSA & SCCA alumni of retired "Gentleman Drivers" did a season of private league racing mostly using models of the cars we actually raced in the GTP-GTU classes. Indeed we "pirated" some of the graphics but restricted the distribution to our league. Word got out to a few of the original modders who issued protests over changes to physics and in some cases corrections of the livery errors as we never requested permission. It was pretty laughable as not one of the modders in protest ever bothered to contact the actual owners of the cars they copied, and in most cases provided physics that were absolutely horrid. That was what became the original IMSA GT that somehow slipped out to the public - which is what resulted in the protests.

I have no interest in developing mods for rF2, what's out there already is more than satisfactory for me, and some are so good its hard to choose...

Petros Mak Group C is IMO one of the best ever produced. The 917 mod is fantastic, despite being a bit compromised with tire and aero numbers. S397 mods have always been very good some of them are quite exceptional.

Yet I would really enjoy more cars from the late 70's - 80's era when I raced. I don't mind paying for good work so count me in!

5. David Wright

David Wright Registered

They would have to get Slightly Mad Studios who made most of the cars. This might be tricky. And Neils Heusinkveld who made much of the physics. He does appear in rF2 credits but he is concentrating on his pedal business and isn't a fan of rF2's tyre model, so that might be tricky too. The sounds are badly distorted but I understand some people prefer that.