Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by fsuarez79, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

No magical settings required - just the standard trial-and-error, as with any game. In ACC, you have the added benefit of being able to change them from the pause menu's settings whilst on track, so no having to exit the session like in rFactor 2, which can cause setting changes to take ages.

2. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

You are saying coherent things, I don't really stutter or I haven't noticed, I haven't felt any discomfort. I have to say that my cpu is superior to yours. Even so, these problems in a new product are usually normal, I still remember the launch of rF2.
    @Travis what I don't understand is how you can say that the game looks blurry.

3. Travis

Travis Registered

@FAlonso

It is simple; 1080p resolution seems to be the crap spot for whatever Kunos have done to the UE4 engine as looking around the web it appears anyone with a 1920x1080p monitor has the same poor image quality issues. Check the threads on Race Department for examples of what I have posted and you'll read many cases of people with the same issues.

I completely forgot I raced MotoGP 2019 and it looks great in comparison to ACC and runs much better too although it does not have dynamic weather or day-night transitions.

4. Tiago Lapa

Tiago Lapa Registered

The magic trick is simple. Dont use TAA, go for MSAA.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

There's a small problem with that magic trick, it doesn't work. UE4 engine uses deferred rendering, which is a way of rendering that doesn't support use of MSAA. If there was an MSAA option we wouldn't be having this discussion...

Magus, Ho3n3r and mesfigas like this.
  6. Tiago Lapa

Tiago Lapa Registered

Yes, my mistake. Increase resolution scale to 200%.

7. romaFC

romaFC Registered

best gt3 simulator game at moment.

looks stunning at 1440p.

and the new tracks are amazing.

FAlonso likes this.
  8. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

thank you

9. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Hello.

Is an Assetto Corsa 2, with many different categories of cars and many diversified circuits, and taking up the advantages of ACC is planned ?

Otherwise very likely ?

If yes, when can we hope to have it (2021 ?? Can dream).

I ask this because for me the ideal game would be an ACC with a lot of very diverse content, and preferably physics extremely close (or better) than rF2, which is not yet the case for IMO.

FAlonso likes this.
  10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

OFFTOPIC ON:

With RRE you still have a very good (equivalent) alternative to rF2 (my opinion).
    The content that was updated is the same (rF2 Standard) from the physics in my opinion (Group 4 as an example).
    In other words, very, very close to rF2.
    The AI gives you very good and exciting fights over the distance and is never unfair.

And the developers won't leave you unanswered in the forest with your questions or criticism (on the contrary). RRE is also working on a new UI.
    I hope day / night / rain will come.

It is questionable whether there will be a sim with modding content (unfortunately).

AMS2 made a very good first impression. In the next few weeks it will become clear what Reiza is doing. But I'm very optimistic about that.

What is left to say?
    rF2 is good. Yes just good.
    The Physics and FFB are a clear yardstick for all other Sims out there.
    Still, I'm just disappointed.
    Paid content is not fixed (GT3 over 1 year).
    DevMod does not work in VR.
    Standard content was not updated to DX11.
    All AIW's do not work (AC Cobra).
    Rain races against the AI are not working properly.
    Ok ok, the UI is being worked on.
    When I see other studios like QUICK that fix their content and maintain and maintain their Sim.
    What should I say as an end customer?
    I don't know what S397 thinks.
    And I'm not the only one who sees it that way.
    Construction sites without end and nothing is really accomplished.
    That is a shame, but it is true. And that's why I currently prefer RRE.
    Almost everything works there as it should.

Maybe someday something will turn out for the better (hopefully).
    And from S397 no position is taken anyway.
    There is a quick short answer about Discord, but that's about it.
    Really a shame.
    But now I don't care either.
    As I said, there are alternatives.

OFFTOPIC OFF:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Claude H. likes this.
  11. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

The alternatives do not suit me unfortunately (and rF2 either obviously).

Only AMS 2 leaves a little hope, but after having inquired with youtubers in whom I have great confidence, too many boxes are not checked, and I find that it is not sufficiently encouraging for the rest.

The physics will still evolve, but if it does not reach the level of rF2, this will not suit me.

Only an AC 2, with lots of cars and circuits of different types, with all the advantages of ACC (which are incredibly numerous) and a physics engine still improved compared to ACC could suit me.

I am nonetheless the advances of AMS, and there is almost no hope for rF2, for which IMO S397 has never stopped choosing wrong priorities (IMO).

12. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

What you are looking for does not exist, what you are looking for would be the perfect simulator, today it is only in the hands of KunosSimulazioni but it seems that it is not his plan. Just yesterday Stefano Casillo, the chief programmer of KunosSimulazioni left the company. In this way the development of AC2 seems unlikely. Today I personally think ACC is the best simulation available, but it only contains one category of cars, in the future we will have the GT4, a category that I love but it will continue to be little variety. If Kunos continues to increase its content it could become the AC2 we want, but it seems unlikely. I wish Kunos would start adding all kinds of cars like he did in AC, that would be wonderful.

