Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1117 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 14, 2019.

1. HardWin

HardWin Registered

ADSTA likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Would that not be Reiza's responsibility? URD, Reiza, Enduroracers et al. up to them to update their content, if they want to spend the time and resources to achieve that.

3. HardWin

HardWin Registered

Why would that be the responsibility if Reiza? Studio-397 is in the lead of software development of our beloved sim. Thumbnails were working, now there not. Not quite an improvement from the end-user perspective, as Studio-397 will probably also know. This seems ‘low hanging fruit’ to fix.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

1) S397 are not responsible for updating 3rd Party Content.
    2) As this UI is (clearly) in Beta there's probably little point in 3rd Parties wasting time on Icons in case future updates break them again, therefore it's better for them to wait until the UI is Final/"V1.0"

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think to be clear for this conversation, Reiza is not a 'partner' with S397. They both exist under the Luminis umbrella, but are separate entities. IF Reiza wants to update the icons for the new UI, they are free to do so. I do not think S397 will devote time to such a project and, as Marc stated, there is a good chance it will all have to be redone before this UI program is finished.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

3) Unless the Icons are auto-generated then don't I look like a twat :D

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

hmm no Reiza have nothing to do with Luminis

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

? what is this then by Marcel?
    In 2015 Luminis teamed up with Reiza Studios, a Brazilian development studio of racing games and simulators to create their latest racing simulation called Automobilista Motorsports Simulator. Recently released on Steam, this title puts you in the driving seat of an advanced racing simulator to deliver a uniquely diverse motorsports experience!.... (this was an intro to a youtube video)

9. HardWin

HardWin Registered

This is no third party content, just some icons that existed before, don’t understand your reasoning here. Do we want to watch question marks all time? How hard can it be to restore these / make it compatible with the new ui? A beta is about fixing things in order to arrive at a version 1, right?

10. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Perhaps not 3rd party, but NOT S397. Reiza is their own unique company and it's up to them to provide updates. It would be like asking another baker to finish a wedding cake from some other bake shop. Now if question marks are such an eyesore, nothing is stopping any of us from creating, and installing our own icons. After all, a low-hanging fix right?

12. stonec

stonec Registered

I think you misunderstand the scope of this. It's not about using existing icons, these are entirely new icons with a new format and needs regeneration by loading each car into an image editor and capturing six different-sized icons (old UI only required one size). Secondly, S397 cannot update the mods' icons, the way the game works, the mod maker (Reiza) has to include icons in their workshop mod and push the update to Steam workshop, only that way can it be updated. Thirdly, it would be impossible for S397 to go through all third party content icons even if point 2) was possible, have you had a look at how many mods there are in the workshop?

13. HardWin

HardWin Registered

True, and I’m not saying it’s easy, I just don’t have the time to be busy with generating icons, wish I had. I just want to race. And in all honesty, these ‘knitty gritty’ details - which have a relatively big impact on the user experience- I would expect not to see in a v1.0. And if that means I have to pay for it a bit, no problem. From a developer perspective I would first focus on the such ‘basics’ now. Another example: tried the multiplayer and immediately experienced a total crash of the sim, ending up in a forced restart. The best racing sim of the world deserves better.

14. HardWin

HardWin Registered

Thanks for your clarification. I understand that S397 cannot go through all third party content, but I think it’s reasonable to expect that a official pack (such as from Reiza), which I paid for, keeps functioning properly.

Adam Helyes likes this.
  15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That is a reasonable assumption, and you should direct your comments to Reiza.

16. HardWin

HardWin Registered

Why? Did Reiza change the UI? Did I pay Reiza? Is rfactor their sim?

17. stonec

stonec Registered

If you just want to race, you shouldn't have opted in for a beta. I guess we are so used to betas these days that it comes as a surprise when things don't work as expected. The solution is simple, roll back for the time being until things like missing icons (which I repeat only Reiza have the authority to update their own mod) get ironed out.

18. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

Herein lies the problem of 3rd party content creators selling their mods on the "official" item store. As far as I am conerned, if you want to sell your content officially, that is fine if you keep it up to date. And with their own development, do you think icons would be that important for Reiza to update quickly. I hope so, but not holding my breath.
    One question as I do not own the content, but is KartSim content updated for icons etc.

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

IMO the problem is more the platform getting updates like these, not the 3rd party themselves. The idea is good but the platform needs to be stable, and that's something rf2 isnt in many sectors.

Why ppl are expecting Reiza to update stuff now is beyond me tho, comon sense would say to wait for S397 to say things are final, not even S397 themselves are updating all content (hello PBR shaders...). I know most have no comon sense so there is that lol
    But then why would anyone spend money on licenses and labour costs to sell things in this sim in its current state is also beyond me :D
    I'm glad I got this pack for free

Reiza just hired Luminis to make some (or all?) of the coding update in AMS, wonder if they made the FFB updates, turns out it's bugged and doesn't work for most ppl since you need 180 or 360 fps to benefit from it, all this time ppl talked so good and prized a 60hz ffb :D

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  20. Leige

Leige Registered

Great update to ui. Vr performance in menus is better and load screens are better too.

Points to improve:
    • Car select in practice is not yet available
    • Install new workshop content requires restart

mixer61 likes this.