Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by fsuarez79, Sep 12, 2018.

1. kimbo

kimbo Registered

ACC..."the iracing killer"...:rolleyes::p

2. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

[​IMG]

vegaguy5555 and juanchioooo like this.
  3. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

With that I reference to my settings in rF2 and for me possible in ACC, at epic it looks very good but FPS is very low instead.
    I have refunded ACC for now, if SLI scaling works better in the future might buy it again. But still the overall impression of the 2 hours are are good.

Nothing will kill "iRenting" in the near future, the racing structure is unique and people have invested time and money. But if the other actors (S397, Kunos etc) on the market do nothing it will sure not happen, who know how it looks in 5 or 10 years time.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  4. Emery

Emery Registered

Picked up ACC in the fall holiday sale. Spent the first two hours deciding I liked it, but fps needed improvement (badly!) if I was going to run it on my triple screens. Next hour was spent fine-tuning the settings to see if I could find enough fps to have a race instead of just hotlapping without making the graphics ugly and successfully had a race with 4 opponents. Then another hour spent using the info in https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/i-got-my-fps-back.172350/#post-3029582 gain enough fps to have a race with 14 opponents. That seems to be about my limit for now without better hardware (GTX 1080 and i7-4770@3.5 Ghz).

ACC AI and FFB is definitely improved over AC. Can use my normal rF/rF2 wheel profile rather than a custom one, like I needed with AC. Not too keen on the Unreal engine, at least not for daytime. Have to question Kunos on why the trees are waving around when the wind speed is 0 kph, LOL.

5. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

DON'T whatever you do, question Kunos :eek:

6. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

There's nothing wrong with frame rate!
    You just don't know how to drive! :D

7. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

Happy New Year!

F1Aussie and vegaguy5555 like this.
  8. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

9. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

10. Heikki21

Heikki21 Registered

As much as I love rF2, ACC developed and drives so good now. The 4 tracks pack just got released with a very nice promo video :cool:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    qusimano and FAlonso like this.
  11. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I might have to check it out?
    Last time I drove ACC I couldn't help thinking how much better rF2's GT3's feels.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  12. halfwit

halfwit Registered

Purchased it recently.The performance is dreadful ,lag,tearing even with g sync and the stutter pure misery.I thought RF2 had issues but these are nothing compared to this game.
    Few things RF2 could learn from is the UI and the speed of loading tracks .The replays are excellent.The sounds of the cars are exceptional RF2 take note.
    Unless you have a very powerful PC this game looks average,RF2 looks so much better .
    Will be requesting my money back from Steam

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  13. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

What are the specifications of your pc?

It is obvious that rF2 asks for less requirements, although it is quite demanding for its poor visual section.

ACC is a new project, it would not make sense to use an old graphics engine, you have to renew the PC to enjoy this.

R.Noctua likes this.
  14. halfwit

halfwit Registered

GTX 1080 , I5 7600 16gb ram.Runs r factor with no issues no bottlenecks.

15. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

That is very strange, you have a graphics card superior to my GTX 1060, I can exceed 90FPS in 1080p with a graphic quality VERY superior to what is seen in rF2. The performance with that graphics card should be very good, I am not sure that your processor is hurting its performance.

Here you can see an example with its graph.

Ho3n3r likes this.
  16. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Something sounds off. I ran it with the same GPU and a 7600k at 80-144FPS with high settings.

17. Travis

Travis Registered

I find the in game visuals in ACC to be abhorrent; washed out colours, blurry textures, mirrors & shadows that outright kill performance and look awful, terrible shadow pop in and various optimisation issues.

I have no issues running pCARS 2 or rF2 on the same hardware (i7 and 1070Ti) at max or very high settings. For me rF2 and AC with the CSP and Sol mods look far better and run better than ACC.

UE4 is not suited to driving sims; it is great for combat and exploration games

Further, Jimmy Broadbent has discussed his i9 & 2080Ti combo being unable to hold 60fps in all conditions and having to turn downssome settings to low to hold 60fps.

Replays do look fantastic and the physics feel great so I persist.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    mesfigas likes this.
  18. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

You are using MOTION BLUR? If so, disable it and the blur will have been removed. It's really strange that people with better equipment than me may have performance problems. With gtx1060 6gb I have a 90-100 framerate playing alone. With AI I am between 55-60 at the start of the race. The game looks crisp and pretty.

19. Travis

Travis Registered

No motion blur, just the standard in game settings without mucking about with UE4 parameters.

ACC has never looked crisp at any time for anyone I know using NVIDIA GPU.

Perhaps you've found a magical settings mix.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  20. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Given the fact, that I have a low to mid range PC (i5 4570, GTX 1070 and 16gb Ram) for UE4 and ACC specs, I have been experiencing performance issues in ACC since it's release. I think it has improved a bit, but the performance/quality ratio is just not where it should be. And with quality I don't mean the effects and lighting, but simply image clarity and sharpness. I think it's good to compare it to PC2, because both sims basicly offer the same features and complexity and in that regard ACC is simply terrible. It just doesn't scale and eats the CPU for breakfest while it doesn't matter if I lower the settings. And the issue isn't a general problem with my PC but microstutters and frame drops into nirvana for no apparent reason. Those even happen when I am alone on track. And while it runs fluid for 99% of the time, that 1% of micro stutteris the last thing you want to have when you go through Eau Rouge. And don't get me even sarted on the AI cpu consumption.

Videos from some of the streamers are the best example that there is something wrong, when people like J. Broadbent with very potent systems have issues keeping 60 FPS. There are times when I wonder how he even enjoys the driving while it stutters like crazy. Aren't people noticing the stutters? And even in the video that you posted I notice the stutters. Btw, my FPS look good too, but that's not really the issue here. Then there are the popup issues, that add to the feel of heaving stutter. When whole formations of clouds like in the video at 5:55 pop into the image, it makes me go grazy. And at the end this all is a shame, because besides the performance and image clarity the whole product is pretty amazing, and much improved compared to AC.