CS-closed BMW SIM M2 CS Racing Cup 2020

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMW_M2_2020_screenshot_01.jpg Intro:
    Get ready for ten incredible rounds of racing in the BMW SIM M2 CS Racing Cup. Each round will be held on variations of the iconic Nurburgring, matching BMW excellence with the challenges of the green hell!

By signing up you acknowledge to the: Rules and the Terms of Participation

Required content:
    BMW M2 CS
    and Nordschleife
    Note we are using the CUP version of the car

Splits:
    No - each PreQ only top 30 will go to the race.

Broadcast:
    Yes on our Twitch channel

Livery submission:
    As per rules, we require a custom made livery, the deadline is on sunday at 20:00 after PreQualifying. You will be notified on how to submit.

Name vs nickname:
    We require every participants to use their real name in game, in our competition system and on our forum. We need to be able to recognize you. If you have a nickname and need to change it - contact our staff.

Spotter
    Each driver may have one spotter with them on Teamspeak in order to relay incidents to race control. Spotters may not join the rFactor 2 race server.

Season schedule:
    PreQualifying starts and ends at 13:00
    Round 1:
    PreQualifying: 6 February - 13 February
    Race: 19 February - GP track, sunny - 25 mins
    Replays
    Round 2:
    PreQualifying: 27 February - 5 March
    Race: 11 March - Nordschleife, sunny - 45 mins
    Replays
    Round 3:
    PreQualifying: 12 March - 19 March (dry)
    Race: 25 March - Nordschleife, rain - 45 mins
    Replays
    Round 4:
    PreQualifying: 26 March - 2 April
    Race: 8 April - Nurburgring 24h, sun - 45 mins
    Replays
    Round 5:
    PreQualifying: 4 June - 11 June
    Race: 17 June - Nurburgring 24h, mixed - 60 mins
    Replays
    Round 6:
    PreQualifying: 18 June - 25 June
    Race: 1 July - Nurburgring combined, night/dry - 45 mins
    Replays
    Round 7:
    PreQualifying: 9 July - 16 July
    Race: 22 July - Nurburgring, rain - 25 mins
    Replays
    Round 8:
    PreQualifying: 6 August - 13 August
    Race: 19 August - Nordschleife, day/hot - 60 mins
    Replays
    Round 9:
    PreQualifying: 3 September - 10 September
    Race: 16 September - Nurburgring 24h, rain - 45 mins
    Replays
    Round 10:
    PreQualifying: 1 October - 8 October
    Race: 14 October - Nurburgring 24h, night/mixed - 60 mins
    Replays

Race day details:
    Race length:
    25-45-60 mins
    Schedule:
    18:00 - Open practice
    19:30-19:45 - Qualifying
    19:45 - Warmup (pre race notes)
    20:00 - Race start - Standing start

Prizes
    Each round winner will be invited to the BMW SIM Live 2020 in Munich with the overall winner in Munich will be getting a taste of the BMW M2 CS Racing in 2021 on the racetrack. Not just that, each round will offer some incredible cash prizes:
    1st EUR 1000
    2nd EUR 500
    3rd EUR 250
    You can race all races, however you can only go to Munich once. This means if you win first and second race, the driver in 2nd place gets the 2nd spot. The highest ranked driver that is not invited will be invited.

Registration opens Thursday at 13.00 CET, dive into the rFactor 2 BMW SIM M2 CS Racing Cup qualifier and take on the world at the Nurburgring. Follow @bmwmotorsport Twitter for the latest news!

Drivers going to the final
    upload_2020-10-14_21-21-5.png

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2020
  2. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

Hi Jimmi,

could you say who to contact for the name change in the forum?

Thanks.

3. PM @Christopher Elliott
    With this info:
    Nickname: putinyournickname

Risto Kappet likes this.
  4. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

so only the 20 qualifiers will be able to race?
    I was hoping that other servers would be open to make the race between slower drivers, it's really a pity...:(
    I hope it can be done because I'm never going to make it to the 20 or even 40...
    think about the little "drivers" who want to race for the pleasure of riding with other rf2 members!! Maybe that's the plan?

5. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

I guess the frustration comes from the lack of official racing structure in RF2, which is still nowhere to be seen, and it won't be seen I guess till the new UI gets debugged.
    Other than that, this is not a series but a competition.
    You will still have to rely on 3rd party league racing for anything beyond that.
    Personally, if I am not fast enough to race I am not interested in any side racing and fluffing around, there's a lot of racing going on elsewhere.
    In before Jimmi announces a race for the non qualifiers :eek:

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Think more in terms of this being a single, and official, series. There may well be other official ones, and hopefully before this series finishes we'll all have access to competition infrastructure that allows many custom events that can cater for different levels and numbers. Asking Jimmi to organise and run this competition AND set up servers to run a multitude of secondary races is a bit like asking FIFA to run your local club game. It just feels at the moment like you can only get a ball direct from FIFA, but when that changes it should be fine.

Sorry for OT.

Daniel Espada likes this.
  7. 20?
    Racing in its purest form is to go the quickest and end up as a winner right? We are hosting this for BMW so they can have a bunch of fast simracers in Munich. Having multiple splits adds to the work load, but may i remind you:
    There WILL be racing coming very soon, but not every single event will have multiple splits.

8. Yuri Kasdorp

Yuri Kasdorp Registered

Name check

9. Oleksandr Borodai

Oleksandr Borodai Registered

Seems that people have to know few important things about this BMW. To be at least somehow competitive.
    1. Choose CS version (450hp instead of 350hp that Cup car has) in "tuning section" while entering server.
    2. Default brake bias: 50:50 seems to be rubbish. Something around - 57:43 makes a lot of difference.
    3. I still miss something important about this car, to hit 2.09 club. Looking at 2.09 hotlaps there is no "shocking trajectories or braking points" and the whole lap looks the same as mine, but 2 seconds faster :D

10. Vladislav Tokarev

Vladislav Tokarev Registered

"11.2 Drivers are allowed to put more than 2 wheels off the track surface in order to avoid an accident or to avoid another car. Drivers are not allowed to go off to improve their lap time. If drivers get a warning or penalty by the game this will not be removed."
    Kerbs are considered to be the surface of the track, or only what is up to the white line ? This is the cut ? upload_2020-2-10_3-12-7.png

11. Thats a good catch, but you are quoting the wrong rule

So since there was no exception posted about this specific corner you may use it. However, blatantly going off will result in a DQ.

Vladislav Tokarev likes this.
  12. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Damn it! I put two afternoons to reach the usual 10 secs gap I normally have compared to the top 10. I only managed to have 13, no matter how hard I tried.
    It's a bit disappointing they let us using a different car :(
    I rushed home today, to try out the the CS, and it's a totally different animal! I have my 10 secs gap, at last :)

Lazza likes this.
  13. You can use the upgrades to the car like you want this round. You should be happy that you now can be within the 10 seconds ;)

14. Akira Iwata

Akira Iwata Registered

Do I have to participate in every race??

15. Just dont qualify for it, there is a qualifying round for every single race (like the one you see now).

16. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Can we use these races as an opportunity to update and improve the realroads on these track layouts?
    The current AI generated 1.0x car wide 100% saturated realroad makes it more like train racing than car racing. It is not good to drive on and doesnt look good either.
    Lets make the race events start on a green track, save presets in the end of practice, qualifying and race, and S397 will have itself a perfect organical realroad.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  17. Its not a bad idea, however im not gonna add another task on top of this when doing the races (myself) feel free to save them, i´ll gladly pass them over. But i cant remember to save it, as between sessions i am moving people, talking and listening ;)
    "You can just get another guy to do this" sure and i just did, though i dont think 30 cars after 1 hour is enough real road for some drivers ;)

Remember to ask for a username change if you are going to race. If i cant tag you on the forum you wont make it :)

Risto Kappet likes this.
  18. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Great! I didn't know it had different engine specs :D The practice was of course useful though :)

Deleted member 24698 likes this.
  19. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

I am happy to take the obligation of saving the realroads between sessions

20. Oleksandr Borodai

Oleksandr Borodai Registered

Anything else we should know about upgrades to M2, despite CS/Cup versions, to make it go faster?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.