Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1117 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Frank Murphy

Frank Murphy Registered

No, I didn't change this. Stands on "automaticly"
    I also tried to delete the bin64 and bin32 folder.... nothing like the same. The game is crashing after this message.

2. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

Thanks, I will try, because I always saw some specific ports for rF2 servers.

3. djvicious

djvicious Registered

• In VR, fixed a glitchy loading screen in the headset in both the old and new UI.
    • In VR, fixed a flashing desktop mirror while track loads in both the old and new UI.

The real MVP here! Thanks S397, I'm going to try right away. I had to close my eyes when loading a track because I was afraid I'd lose my mind!

memoNo1 likes this.
  4. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Good job on the improvements !

Here's some observations, mostly usability related, after 15 min or so playing with the UI:

- fonts are blurry with game resolution set at 4K on a 4K monitor.
    As if the UI was rendered at a lower resolution and upscaled. This makes everything looks low res and not as sharp as it could be. Windows scaling is set at 200% but this does not change if scaling is disabled (100%). This blurryness is really jarring

- blinding white backgrounds are not ideal, especially in a low lit room. Please add an optional 'dark mode'.

- Please remove the slow fading between pages. This just make the UI feel much slower.
    I know web designers love transitions and fancy effects, but please refrain from it or make then much faster and less in-your-face. Also, combined with the white background, fading is very unpleasant. And it seems sluggish and not operate at a fast framerate...

- design requiring horizontal scrolling because everything does not fit on the page is not great. I would get rid of it, which would also make these edge red arrow not needed anymore. I think they clutter the design, making it more busy than necessary. Speaking of horinzontal scrolling, in the Settings top page, Bug: clicking the right button to scroll and go to the plugins page does not scroll the bottom section.

- dragging scrollbars in lists do not work well, as scrolling stops as soon as the mouse
    gets out of the scrollbar area, which is very easy. Scroll wheel works fine.

- I would really really like to have support for mouse back button to go to previous page, like in your regular web browser. This would help so much to go back to the previous page without having to hit the red arrow at the top-left corner

- quick exit game with ALT+F4 from anywhere would be nice

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    Emery, TJones, Dady Cairo and 2 others like this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Games tend to 'eat' that key combo because it's generally not what people want to do. But it would perhaps be handy for the low percentage of people who know and use that shortcut, to pop up with an exit confirmation message. Or just make a quit button easily available at all times. (Or both!)

6. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

At least WRC 8 and SLRE do just that and it is very handy.

7. mb24064

mb24064 Registered

Much better this time around, although I am in-between VR headsets so can't confirm some of that yet... Imagine if this was the initial beta...

Couple thoughts after about 20 minutes:
    * Can we have single player first, then multiplayer? or only load favorites if i click on multiplayer? Still not digging that quite
    * Is there a way to save the multiplayer filters (no ai, etc) so I don't have to select them each time
    * Still feel we just need the top menu not the duplicate menus. Maybe add "Content" also to the top so its easier to get to?
    * Overall performance between pages could be faster or no fading
    * Starting to favor the new UI at least in game is much better to navigate, visuals, more information on the session is good

Keep the improvements coming, hoping we can wrap up with the issues and parity items and move quickly into "new" features

8. Ned52

Ned52 Registered

Since the last update the game is a mess with red cross on packages already installed and impossible to install new ones ...

9. Fer

Fer Registered

In my opinion, the interface design is not good, I find it very uncomfortable visually, there is no visual help that facilitates a quick and comfortable identification of the information on the screen, I would not buy such a design, it does not seem very elaborate, since I put the beta I do not open the game, I am very lazy, it is a visual pain.

Adam Helyes likes this.
  10. Depco

Depco Registered

Had some issues with the screen freezing while the game updated from the workshop. I was patient and it completed after a while and all went back to normal. I am still getting the hitchy loading screens and freezes as a server's track is loaded. Have not yet been able to test the join lag on the server though. It was a nice surprise to see admin commands working again. Thank you.

11. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Don't worry it won't be long ;)
    It's also very easy for now to go back to opt-out if you need Dev mode. That's what I do as well :)

memoNo1 likes this.
  12. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Can we already read notes on setups?

Do we have the chat implemented in session screen? If not i'll keep the old version...

13. Christopher Elliott

It should work both in car and in the event screen (expand the side bar for chat) :)

Rui Santos likes this.
  14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Perfect, thanks, as a ultrawide screen user, we need to use better all the screen for all info "at once". The chat needs to be visible, otherwise people will miss some important info...

Keep up the good work!

TJones likes this.
  15. Christopher Elliott

Agree, we're looking at making it visible when you have notifications.

16. Rectxngle

Rectxngle Registered

I don't know if this has been suggested but it would be nice to have the option to switch between a dark and light background with a button switch that is easy to find in the menu or in the settings.

Hazi, Martin Vindis and Rui Santos like this.
  17. Irvine

Irvine Registered

Thank you, dude! :)

TJones likes this.
  18. vittorio

vittorio Registered

good move from S397 releasing an update with only bug fixes and a detailed changelog. very welcomed.
    personally appreciate the VR bug fixes.
    reading there is another bug fix release planed for the next 1-2 weeks. keep up the good work!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    Martin Vindis and TJones like this.
  19. Andrew171

Andrew171 Registered

How to download this new interface?

20. TJones

TJones Registered