How do I Fresh install Rfactor 2 - without having to pay for it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jers, Feb 13, 2020.

1. jers

jers Registered

I am having a lot of issues lately racing on-line, with many overlapping issues. the main problem is that i lose the feal of my G27 wheel in the race and sometimes badly. These issues seem to be getting worse, not better and i am going to try to borrow a G29 wheel. I have Fanatec clubsport pedals.
    if this doesn't solve my problems i was thinking of copying my Rfactor2 folder to a save folder and the Rfactor %appdata% folder also, like we use to do back in the day for a fresh install. But how do i download Rfactor 2 now from steam without paying for it? i could then see if this fresh install helps and add content as needed.
    i have done fresh installs of the drivers for Fanatec and Logitech pedals and wheel - didn't help. the G27 driver is from 2010 and may not work with windows 10 as well, that is why i want to try the G29. also my computer has always had an issue with having the G27 wheel and clubsport pedals. if i restart my computer i must disconnect both my wheel and pedals to get it to boot up. could not get fanatec to help in solving that issue. I think my computer has a demon in it......

2. lagg

lagg Registered

If you want a really clean install i would:
    1. Uninstall rF2 from Steam.
    2. Delete the ...\Steam\Steamapps\common\rFactor 2 folder
    3. Install rF2 from Steam.
    The rF2 license is linked to your Steam account. You don't loose the license uninstalling rF2. You can install in several computers but use only in one at the same time.

jers and Remco Majoor like this.
  3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Your G27 could be overheating.
    In rF2 controls page you can assign a button to Reset FFB

jers and OdeFinn like this.
  4. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

@jers my G27 sometimes drops FFB totally out on race restart, but there's option to bind on key, "RESET FFB" on keyboard mappings, map it on your keyboard and use if problems occur. If this is type of your problem, overheating as above suggested is one reason if just loosing grunt on FFB.

jers likes this.
  5. jers

jers Registered

Thanks guys......

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I put that reset ffb on a button that was not very convenient, and I press it every pitstop, just in case. I do A-
    LOT of things in rF2, JUST IN CASE.