(json) failed to perform operation, unsupported type

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jempy, Jul 25, 2014.

1. FORMULAEFAN71

FORMULAEFAN71 Registered

Yeah, the workshop ones, but I just put one in from a download and isn’t showing up. I’m not to particular about that one though as I just started the game after I put it in and I don’t think it registered yet

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Into which folder did you put downloaded mod files?
    If you have not changed it, the folder
    ..\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Packages
    is the place where they belong to, then.
    If they are not in that folder already, move them into that folder before you start the game.
    Then select the "box" symbol in the launcher, sort the content list by name and search for the mods and mark and install them.
    They are there for sure.
    And that you don't have to do the rightclick procedure, everytime you want to start rfactor 2, rightclick on the "launch rfactor" file, select properties in the opening menu and then compatibility.
    Check the checkbox "run the program as administrator" and click ok.
    Now it should run in admin mode, even if you start it from the steam client.
    I guess there is something wrong with the windows user rights control, on your PC.

3. FORMULAEFAN71

FORMULAEFAN71 Registered

I’m sorry, but I still have to keep running it as an administrator even after I did what you said.
    I think the mod that I downloaded was bad because it’s not showing up either.

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

One more suggestion i do have.
    Rightclick on the main folder of the steam installation and select properties.
    Click the tab "Security" and check if the useraccount that you use has full rights /except of the "special permissions".
    If you don't have all other rights, click edit, set all rights and click OK to save the changes.
    Normally you should not need to force "run as administrator" anymore then.

5. FORMULAEFAN71

FORMULAEFAN71 Registered

I understand what you mean, which is a rarity lol, but what folder do I do this to, my steam library, steam, or rfactor2 folder?

6. Bernd

Bernd Registered

As said, the main folder of the steam installation, so it is the folder "..\Steam". ;)