13. kimbo

kimbo Registered

AMS2 y RF2 was too much for the bald man

14. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I am not going to argue with you about what makes a simulator perfect or not, as this is quite subjective and everyone has personal needs and desires for sims. But with ACC as with AC there are so many things that are in a state where I wouldn't even call it beta worthy, that I think that people have a wierd tendency to meassure different products with different benchmarks. S397 and ISI got so much slack for their approach to development - even for missing yellow stripes on steering wheels - that I sometimes wonder if people tested all the different products throrougly enough to come to the conclusion that a sim like ACC with more cars would be the perfect sim or if they simply ignore one issue in one product when in another product a seemingly similar or objectively minor issue is the biggest problem on earth. It goes without saying, that I still enoy AC from time to time and more so ACC because it got improved where AC kind of failed but if I am completely honest, Kunos ignored some pretty important areas where I am still left with a big question mark on my face, why stuff was implemented so half-hearted or even completely forgotten and people cry about Stefano Castillo selling out on RD. For the people who think that there is no hope for rF2, I would give you the advice to take a step back, test different products and then come back with an open and clear mind before jumping to conclusions. Even trying out iRacing for ten bugs can be worth it.

atomed and The Iron Wolf like this.
  15. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I have clearly decided that the support of S397 is more than absolutely questionable. I wrote that down a few posts earlier. S397 ignores almost everything in the forum. Then any old content is arbitrarily fixed. this old content is preferred to current paid content. What kind of decisions is that? I've been following all this long enough to form my opinion. I spoke to Marcell personally at the last Sim Expo about GT3 content. So far this has not been completely fixed. When I look at other studios ... but what the f***? I don't care now. We don't care about them as customers. And there are definitely alternatives to rF2 now. Fortunately, the other studios don't sleep. That I write and debate here means that I like rF2 very much. But this love is getting less and less. It's just not fun to watch this any longer. Pure waste of time.

Edit:
    And what happened to the weekly updates? When was it mentioned? About 6 weeks ago?

atomed likes this.
  16. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

So if you claim that there are more and more alternatives I will dare you to answer me following question: Wich current gen sim is as open to modding, complete in terms of features, offers the same flexibility with a high fidelity physics engine (wich is still top of the line since allmost ten years) and simply great FFB out of the box and with a prospect of ongoing development as rF2? Don't get me wrong, I am not blind to see the issues in rF2 and I would also like to see some things to get fixed faster, but when I take a look around and try to get an equal sandbox experience I very quickly run into deadends. If there appears a different solution that offers this ArmA3 like experience in simracing, I will be the first one to change my main platform, but so far there hasn't been one on the radar. And if the sim racing community fails to see this, we will end up with mediocre bland games in the future as the focus is more and more on closed platforms. ;)

The Iron Wolf and Mark Lloyd like this.
  17. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Yeah this exactly a prob. Also for me. ;)
    Again you can see that any posts above.
    Unfortunately i believe rF2 is the last sandbox sim.

I just wonder if S397 is actually passionately running this project itself?
    This project is treated more as a lucrative side business ..

As far as pure physics and FFB are concerned. For example, deal intensively with RRE. Has its quirks too. No weather and day-night changes. The AI works perfectly. But I've already written all of this. this letter is also less aimed at you, but rather at S397. But even if you should read it, you don't get an opinion anyway. News is more likely to be heard via social media or RD. But only secondarily via the official forum. Another nonsense. but we can't change it anyway.

18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The business isn't treated as lucrative side business. Otherwise you wouldn't have the big involvement with the current esport broadcasts and otherwise you wouldn't get new content and features, even if they aren't your desired thing or don't get released at our desired pace. And even if the forum isn't the go-to place of the devs anymore, it's even integrated in the new UI. If I was a dev discord would have a higher priority in the UI, but that's just me. :)

19. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Might be. But theory and practice are two different pairs of shoes. As far as ESport is concerned, I don't want to say much. There are always explanations why this or that does not work in the implementation. The fact is, the S397 philosophy doesn't really work well. and their project obviously doesn't really either.

20. williang83

williang83 Registered

Is this a joke? rF2 can be simply described as jack of all trades master of none.
    - The so praised tire model? Unfinished feature! Environment has no impact! Pressure has weird impact! Compound simulation is a joke! Temperature is a joke! I've seen more credible logic in arcade game. Don't get me wrong, it feels very dynamic but the combination of pressure/compound/wear/temperature/environment temperature is very very very very very very very lacking
    - Raining? Unfinished feature!
    - AI? Unfinished feature! Very dumb, unable to perform slip stream overtake, no strategies at all, etc...
    - SP Gameplay? Extremely non existing even for 2000 games standards, even IR is moving toward improvements in this area, rf2 instead....
    - MP Gameplay? Until competition is released, it's bad and limite
    - Graphics? Have you ever raced in rain? Besides among all games rf2 is the one offering the worst streaming quality. The others really provide much more improved graphic quality when it comes to race streams.
    - Car Simulation? Tell how realistic is drive train and transmission in rf2 again, please i'm all ears.
    - Safety car logic? Complete mess and bad joke

So tell me again, how someone can be so blind and consider this never ending WIP game a complete in term of feature product! Just because the physics is nice and the FFB is great it doesn't compensate the EXTREMELY MEDIOCRE rest of the software.

Currently the market is pretty simple, MP wise iRacing is still the king, SP wise ACC (which i dislike since ....GT3) is the best overall option.

Mibrandt, FrC and FAlonso like this.